ADVERTISEMENT

Ga barely escapes

Kentucky is a bit like us this year in terms of not having a QB that can throw the ball. If they'd had that tonight they would've won. The defense played their heart out but the offense gave them no help.

Reactions: BGI User 756
13-12 over Kentucky. Makes me feel just a tiny bit better about last week.
UGA the last four-five seasons has had one very close game with a non top 25 SEC team USC, Auburn, UK, Mizzou, then they get back on track and blow teams doors off.

UGA has won 41 straight regular season games!! That’s insane, and I believe they’ll lose one maybe two this season, as all streaks are broken.

They are @ Bama @ Texas, @ Ole Miss and home to Tennessee that’s pretty difficult.

Reactions: NDinNJ
I will never forgive that loss to NIU. Worst loss I’ve seen in my 40 years watching ND. Especially being ranked #5.
Only thing that would take the sting out is a Natty this year and we all know that isn’t happening.
Worse loss than '78 season opening three-nothing loss against Missouri? Defending National Champions (us), ranked #5 preseason (coincidence? I think not), Joe Montana at starting QB, Missou coming off a 4-7 season?

It's all kinda relative, eh?

I live in the real world not some fantasy land
nothing is perfect
Yes and there is no excuse for a team as talented as ND to lose to a MAC team at HOME. We've been told this team is a championship caliber team, Riley Leonard is a dynamic QB with a strong, accurate arm, who is mobile.

Also Kentucky is an SEC team, you are comparing apples to oranges.

Yes and there is no excuse for a team as talented as ND to lose to a MAC team at HOME. We've been told this team is a championship caliber team, Riley Leonard is a dynamic QB with a strong, accurate arm, who is mobile.

I don't remember reading "accurate"....

Reactions: burmafrd1943
Worse loss than '78 season opening three-nothing loss against Missouri? Defending National Champions (us), ranked #5 preseason (coincidence? I think not), Joe Montana at starting QB, Missou coming off a 4-7 season?

It's all kinda relative, eh?
Absolutely worse than 1978. Missouri was not a MAC team, Missouri went on to finish 8-4, ranked 15th in the final AP poll and beat #2 Nebraska at Nebraska

Absolutely worse than 1978. Missouri was not a MAC team, Missouri went on to finish 8-4, ranked 15th in the final AP poll and beat #2 Nebraska at Nebraska
True enough about Missou...but no way in hell that team should have been shut out with the offensive firepower they had...'course Missou did it to them in '72 as well, so they should have been prepared

and purdue is in the big ten.
there are lousy teams in all conferences but you seem unable to grasp that fact

Georgia did not look good, but they did what good teams do and survived an off night in a hostile SEC environment. Alabama does look better at the moment.

Georgia did not look good, but they did what good teams do and survived and off night in a hostile SEC environment. Alabama does look better at the moment.
Milroe really had a top game and that was why they stomped on Wisconsin.
New coach is starting out well at bama but we will see when it comes to the playoffs

Reactions: christophero
Good comments putting the GA game in proper context: elite teams find a way to win in all situations...especially the easier games.

Freeman let us down in this. Currently doesn't have what it takes to make us that. Learning on the job, to say the least.

I still love, root for, and will follow ND. But games like GA remind me of what the Irish once were. To my memories of my youth and Lou Holtz...when ND football used to mean something, with an appropriate culture in ND leadership driving it.

As I keep being told by some alumni here, I need to make do with the new normal about academic elitism. ND cannot possibly compromise, like the likes of GA do. I get it.

Milroe really had a top game and that was why they stomped on Wisconsin.
New coach is starting out well at bama but we will see when it comes to the playoffs
Wisconsin is also lacking speed in their skilled positions and depth. The last 3-4 years of Paul Chryst's recruiting was not very good. They are going to struggle to keep their 22 game bowl streak alive. I think they are heading for 5-7 this year.

Wisconsin is also lacking speed in their skilled positions and depth. The last 3-4 years of Paul Chryst's recruiting was not very good. They are going to struggle to keep their 22 game bowl streak alive. I think they are heading for 5-7 this year.
His last 2 years were not very good, not terrible also. 20 and 21 classes were good.

22 and 23 were average. 24s class was Fickells. 21 and 20 classes were good

It looked like 50% of the Wisconsin home crowd had left by the middle of the fourth quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT