ADVERTISEMENT

Trash FB team losing to an even trashier FB team

Dec 29, 2005
For ND to field a team that is losing 10-0 at home, at halftime to a 1-4 team (Stanford) is atrocious. Stanford is giving up 500 yards a game and 37.5 points in their four game losing streak, absolutely embarrassing that ND csnt

The level of play is abysmal, the OL playing like garbage and a team full of 3rd string/walk-on QBs. A HC and OC that don’t know their ass from their elbows.

Even if ND pulls out a comeback, they are still horrible. I know some will say “you’re not a fan”, “go root for someone else.”, etc.. I wish I could, I really do, so watching this ineptitude wouldn’t make me so pisseed.

After watching UT Vs Bama, TCU Vs OSU, it’s obvious it’s hard to be competitive without solid QB play, and ours is probably in the bottom quarter of Power 5 football. Hell, there are a lot of G5 teams with far better QB situations.

If I hate anything about Brian Kelly it’s the way he left the QB room at ND. He recruited it shitty and left it envelope shittier.

rant over..

Stop blaming Rees. The head coach literally doesn’t even know what he’s doing. You can’t fix this without changing him
Actually. You are right. After the game Freeman said Rees is doing an excellent job. So whoever believes that is seriously flawed. What is Urban Meyers phone number? I will call him myself if need be.

I think the focus on the individual offensive plays is kind of ridiculous because we all know when the plays work we say he's calling a great game, but when they don't work he's a bum.

The problem I see is more an overall level of ineptitude. We come out and get a penalty on the first play at home. That screws up the first series. Then it just seems to snowball. Why can't we shake it off?

The offensive line goes through stretches where it can't block a paper bag. Then they go through stretches where they are road graders. The backs are often incapable of breaking a tackle but then look like bulldozers for a series or two. Wide receivers can't seem to get open, and QB doesn't see them when they are open.

It's just an overwhelming sense of blah, crappy football, and to me that's just lousy coaching from the top down.

this is not on TR, he called a great game! MF had the defense ready! back to back games against inferior opponents is a tough grind

I think the focus on the individual offensive plays is kind of ridiculous because we all know when the plays work we say he's calling a great game, but when they don't work he's a bum.

The problem I see is more an overall level of ineptitude. We come out and get a penalty on the first play at home. That screws up the first series. Then it just seems to snowball. Why can't we shake it off?

The offensive line goes through stretches where it can't block a paper bag. Then they go through stretches where they are road graders. The backs are often incapable of breaking a tackle but then look like bulldozers for a series or two. Wide receivers can't seem to get open, and QB doesn't see them when they are open.

It's just an overwhelming sense of blah, crappy football, and to me that's just lousy coaching from the top down.
The Captain gets the penalty no less.

For ND to field a team that is losing 10-0 at home, at halftime to a 1-4 team (Stanford) is atrocious. Stanford is giving up 500 yards a game and 37.5 points in their four game losing streak, absolutely embarrassing that ND csnt

The level of play is abysmal, the OL playing like garbage and a team full of 3rd string/walk-on QBs. A HC and OC that don’t know their ass from their elbows.

Even if ND pulls out a comeback, they are still horrible. I know some will say “you’re not a fan”, “go root for someone else.”, etc.. I wish I could, I really do, so watching this ineptitude wouldn’t make me so pisseed.

After watching UT Vs Bama, TCU Vs OSU, it’s obvious it’s hard to be competitive without solid QB play, and ours is probably in the bottom quarter of Power 5 football. Hell, there are a lot of G5 teams with far better QB situations.

If I hate anything about Brian Kelly it’s the way he left the QB room at ND. He recruited it shitty and left it envelope shittier.

rant over..
BK and the QB...

12 year

M
E
S
S

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT