ADVERTISEMENT

The beginning of the end for purple face

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Tough part of schedule coming up. Losing now by 20 to vols.
Life is good. Yes I dislike a guy who leaves in the dead of nite n doesn’t return Holtz’ letters

unabashedly no apologies

he could lose 5-6 games this year

Last edited:
Brian’s not a bad coach. He’s just not elite. And it shows in these games. I hope they come back and win though

and 6 games into BKs Notre Dame career he was 3-3, before eventually going on to win 55 of his last 60 games (or whatever) here.

Reactions: Pennick4
and all those playoff W’s and major bowl wins! let’s be fair to the guy!
Brian Kelly couldn't maximize NDs potential as a program for sure but I think it had more to do with lack of talent (which he's responsible for) than the gameday planning/Xs & 0s of football coaching.

Reactions: BGI User 756
even a blind squirrel will find a nut if he looks long enough, BK is still looking!

Brian Kelly couldn't maximize NDs potential as a program for sure but I think it had more to do with lack of talent (which he's responsible for) than the gameday planning/Xs & 0s of football coaching.
My biggest problem with him is that his offense is really a passing offense and he tried way too much to take guys who could run and make them throw. And too often they just weren’t good enough

Agreed. Not a bad football coach but not great or elite. He’s never going to out coach anyone
This comment won't age well.

BK will win a national title at LSU and have that program rocking within the next 3 years.

The talent out of that state is insane, BK has full support from LSU admins to win football games (sign the best coaches, upgrade facilities to stay competitive, etc.), he probably has unlimited NIL money for recruiting top 100 talent, he can oversign and greyshirt, and he can transfer in whoever the hell he wants to repair any immediate weaknesses on the roster.

It won't mean as much when he eventually wins it all at LSU, but he'll win big there.

This comment won't age well.

BK will win a national title at LSU and have that program rocking within the next 3 years.

The talent out of that state is insane, BK has full support from LSU admins to win football games, he probably has unlimited NIL money for recruiting superstars, he can oversign and greyshirt, and he can transfer in whoever the hell he wants to repair any immediate weaknesses on the roster.

It won't mean as much when he eventually wins it all at LSU, but he'll win big there.
He aint winning a NC at LSU 🤣🤣🤣

Maybe if Saban anr Kirby leave the sec but that is not happening

Other than Bama/Clemson, which teams did ND play and lose to that had more talent than ND?

no he didn’t - UGA played well enough to Win.
I think Kelly played Georgia twice (for a total of 8 quarters) and lost both games by a total point differential of -8.

That was with NDs talent.

Swap rosters and BK takes at least one of those games if not both.

LSU won a title 3 years ago with Burrow. I think they will be good again. Not this year. I don't root for Kelly, but I don't root against him either. I'm not sure I would bet money that Notre Dame will be better than LSU the next 5 years.

Reactions: 4-4-3
Typical Kelly call at the end to go for it on 4th. Should have punted and gone into half to make adjustments. I will say, he is typically a second half coach as we have all seen in the past. I suspect LSU will come out looking better for the next 30. But kudos as well to Tennessee. They don’t look bad.

Brian Kelly almost beat Kirby Smart twice with NDs talent/handicaps.
Georgia didnt have the talent they do now.

And we dont have handicaps

Kelly is more likely to be fired after 3 seasons then win a Title.

I think Kelly played Georgia twice (for a total of 8 quarters) and lost both games by a total point differential of -8.

That was with NDs talent.

Swap rosters and BK takes at least one of those games if not both.
We had plenty of talent

never argue with a child; they don’t know how to lose

This is the results you get when your guy can’t throw and theirs can. Daniels yet another runner in a passing offense

Tough part of schedule coming up. Losing now by 20 to vols.
Life is good. Yes I dislike a guy who leaves in the dead of nite n doesn’t return Holtz’ letters

unabashedly no apologies

he could lose 5-6 games this year
Yes!!!! My son and I are texting to a friend Whose an alum…love the fact the dancing bear with the phony accent is getting his ass kicked...for all the reasons you state.

wait till BK gets his kind of players in there! This loss is on Ed O.! 🤧🤥🤢🤫🫣😢🥵🥴👎

All I know is that when Kelly took the ND job the program was in total disarray. He made the program relevant again and left in 1000% better shape than it was in when he inherited it. For that I thank him.
That’s 100 % correct and I don’t think that a rational person disagrees with that.

But, I believe that the angst is rooted in the way Kelly chose to leave ND

LSU won’t be patient. Freeman gets 3 years no matter what. BK won’t. The too much pressure on coaches bs at ND is just that, bs.

Reactions: theskibro
All I know is that when Kelly took the ND job the program was in total disarray. He made the program relevant again and left in 1000% better shape than it was in when he inherited it. For that I thank him.
Well, you also know that he was Totally classless in the way he left.

Well, you also know that he was Totally classless in the way he left.
he gonna find out the true meaning of ‘burnt ends’ I bet he regrets leaving T Rees behind!

(he doesn’t have Dayne to kick around anymore!)

Last edited:
Not that level of talent. A few guys at best.
In 17 we had

Nelson, Mcglinchey, mustipher, Bars, Hainsey and Kraemer as our starting Ol

Every single one of them played in the nfl. 6 guys

Our TE room was Smythe, Mack, Wright and Kmet.

3 of them have played in the nfl and the other is still currently on a practice squad

Our wr room had Eq st brown, Claypool, Boykin, Mckinley

Those 3 have played in the nfl. 1 on current practice squad

Our RB room had Adams, Williams, Jones jr

Those 3 have played in the nfl

Our qb room had Book

Book played in the nfl

So thats 16 guys just from our offense who have played in the NFL. Thats not including our Defense who was also stacked with talent

We were loaded with talent in 2017.

Not a few guys at best, ridiculous

In 17 we had

Nelson, Mcglinchey, mustipher, Bars, Hainsey and Kraemer as our starting Ol

Every single one of them played in the nfl. 6 guys

Our TE room was Smythe, Mack, Wright and Kmet.

3 of them have played in the nfl and the other is still currently on a practice squad

Our wr room had Eq st brown, Claypool, Boykin, Mckinley

Those 3 have played in the nfl. 1 on current practice squad

Our RB room had Adams, Williams, Jones jr

Those 3 have played in the nfl

Our qb room had Book

Book played in the nfl

So thats 16 guys just from our offense who have played in the NFL. Thats not including our Defense who was also stacked with talent

We were loaded with talent in 2017.

Not a few guys at best, ridiculous

247 team talent composite ranking by year (you know, since there are 85 players on an FBS roster):
2017: ND #10, UGA #4
2019: ND #14, UGA #3

UGA had 14 5-star players on their roster by 2019, ND had 1.

No this is flat out wrong. He was consistently out schemed

No this is flat out wrong. He was consistently out schemed
During the latter half of his ND tenure, he was "consistently outschemed" by programs with way deeper rosters and much higher end talent.

247 team talent composite ranking by year (you know, since there are 85 players on an FBS roster):

I will judge by Golson analysis of who played in nfl not your star rankings

That is recruiting rankings. We had players in the league. That's the ultimate talent evaluation.

You do understand that right? In 2017 at home, we should have won that game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT