ADVERTISEMENT

The beginning of the end for purple face

We agree that the way he left caused some to be bitter, but he’s gone, it’s done, it’s over.

Time for everyone to move on.
This reflects my attitude for several months now. BUT, I keep getting pulled back into Kelly’s world. Watching football on Saturday before the ND game and I get four texts: one from a ND alum, two from Oregon Alums, and one from a Washington alum. All gleefully texting some variation of the phony purple faced Kelly getting his ass beat. Point being that the way he left ND and the way he has conducted himself at LSU has unified a large college football fan base to ridicule him and delight in any failure. Can’t recall this happening before.

This reflects my attitude for several months now. BUT, I keep getting pulled back into Kelly’s world. Watching football on Saturday before the ND game and I get four texts: one from a ND alum, two from Oregon Alums, and one from a Washington alum. All gleefully texting some variation of the phony purple faced Kelly getting his ass beat. Point being that the way he left ND and the way he has conducted himself at LSU has unified a large college football fan base to ridicule him and delight in any failure. Can’t recall this happening before.
Yes, I have numerous friends who are not ND fans and they all can't stand the arrogant prick

Reactions: BGI User 756
Yes, I have numerous friends who are not ND fans and they all can't stand the arrogant prick
Oh, you do, huh? You have numerous friends - numerous! - and all they hate BK too. You must be the most popular guy in Chicago. And sure enough all of your numerous friends all hate him and consider him an arrogant prick. And they're not even ND fans!!

You know, people lie on the internet all the time, but you could have a little more subtlety about it. I guess that's more your style of lying. You leave the more elaborate apologias to the hard core of committed, almost votive BK haters... while your job is to back 'em up, with timely references to all your numerous Chicagoan friends who all hate BK as well.... Good job!

W’ & L’s have only little to do with my opinion of him. But after Sat. I will be satisfied with that as his pill to swallow.
I am good, so moving on from BK! hooray!

Oh, you do, huh? You have numerous friends - numerous! - and all they hate BK too. You must be the most popular guy in Chicago. And sure enough all of your numerous friends all hate him and consider him an arrogant prick. And they're not even ND fans!!

You know, people lie on the internet all the time, but you could have a little more subtlety about it. I guess that's more your style of lying. You leave the more elaborate apologias to the hard core of committed, almost votive BK haters... while your job is to back 'em up, with timely references to all your numerous Chicagoan friends who all hate BK as well.... Good job!
This person is either the founder and president of the Coach Brian Kelly fan club, a close relative, or part of his social media staff. Go to the LSU forum and profess your never ending allegiance to BK. You clearly hold him in higher regard than the university or the program itself.

Btw: Rockne, Leahy, Ara, Devine, Holtz are far better than Kelly.

He really did shit on his legacy at ND. Not sure why he felt the need to leave that way and to take shots after the fact, at the university that supported him through 4-8, through Declan, through the fab five, through the blowouts…

he built a strong program and should be recognized…but he has lost a lot of advocates

Reactions: Chitown11 and Telx1
This person is either the founder and president of the Coach Brian Kelly fan club, a close relative, or part of his social media staff. Go to the LSU forum and profess your never ending allegiance to BK. You clearly hold him in higher regard than the university or the program itself.

Btw: Rockne, Leahy, Ara, Devine, Holtz are far better than Kelly.
^He was paid to lick the sweat off of BK’s butt

Nope not me. I won't be satisfied until that arrogant douche gets $hit canned by the Cajuns!!
How can you allow someone so far removed from you to adversely impact your life ?

Why waste your time ?

Why let it consume you ?

Devote your time and energies to more productive things that will benefit your life.

Reactions: NDinNJ
This comment won't age well.

BK will win a national title at LSU and have that program rocking within the next 3 years.

The talent out of that state is insane, BK has full support from LSU admins to win football games (sign the best coaches, upgrade facilities to stay competitive, etc.), he probably has unlimited NIL money for recruiting top 100 talent, he can oversign and greyshirt, and he can transfer in whoever the hell he wants to repair any immediate weaknesses on the roster.

It won't mean as much when he eventually wins it all at LSU, but he'll win big there.
Sure, if Saban and Smart retire, and they hire the Kardashian sisters to replace them.

As far as the talent in LA goes, as of now, the top 2 recruits are going to Texas, and ND USC, Alabama and Tennessee also have top 10 recruits, leaving LSU with a whopping 4 of the top 10. Did anyone ever mention that Kelly kind of sucks at recruiting?

Reactions: Chitown11

Sure do and yes, they can't stand him. What part of that didn't you understand?

How can you allow someone so far removed from you to adversely impact your life ?

Why waste your time ?

Why let it consume you ?

Devote your time and energies to more productive things that will benefit your life.
It doesn't impact me one bit, nor consume my time or energy. I just find the guy a POS thats all and I am going to enjoy every loss he gets at LSU and there will be plenty.

Reactions: futuredomer
Remind one that the Washington Huskies just lost to a decapitated ASU team.

Not true !

LSU has invested a huge amount of money in BK and they’re not about to throw it down the drain in two years or less
They'll give him 5 maybe 6, but that's it. If he durant win a NC by then he'll be replaced. LSU will eat the last half of his contract.

They'll give him 5 maybe 6, but that's it. If he durant win a NC by then he'll be replaced. LSU will eat the last half of his contract.
3 to 5 years depending how bad it would get. Money won't be an issue

No they don't.
You'll see. If he isnt successful he will be gone. His buyout is 90% if he doesnt win a title.

So theyd owe him 56.7mil after year 3 if he gets fired. I dont think he'll be bad enough to get let go after 3 years but if he is a dumpster fire he'd be out

You'll see. If he isnt successful he will be gone. His buyout is 90% if he doesnt win a title.

So theyd owe him 56.7mil after year 3 if he gets fired. I dont think he'll be bad enough to get let go after 3 years but if he is a dumpster fire he'd be out
well yea if he shits the bed in year 3. LSU won't tolerate 4-8 seasons or 6-6, 7-5 seasons. He needs to win 9-10 games or he'll be gone. I think he'll do that l, he just won't beat the elites in the SEC. That will be his demise.

well yea if he shits the bed in year 3. LSU won't tolerate 4-8 seasons or 6-6, 7-5 seasons. He needs to win 9-10 games or he'll be gone. I think he'll do that l, he just won't beat the elites in the SEC. That will be his demise.
That was my point, if he is garbage for 3 years he will be gone.

If they lose this week, 5 and 7 or 6 and 6 is a real possibility

Reactions: NDinNJ
LSU didn’t give Kelly a one year contract, they gave him a 10 year contract for the express purpose of building a program over the long term, just like ND did.

Despite your ramblings, he’s not going anywhere in 2-3 years

LSU didn’t give Kelly a one year contract, they gave him a 10 year contract for the express purpose of building a program over the long term, just like ND did.

Nonsense. They gave him that money to win early. They arent going to be patient like we were. No chance. Different environment down there.

Ed Orgeron got the boot 2 years removed from a national championship. If Kelly goes 7-5 in year 3 he may be gone. He's expected to be at 10 wins in year 3 if not challenging for a NC.

Ed Orgeron got the boot 2 years removed from a national championship. If Kelly goes 7-5 in year 3 he may be gone. He's expected to be at 10 wins in year 3 if not challenging for a NC.
Ed got the boot for reasons not related to football.

Nonsense. They gave him that money to win early. They arent going to be patient like we were. No chance. Different environment down there.
No one gives you the money to win early.

Winning early is a very rare occurrence because you’re inheriting players who didn’t perform previously.

Pre-Transfer portal, it usually takes 4-5 years.

Ara and Urban and a few others are the rare exception

Winning early is a very rare occurrence because you’re inheriting players who didn’t perform previously.

Nonsense

More coaches have won NC's in 4 years or less than then those that took longer than 5 years.
Holtz, year 3 at ND
Saban year 4 at LSU, year 3 at Alabama
Orgeron year 3 at LSU
Carroll year 3 at USC
Fisher year 4 at FSU
Miles year 3 at LSU
Meyer year 2 at Florida, year 3 at OSU
Chizik year 2 at Auburn
Coker year 1 at Miami
Tressel year 2 at OSU
Jimmy Johnson year 4 at Miami

I think Kelly played Georgia twice (for a total of 8 quarters) and lost both games by a total point differential of -8.

That was with NDs talent.

Swap rosters and BK takes at least one of those games if not both.
Hypotheticals. If Meyer is coaching ND , ND takes both of those games and most likely wins a NC.

Reactions: theskibro
More coaches have won NC's in 4 years or less than then those that took longer than 5 years.
Holtz, year 3 at ND
Saban year 4 at LSU, year 3 at Alabama
Orgeron year 3 at LSU
Carroll year 3 at USC
Fisher year 4 at FSU
Miles year 3 at LSU
Meyer year 2 at Florida, year 3 at OSU
Chizik year 2 at Auburn
Coker year 1 at Miami
Tressel year 2 at OSU
Jimmy Johnson year 4 at Miami
So out of the hundreds and thousands of coaches you only found less than a dozen won in 4 years.

As I stated, it’s a rare occurrence and those coaches wouldn’t have been fired in year 4 had they not won a NC

So out of the hundreds and thousands of coaches you only found less than a dozen won in 4 years.

As I stated, it’s a rare occurrence and those coaches wouldn’t have been fired in year 4 had they not won a NC
Sorry, but I disagree.

yea, he can’t go Ten(10) years at LSU without some sort of championship! He must have a NC or SEC title (or a Dancin with the QB’s Crystal Ball Trophy)..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT