ADVERTISEMENT

How good, really, is Sam Hartman?

Do you really think that the thousands of players playing college football have no love for the game, no competitive blood flowing through their veins ?

Of the hundreds or thousands of players, how many high draft choices have been injured in bowl games in the last ten years ?

Your 1st paragraph is a straw man.

🙂

ALL these athletes are competitive. Even the ones who at the end mitigate even small risk by forgoing bowl games. A top player might not want to be that small statistic.

Reactions: DublinND
Your 1st paragraph is a straw man.

🙂

ALL these athletes are competitive. Even the ones who at the end mitigate even small risk by forgoing bowl games. A top player might not want to be that small statistic.
So when they make it to the NFL will they quit on their team when they don’t make the playoffs ?

So when they make it to the NFL will they quit on their team when they don’t make the playoffs ?

They’ve already made it to the promised land and have no choice. Play or be fired.

Obviously college football has no such leverage. They’re making enough money. And long ago sold their souls on the altar of capitalism.

They’ve already made it to the promised land and have no choice. Play or be fired.

Obviously college football has no such leverage. They’re making enough money. And long ago sold their souls on the altar of capitalism.
No, no, no, not so fast my friend, quitting on your team isn’t limited to not playing, it also encompasses not putting forth your best effort.

Since when is playing a sport you love and getting paid for it “selling your soul for capitalism“ ?

Is that what PGA Tour golfers do ?

How about professional tennis players and professional bowlers ?

Reactions: NDinNJ
Right now, who is ranked higher when ranking the top players in CFB? It’s Hartman but he’s not elite and Mitchell is? Oh I got this one pinned and you can carry bag at Cypress next year
Hartman will be falling down the draft board like a rock. I double down on Evans being the better player

Hartman will be falling down the draft board like a rock. I double down on Evans being the better player
Now? No chance. Next year, future likely. Double down on Brandon Joseph running a sub 4.5 while you’re at it..and Hart being better than BMo

Not a Hartman guy, lobbied for Buchner to stay/develop but he is a likeable cat. I cursed him all game but 1/ play calling was garbage 2/ OLine miserable 3/ was anybody actually open? Was he missing open guys? 4/ Elite RB ran for 5 yards in the second half.

i need to rewatch it. It feels like Sam was our leading rusher. The line was pathetic the second half. Sam missed some throws he needed to make to be “the guy” and Parker made some bad calls.

The D as always kept us in there. The WR and TE’s where non-existent and Tyree had a bad game.

In the end, it came down to those TO’s but we had the chances. Not like it was a blow out.

i need to rewatch it. It feels like Sam was our leading rusher. The line was pathetic the second half. Sam missed some throws he needed to make to be “the guy” and Parker made some bad calls.

The D as always kept us in there. The WR and TE’s where non-existent and Tyree had a bad game.

In the end, it came down to those TO’s but we had the chances. Not like it was a blow out.
Testament to ND having an awful game and still being in to the end.. also a testament to Clemson not being great (not sure anybody is this year) but a great team would have stomped on NDs throat and won by 24

Now? No chance. Next year, future likely. Double down on Brandon Joseph running a sub 4.5 while you’re at it..and Hart being better than BMo
I didn't say he was better. I said he was having a better year. Learn how to read. I also never said sub 4.5.

Now no shit. He has a torn acl. I'm a better TE than him right now. This season, hell yeah he's better than Hartman. Hartman is playing like a guy who is close to being benched. Evans was playing like a top 3 TE in the country

It's not even a debate anymore. Not close

I didn't say he was better. I said he was having a better year. Learn how to read.

Now no shit. He has a torn acl. I'm a better TE than him right now. This season, hell yeah he's better than Hartman. Hartman is playing like a guy who is close to being benched. Evans was playing like a top 3 TE in the country

Sam Hartman had zero help today in the second half from your "elite..." running back, and plays with a WR group that is average at best.

For you to consistently point at only Sam Hartman for what troubles this lousy offense is disingenuous.

Sam Hartman had zero help today in the second half from your "elite..." running back, and plays with a WR group that is average at best.

For you to consistently point at only Sam Hartman for what troubles this lousy offense is disingenuous.
👍👍👍

I've said multiple multiple times are WRs are below average, and we have a QB and OC problem. You don't recall that because you know..... dementia

QB, Wrs, OC. All 3 are huge problems

I didn't say he was better. I said he was having a better year. Learn how to read. I also never said sub 4.5.

Pat is that you?

I've said multiple multiple times are WRs are below average, and we have a QB and OC problem. You don't recall that because you know..... dementia

QB, Wrs, OC. All 3 are huge problems
Well, all I have read from you is Sam Hartman.

Notre Dame could do a lot worse than Sam Hartman.
Agreed. And a lot better. He's similar to a lot of QBs we've had recently. Book Sam Coan Pyne etc etc. We could do worse than any of those guys but also could do better than all those guys

Just average QBs

Do you think that ND only going 44 yards against “better competition“ had any impact on Hartman’s performance ?

Do you think that the OLines failure to provide adequate protection against “better competition” has any impact on Hartman’s performance ?

What do you think of the body of Hartman’s work, the totality as represented by his statistics as a college QB ?
Sam hartman is 0-6 vs Clemson. That's all anyone needs to know. He's an average QB, can beat inferior competition, but gets flustered and makes mistakes when playing against equal or better talent.

I think both book & Hartman are good enough to win titles if you put them on teams that book’s teams lost to & the ‘12 CG. And, no doubt, evans is an elite college TE. I watched him play. 😉
No way. Clemson won with Watson and Lawrence. Book and Hartman can't come close to their talent level.

Reactions: Golson5
“No way. Clemson won with Watson and Lawrence. Book and Hartman can't come close to their talent level.”

I didn’t say they had Lawrence or Watson’s “talent level”, I said they could’ve won titles w/ those teams, which they would’ve had they played for those teams.

Sam hartman is 0-6 vs Clemson. That's all anyone needs to know. He's an average QB, can beat inferior competition, but gets flustered and makes mistakes when playing against equal or better talent.
His stats speak for themselves

Stats only go so far. Winning matters. How you play against equal or better competition matters.

Happy Thanksgiving, hope you had a great one!!
You forget that football is a team sport and that the QB is largely dependent on 10 other guys, just ask Dan Marino.

Stats only go so far. Winning matters. How you play against equal or better competition matters.

Happy Thanksgiving, hope you had a great one!!
I did, and I hope that you also had a great Thanksgiving with your family and friends.

You have had many stupid posts but that is right up there as the dumbest

A top QB at Vanderbilt vs Clemson or Alabama. BUT you claim that QB should beat them.

Idiot

Reactions: bizzybecknd
You have had many stupid posts but that is right up there as the dumbest

A top QB at Vanderbilt vs Clemson or Alabama. BUT you claim that QB should beat them.

Idiot
The reality is, in 2023, Sam Hartman UNDERPERFORMED with BETTER TALENT.

I can't help that you are too stupid to see it.

Wake Forest was 0-5 against Clemson.

Wake is equal to BYU, Arizona- not on the same playing field as Clemson. Remind me Wakes recruiting rankings vs Clemson and why they should win?
I said he played at Wake, not Vanderbilt.

Why are you asking me about their recruiting rankings? Do the research for yourself

And giving him no blame is disingenuous.

The 3 weak competition games he was really good.

The tougher games he has been okay
Parker. Parker crapped bed 3 times. Louisville, Duke, Clemson and if u want y can throw in OSu by not running Estime last series

Hartman was handcuffed.

Reactions: francade
Parker. Parker crapped bed 3 times. Louisville, Duke, Clemson and if u want y can throw in OSu by not running Estime last series

Hartman was handcuffed.
There was a good reason that Estime was taken out. The next two play calls were designed for Love and Price. He wasn’t taken out just for the sake of it. Often times the running back is only as good as the blocking. The play before when he gained the first down was well blocked and thus resulted in a first down. The first play of the game with Estime in? The play was not well blocked and Estime was tackled for no gain or a loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT