ADVERTISEMENT

How do you prepare for the College Football season?

I read articles on the fine art of guerilla marketing.

I watch games from previous seasons (winning games) every day especially Lou Holtz.

I watch games from previous seasons (winning games) every saturday all summer. You tube is a great source.
Yes! I over analyze and watch each play like 10 times because you can use the 10 second rewind and fast forward options. Let's me see exactly how well a play was blocked or if someone missed the hole on a run or wvu missed a block

"A really good high school coach could win at Notre Dame"? Well my friend, ND did indeed hire a real good HS coach and he didn't win at ND. He did elevate the Irish to #1 in the land for one full week though.

"A really good high school coach could win at Notre Dame"? Well my friend, ND did indeed hire a real good HS coach and he didn't win at ND. He did elevate the Irish to #1 in the land for one full week though.
I still remember how furious my father was at that hire... good news is, relating to today, people thought during the Faust era ND was done for good and could never win again. That makes me confident we will see bright days again.

being an official at the HS and collegiate level, I get ready by watching film and getting back in the rules books and interpretations. While this is a year round endeavor, it gets into high gear around the beginning of June.

Reactions: Ara64 and echowaker

"He did elevate the Irish to #1 in the land for one full week though."

Something that Weis, Tyrone and Davie never accomplished!

Lou had them there, and even Kelly had the Irish @ #1 for a small period!

In 2012, BK had the Irish as #1 in the BCS and #1 in the GSR at the same time. I believe he is the only one to accomplish that but I'm not 100% sure.

"He did elevate the Irish to #1 in the land for one full week though."

Something that Weis, Tyrone and Davie never accomplished!

Lou had them there, and even Kelly had the Irish @ #1 for a small period!

ND was #1 under Kelly for 6 weeks. (Late November to early January).

I believe ND opened 1997 as #2 at home vs GT in Davie’s first game? Barely won, then got blown out by Purdue.

If you notice I made that statement two years before Ara retired at the close of the 1974 season. I made it in frustration after ND's meltdown against USC 45-23 and Nebraska's 40-6 win in the Orange Bowl. One year (1973) later I celebrated Ara's second NC team and one year (1974) later he broke my heart. Jerry Faust did prove me wrong. Too bad; he loved ND so much. They should have gone after Lou Holtz in 1980. Oh well-it is what it is...
Where was Lou in 80? Arkansas?

With the exception of 2016 ND has made deep runs toward the college football playoffs each year.

giphy.gif

Really? 2014 ND began 7-1 before being eliminated in the 8th game against Arizona State in the 8th game. ND had victory snatched from Florida State by the refs, and the defense was decimated by injury by season's end. ND got several defensive players back and rebound for a nice win against LSU.
2015 ND was eliminated by Stanford in the last game of the season.
2016 ND went to hell and back before Kelly totally rebuilt the coaching staff.
2017 Sat. November 11th Miami. Went to Miami number 3 and was eliminated by Miami. Stanford finished off a promising year. Again ND rebound for a sweet win over LSU.
I say again ND, in the college football playoff era, has made some nice runs into November. We'll see what happens in 2018. Finish the MISSION lads and answer the question... Can a 12-0 or 11-1 ND team get into the playoffs? I say a definiant YES on 12-0; but 11-1 I've got to see it before I believe it.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:!!!!!!!

2014 was about halfway to deep. Did you cut off the time period somewhere above? I thought you were talking about all of BK's tenure.

I'm like echo now. I play golf until the first game of the season, then turn on my TV.

One week before the season starts, I have the entire run of the TV show “My Mother the Car” on CD.
I watch every episode and it gets me ready for the season.

You guys lost half the board with the "My Mother, The Car" and Jerry Van Dyke references.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT