ADVERTISEMENT

The beginning of the end for purple face

So out of the hundreds and thousands of coaches you only found less than a dozen won in 4 years.

As I stated, it’s a rare occurrence and those coaches wouldn’t have been fired in year 4 had they not won a NC
There's only been 100 or so ap NCs. Those are the ones he mentioned.

What are you talking about thousands

Reactions: NDinNJ
Golson. It amazes me that posters like him are ND fans and that he walks among us. Wear protective gear

Reactions: Golson5
3-0
2-1
1-2
0-3

his options for next 4 games (ties ommited)

Jmo: 2-1 is the best he can hope for. 1-2 is most likely. Any LSU fans here that can take the fans temperature of these outcomes?

There's only been 100 or so ap NCs. Those are the ones he mentioned.

What are you talking about thousands
You’re an idiot, incapable of reading, the issue wasn’t about winning NC’s, it was about “winning early” as in won/loss records, NDinNJ cited NC’s, but that wasn’t the focus of the discussion, “winning early” as in a very good W/L record was.

Ego, thousands of coaches have been hired over 100 plus years of footbal.

Have someone with an iota of reading comprehension interpret the posts for you !

Golson. It amazes me that posters like him are ND fans and that he walks among us. Wear protective gear
Oh, so Golson5, who criticizes and tears down platyers and coaches is your idea of a true Notre Dame fan ?

It would be an interesting perspective if it wasn’t so moronic

You’re an idiot, incapable of reading, the issue wasn’t about winning NC’s, it was about “winning early” as in won/loss records, NDinNJ cited NC’s, but that wasn’t the focus of the discussion, “winning early” as in a very good W/L record was.

Ego, thousands of coaches have been hired over 100 plus years of footbal.

Have someone with an iota of reading comprehension interpret the posts for you !
Well theres a ton more than that.

He put championship winning coaches on the list for you

Moron

Oh, so Golson5, who criticizes and tears down platyers and coaches is your idea of a true Notre Dame fan ?

It would be an interesting perspective if it wasn’t so moronic
I dont tear down players or fans. I'm more positive than most but also a realist. Try it sometime

So out of the hundreds and thousands of coaches you only found less than a dozen won in 4 years.

As I stated, it’s a rare occurrence and those coaches wouldn’t have been fired in year 4 had they not won a NC
Since 2000, 13 coaches have won National Championships, 10 of those 13 did it in 4 years or less.
Only Smart, Dabo, and Mack Brown took longer than 4 years.
If we look at only the coaches that have won NC's, most have done it in 4 years or less. The outliers are the coaches that took longer than 4 years to win it all.

This is is what separates great/elite coaches from the good coaches. No one is saying BK isn't a good coach, he just can't beat the elites, he gets out coached EVERY TIME!

Last edited:
Brian Kelly couldn't maximize NDs potential as a program for sure but I think it had more to do with lack of talent (which he's responsible for) than the gameday planning/Xs & 0s of football coaching.
I call BS on that. ND has always had talent gaps vs elite programs of the time.
88 Miami was more talented than ND
93 FSU more talented than ND

Individuals on this board claim BK is a top 5-10 coach, and ND was a top 5-10 program during his tenure. If that's true than why is it the record vs top 5-10 teams is atrocious? He's not even at 40% winning percentage vs top 10 and less than 10% winning % vs top 5 teams.

No one is expecting him to win every game vs top 5-10 teams but to not even come close to 40-50% percent, is terrible. It's either coaching or ND was not a top 10 team. You can't have it both ways.

Reactions: theskibro
W&L’s aside! the highlight of-his career will always be his booty dance with those 2 recruits! He cannot top that for a low point!
Years ago Gene Shepard told a story of a kid going on stage to receive his high school diploma and he was not wearing pants under his gown! He turned and mooned the entire auditorium - Gene rightfully noted that nothing the kid does in his whole life can approach that moment!

That was my point, if he is garbage for 3 years he will be gone.

If they lose this week, 5 and 7 or 6 and 6 is a real possibility
It’s LSU and the SEC. There will be all sorts of dirt collected and they will have leverage to suggest he should accept a settlement and quietly move on.

I call BS on that. ND has always had talent gaps vs elite programs of the time.
88 Miami was more talented than ND
93 FSU more talented than ND

Individuals on this board claim BK is a top 5-10 coach, and ND was a top 5-10 program during his tenure. If that's true than why is it the record vs top 5-10 teams is atrocious? He's not even at 40% winning percentage vs top 10 and less than 10% winning % vs top 5 teams.

No one is expecting him to win every game vs top 5-10 teams but to not even come close to 40-50% percent, is terrible. It's either coaching or ND was not a top 10 team. You can't have it both ways.
88 and 93 ND are very bad examples. ND was hauling in #1 recruiting classes under Vinny Cerrato and even the Faust holdovers were some highly rated recruits. Those teams were loaded with NFL players, NFL all pros and even several NFL hall of fame inductees. Those were run first teams loaded with linemen and running backs that played on Sundays.

Reactions: BGI User 756

88 and 93 ND are very bad examples. ND was hauling in #1 recruiting classes under Vinny Cerrato and even the Faust holdovers were some highly rated recruits. Those teams were loaded with NFL players, NFL all pros and even several NFL hall of fame inductees. Those were run first teams loaded with linemen and running backs that played on Sundays.
So we're the 88 and 93 Miami and FSU teams. ND was getting points in both of those contests.

Since 2000, 13 coaches have won National Championships, 10 of those 13 did it in 4 years or less.
Only Smart, Dabo, and Mack Brown took longer than 4 years.
If we look at only the coaches that have won NC's, most have done it in 4 years or less. The outliers are the coaches that took longer than 4 years to win it all.

This is is what separates great/elite coaches from the good coaches. No one is saying BK isn't a good coach, he just can't beat the elites, he gets out coached EVERY TIME!
Given the hurdles inherent at ND, can any coach beat the elites ?

I have my doubts.

Reactions: chaseball
Well theres a ton more than that.

He put championship winning coaches on the list for you

Moron
And what’s the ratio of new coaches who win early compared to the number of new coaches who don’t win early.

Your ignorance knows no bounds !

I dont tear down players or fans. I'm more positive than most but also a realist. Try it sometime
“You don’t tear down players and coaches“ ?

You’re delusional !

And full of crap !

And what’s the ratio of new coaches who win early compared to the number of new coaches who don’t win early.

Your ignorance knows no bounds !
He said 10 of the 13 coaches who won NCs since 2000 have won it within their first 4 years.

Still having trouble reading Patricia?

Done with Brian Kelly. After Saturday I now resolve to not give him the even slightest place in my thoughts any longer. So my parting word is, ‘depart, I never knew you’.

He said 10 of the 13 coaches who won NCs since 2000 have won it within their first 4 years.

Still having trouble reading Patricia?
Have someone who knows how to read explain to you that football wasn’t invented in 2000.

You’re lucky that there isn’t a minimum IQ required in order to post on this site

Have someone who knows how to read explain to you that football wasn’t invented in 2000.

You’re lucky that there isn’t a minimum IQ required in order to post on this site
You were proved wrong again. No surprise

Tell us about the pylons, no chance of hiring MF, how coaches dont win within their first 4 years and your brilliant 2 point strategy again. I cant wait to hear your brilliance

You were proved wrong again. No surprise

Tell us about the pylons, no chance of hiring MF, how coaches dont win within their first 4 years and your brilliant 2 point strategy again. I cant wait to hear your brilliance
Citing less than a dozen coaches out of thousands is not proving your point. have someone who understands math explain that to you.

As to the pylon, you still haven’t provided an answer. Why is that ? Could it be that you don’t have the intellect and the knowledge to be able to provide the answer.
So tell us, how can a pylon that sits entirely out of bounds be deemed in bounds ?

Citing less than a dozen coaches out of thousands is not proving your point. have someone who understands math explain that to you.

As to the pylon, you still haven’t provided an answer. Why is that ? Could it be that you don’t have the intellect and the knowledge to be able to provide the answer.
So tell us, how can a pylon that sits entirely out of bounds be deemed in bounds ?
There's not thousands. He mentioned only championship coaches. How far do you think they went back pkaying football?

Read the rule book ! Dont ask me. Do the work yourself you lazy bum

There's not thousands. He mentioned only championship coaches. How far do you think they went back pkaying football?

Read the rule book ! Dont ask me. Do the work yourself you lazy bum
There are thousands of coaches who were not successful in their early years as the new head coach, that’s irrefutable.

I’ve read and am very familiar with the rule book.
I’ve asked you, on numerous occasions, how the pylon, which sits out of bounds, can be deemed entirely In bounds.

You’re such a fraud that rather than admit that you don’t know the answer, after my numerous requests for an explanation, you tell me to read the rule book.

You’re such a know nothing fraud !

There are thousands of coaches who were not successful in their early years as the new head coach, that’s irrefutable.

I’ve read and am very familiar with the rule book.
I’ve asked you, on numerous occasions, how the pylon, which sits out of bounds, can be deemed entirely In bounds.

You’re such a fraud that rather than admit that you don’t know the answer, after my numerous requests for an explanation, you tell me to read the rule book.

You’re such a know nothing fraud !
Thousands? Name them

Since it's irrefutable, it should be easy to name them

Agreed. Not a bad football coach but not great or elite. He’s never going to out coach anyone
Right. There wasn’t much creativity with his game plans. Or game plan? Seems they were always the same with an exceptional mid seasonal game that would feature a new play or a new player being emphasized.

Nah.

You said thousands. Prove it and backup your claims ! Don't just make stuff up without evidence you fraud

What I said was: “So out of the hundreds and thousands of coaches you only found less than a dozen won in 4 years”

That you’re so incredibly stupid as to not be aware that there have been thousand of coaches in college football since 1869 is not surprising. This just shows what a complete know nothing idiot you are.
Tell us again how you knew that Jamarcus Russell wouldn‘t make it in the NFL before he was drafted.

You’re a fraud

What I said was: “So out of the hundreds and thousands of coaches you only found less than a dozen won in 4 years”

That you’re so incredibly stupid as to not be aware that there have been thousand of coaches in college football since 1869 is not surprising. This just shows what a complete know nothing idiot you are.
Tell us again how you knew that Jamarcus Russell wouldn‘t make it in the NFL before he was drafted.

You’re a fraud
So prove it. Dont tell us a number and then not be able to back it up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT