ADVERTISEMENT

A new offense......take a damn chance

A passing play called on 3rd and 12 with all receivers running a route 10 yards or less is a coach problem.
The above statement is disingenuous and intellectually dishonest !
You are a liar if you are stating that you know that such a play was called.

However, if the DB’s are playing soft, giving the wr’s an ample buffer, hitting a quick 10 yard pass with the intent of the WR getting 3+ YAC isn’t a bad strategy and it’s done often in college and NFL games, but you wouldn’t know that.

Your premise is both disingenuous and intellectually dishonest because it predisposes the answer you want. The premise has a predetermined conclusion

If they're supposed to run a deeper route then why didn't they get the message?
That’s easy to answer, because the “player” screwed up.
When the play was called in the huddle, and that play called for the WR to go deep, and he cut his route off at 10 yards, that’s on the player and only the player, not the coach. It happens all the time, that’s why players are graded.

If they did get the message and just simply ignored the instructions then you replace that receiver with one who will follow instructions.
NO, you don’t, you idiot, you keep your most talented player on the field.
Players make mistakes.
And you, the idiot that you are, would pull every player off the field when they make a mistake.
As I previously stated, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL

Either way that's on the coach.
NO, It’s on the player, you’re just too obtuse to know it

tell Brian Kelly he's starting or else?

You want to blame Kelly for everything, irrespective of whether or not he made a mistake.
You lack the ability to discern and you really don’t know much about football, despite your claims to the contrary.

Brian Kelly had two undefeated seasons, his bowl game losses occurred in the following year

i explained why the coaches are there, didn’t you read my reply, I “bolded” it for you.
why are you asking a question that was previously answered ?

By inherent definition, When players play poorly, when they don’t execute, that’s on the player, not the coach.
You admitted that when you said that Saban wasn’t responsible for Alabama’s success, that it was the players proper execution that was responsible for Alabama’s success.

if Kelly was such a bad coach, especially of the OLine how do you account for the great ND OLine players in the NFL.

As I previously stated, I was critical of Kelly long before you even knew that there were cracks in the armor and flaws.

WHY have you failed to answer my question about Irv Smith Jr. ?
I’ve asked you that question at least 3 times.
So WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING IT ?

Lastly, you have a lofty opinion of yourself and your football knowledge, when in fact you know very litlle about football.

But, you’re entitled to your opinion no matter how foolish or lacking in facts it may be.
So post season doesn't count as a season's finale?

Alrighty then.

Sorry but no matter how much you want to defend the indefensible Brian Kelly never had an undefeated season!!!

Never!!!!

Matter of fact the last undefeated season at our beloved was 1988

The Oline...
Football is a team sport.
#1 those players were getting drafted regardless.
Don't act like Brian Kelly took the worst line players in the world and turned them into Bill Fralic.

Even with Sunday talent...hell even on one side of the line...yet in the biggest of games our rushing stats were poor.

Are you suggesting Quentin Nelson and McGlinchey decided to short arm it those games? Was that their fault we couldn't run for shit in those top games?
Facing Georgia of that year we ran 37 times for 55 yards.

Later on facing Miami...
36 carries for 109 yards
Take away Dexter's 3 carries for 26 yards
That's 33 carries for 86 yards

Those were the two toughest games all season and those "BK NFL STUDS on the OLINE"
(both on the same side)
Couldn't muster any more yardage on the ground?

Now according to you the coaches couldn't have done anything differently and it was all on the players.

Ridiculous!!!

Reactions: IrishHerb
First of all this Saban theme like he's a messiah is nonsense.

Look at his track record prior his cup of coffee in the Bayou....then his even shorter cup of coffee in the NFL...

He struck gold in Alabama and once you get into a groove like that it's just plug and play. Players leavr and you just plug new ones equally as good right in.
It's a system...

One example that never gets mentioned is Saban doesn't do self inflicting damage....
In other words if you beat him you really earn it.
Like Belichick in the NFL...you beat them by playing perfect.
They give you nothing.
That's half the battle...

It's the little things that might seem remedial to a player or outsiders but it all adds up in the end to mistake free football. Practicing a silent count a 100 times and then 100 more just because nobody...no matter who might substitute in (everyone is an injury away from entering the game)then the substitute doesn't false start...

Brian Kelly could never understand this concept.
7 false starts in Georgia...
After the second one a good coach would call timeout and say this is what we're doing....get on the same damn page.
Nope....he'd rather commit 7 false starts to save a timeout to use in deciding go for a 4th and 2 or kick a FG before half.

As far as only remebering the good ones...??? Uuhh what?

I was merely replying to your statement of....
"Harbaugh found out what Bulemia and every other coach who tried to revive the 1980s offenses had already learned; it doesn't work. Defenses are good enough to stop the run when they know it is coming"

As I said....when you do something that you're extremely good at it doesn't matter if they know it's coming.
Defenses in the 80's did know it was coming. Plus they were built to stop the run. A select few coaches I mentioned could overcome that.

Today nobody is built to stop power football. True power football. Why would they? Nobody is running it.

Why aren't they? Exactly as I said.
You can lose running the spread and that's ok....
You lose running power football it's because you're not running the spread and dismissal immediately.

I say again someone will come along some place and get the right material, a long enough leash to instill the structure, and will absolutely run rough shod through the opponents.
Maybe, but the most effective way to score is to pass the ball.

many of the 20th century legacy programs used run first strategy because they could not rely on a good qb every couple of years. Bobby Bowden even said something like 'why pass first? you are only good every other year.'

Now the size of the football field has not changed, but the total number of qb recruits who can throw across it certainly has.
Right. Lenzy has proven he belongs on the field. He's a phenom.
Is it Lenzy or Styles who simply can't catch? Someone keeps dropping our occasional deep ball.

The above statement is disingenuous and intellectually dishonest !
You are a liar if you are stating that you know that such a play was called.

However, if the DB’s are playing soft, giving the wr’s an ample buffer, hitting a quick 10 yard pass with the intent of the WR getting 3+ YAC isn’t a bad strategy and it’s done often in college and NFL games, but you wouldn’t know that.

Your premise is both disingenuous and intellectually dishonest because it predisposes the answer you want. The premise has a predetermined conclusion

That’s easy to answer, because the “player” screwed up.
When the play was called in the huddle, and that play called for the WR to go deep, and he cut his route off at 10 yards, that’s on the player and only the player, not the coach. It happens all the time, that’s why players are graded.

NO, you don’t, you idiot, you keep your most talented player on the field.
Players make mistakes.
And you, the idiot that you are, would pull every player off the field when they make a mistake.
As I previously stated, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL

NO, It’s on the player, you’re just too obtuse to know it

tell Brian Kelly he's starting or else?

You want to blame Kelly for everything, irrespective of whether or not he made a mistake.
You lack the ability to discern and you really don’t know much about football, despite your claims to the contrary.
Who the **** set the depth chart? Brandon Wimbush?
He demanded to start over and over or else?

Yes...I've seen countless of pass plays under Kelly and now Rees that not one single player is running a route to the sticks....
Minus a decoy...
You do understand there are decoys in plays that are intended to run defenders off with no intention of getting thrown the ball .
You do understand that right?

Reading your posts you sound like a spoiled child claiming undefeated seasons and such
Good lord.

If a player runs a wrong route...that's on the player.

If a RB hits the wrong hole or doesn't run to daylight that's on the player.

If a receiver drops a pass..that's on the player

If the collective rushing stats are 33 for 67 yards...
Thats a coach issue.

If the majority of completions are 3 yard curl routes that's a coach issue

If you have 118 yards in a half that's a coach issue

If a line isn't on a collective page as one unit that's a coach issue

If a player gets beat and the QB got pressured it's a player issue.

If it happens repeatedly it's a coach issue for not making adjustments/double team etc..

Brian Kelly gets blamed for what Brian Kelly is responsible for.

Nobody made Wimbush start for 15 games too long but Brian Kelly

Nobody handled the QB mess of the last 12 years but Brian Kelly.

Nobody left out getting explosive perimeter players in recruiting but Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly also never had an undefeated season. Never.

Who the **** set the depth chart? Brandon Wimbush?
He demanded to start over and over or else?
So now you’re reverting back to Kelly since you lost the argument on Freeman.
How did Winbush do against a ranked Michigan team ?

Yes...I've seen countless of pass plays under Kelly and now Rees that not one single player is running a route to the sticks....
Minus a decoy...
Cite the plays using the game clock
You do understand there are decoys in plays that are intended to run defenders off with no intention of getting thrown the ball .
You do understand that right?
That’s not true, eligible receivers, including what you call “decoys” are always an option if others are covered
Reading your posts you sound like a spoiled child claiming undefeated seasons and such
Good lord.
Kelly went undefeated 12-0 twice, your denial of such just shows what a “football illiterate” you are
If a player runs a wrong route...that's on the player.

If a RB hits the wrong hole or doesn't run to daylight that's on the player.

If a receiver drops a pass..that's on the player

If the collective rushing stats are 33 for 67 yards...
Thats a coach issue.
You are beyond stupid. You just admitted 3 things that are on the player, probably not understanding that there are more causes for failure to execute. But, if the players repeat those failures to execute, you make the absurd conclusion that the individual player failures, when repeated, are the coaches fault. You know NOTHING about football.
If the majority of completions are 3 yard curl routes that's a coach issue
But they aren’t you moron, just look at the yards per attempt stats.
7.8 yards per attempt
13.5 yards per completion

You’re a total moron, you create a false narrative and then use statistics that you make up to justify your position.

You LIE, but the numbers don’t lie.
7.8 YPA
13.5 YPC

YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBAL

If you have 118 yards in a half that's a coach issue
NO, It’s NOT, it’s the players failure to execute in combination with TOP
If a line isn't on a collective page as one unit that's a coach issue
NO, It’s NOT, it’s on the players, they’re the only ones on the field
If a player gets beat and the QB got pressured it's a player issue.

If it happens repeatedly it's a coach issue for not making adjustments/double team etc..
You just talk to hear yourself talk, you know nothing about football
Brian Kelly gets blamed for what Brian Kelly is responsible for.

Nobody made Wimbush start for 15 games too long but Brian Kelly

Nobody handled the QB mess of the last 12 years but Brian Kelly.
Kizer was an NFL QB, selected in his Junior year
Nobody left out getting explosive perimeter players in recruiting but Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly also never had an undefeated season. Never.
12-0 is an undefeated season, have someone who knows football explain that to you !
How many games were on ND’s schedule those two years ? …….. 12

So post season doesn't count as a season's finale?
NO, because “post season“ is just that, it’s outside of the regular season, it’s unscheduled and it’s not guaranteed to be played
Alrighty then.

Sorry but no matter how much you want to defend the indefensible Brian Kelly never had an undefeated season!!!
And you never had a brain !
Never!!!!

Matter of fact the last undefeated season at our beloved was 1988

The Oline...
Football is a team sport.
#1 those players were getting drafted regardless.
Oh, so now coaching doesn’t matter ?
They just came from high school and had a direct, uninterrupted path/pass into the NFL.
You’re a moron

Don't act like Brian Kelly took the worst line players in the world and turned them into Bill Fralic.

Oh, so now we recruit the worst line players at ND ?
You’re an idiot

Even with Sunday talent...hell even on one side of the line...yet in the biggest of games our rushing stats were poor.

Did you ever consider that maybe, just maybe the other team was that much better ?

Are you suggesting Quentin Nelson and McGlinchey decided to short arm it those games? Was that their fault we couldn't run for shit in those top games?
Facing Georgia of that year we ran 37 times for 55 yards.

Are you going to blame the poor result on the coach or did the opponent play a role ?

Later on facing Miami...
36 carries for 109 yards
Take away Dexter's 3 carries for 26 yards
That's 33 carries for 86 yards

Those were the two toughest games all season and those "BK NFL STUDS on the OLINE"
(both on the same side)
Couldn't muster any more yardage on the ground?

What was the other team doing ?

Now according to you the coaches couldn't have done anything differently and it was all on the players.

Since you know so much, tell us, what should the coaches have done differently ?
And then tell us, as a percentage, what we’re the odds of success.

YOU KNOW MOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL

YOU JUST LIKE TO BAY AT THE MOON !

Ridiculous!!!

I'm waiting to see. If we do, he should come up with something, not stick with what everybody else is doing.
I think we're ALL waiting to see.

Personally, I have my doubts.

Maybe, but the most effective way to score is to pass the ball.

many of the 20th century legacy programs used run first strategy because they could not rely on a good qb every couple of years. Bobby Bowden even said something like 'why pass first? you are only good every other year.'

Now the size of the football field has not changed, but the total number of qb recruits who can throw across it certainly has.

Is it Lenzy or Styles who simply can't catch? Someone keeps dropping our occasional deep ball.
Present day I completely agree.

If you noticed I've said for quite awhile we HAVE to throw the ball down the field. We MUST get big plays in the passing game.

3 yard curl routes and an occasional back shoulder sideline pass will give us exactly what we've had the last dozen years.

The problem is we have no identity.

The ultimate goal is balance but we won't get there "trying" to be balanced.
We need to pick one style and specialize in that and the work off of that to become more balanced.

Run heavy real power football or be pass happy and have an aerial show....
Become extremely good at one or the other then work in the other to eventually bring balance.

I think we'd be a tougher opponent if we had 5 star running backs and really committed to a power running game then trying to be balanced with slightly above average players.

If we went pass happy would it bring the receivers?
Perhaps not as we still suck at QB but it wouldn't hurt if we tossed the ball 40 plus times. ( not what Im lobbying for )
It certainly helped OSU get elite receivers. They were always a run heavy team then Haskins showed up and threw it everywhere. Now every top flight receiver wants to be in Columbus.

Either way something has to change.
This cowardly approach to offense will never win anything against top opponents.

Reactions: tbonesays
Ssshhhh...
It's Merriweather's fault apparently for not being noticed...
Meanwhile, Clemson trotted out 2 Freshman WR's today, and Michiganis playing one as well.

The difference with great coaches is they will let their young, more talented see the field. I'm tired of this BK mentality of sitting the young guys on national they are perfect. It's BS especially when you have the upper class man making dumb mistakes.

Meanwhile, Clemson trotted out 2 Freshman WR's today, and Michiganis playing one as well.

The difference with great coaches is they will let their young, more talented see the field. I'm tired of this BK mentality of sitting the young guys on national they are perfect. It's BS especially when you have the upper class man making dumb mistakes.
That's just it...

Ironically notice over the years freshman have played on defense but on offense tenure supersedes talent.

Reactions: NDinNJ

Good coaches find ways to get the talent involved. You recruited them...they have an elite ability...yet we waste it until they put in the time.

I'm not suggesting they start and play every down but you have to get them involved.

#1 God forbid we get a big play...

#2 it keeps them highly interested and today with the star trek portal you better wet their appetite

#3 it recruits itself
The elite receiver being recruited notices that freshmen if good enough get involved.
Win win win for recruiting

Oh well

That's just it...

Ironically notice over the years freshman have played on defense but on offense tenure supersedes talent.
Yeah, coaches like to keep their best players on the bench.

You know nothing about football !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT