ADVERTISEMENT

didnt see a game thread

Kelly’s ineptitude at developing the QB position gets you these results. The offense is loaded with weapons, O-line, RB, WR, TE.
QB is average and brings the entire offense down. It’s not a knock on Book, this is on Kelly for not developing and going with better talent at QB.

always take the points. hope that doesnt come back to haunt us. feels like a game it might.

I disagree with the fake FG call. Going up 9 to nothing is at least 2 possessions. You always take the points. It was a bad cal. Not even a high percentage call.Louisville gets the ball at the start of the 3rd and are one possession from taking the lead. If ND loses in a close game, the fake FG will be scrutinized.
You make it sound like passing into the end zone when a FG wins the game ....come on man!

ND looks like a possible playoff team but their biggest limitation continues to be Book. He’s played way above his 3 star expectations for sure, and it’s a great story. However, I still just don’t see him hanging in against the top 5 playoff type defenses ND may end up facing. What’s worse is he has yet to prove it against a decent defense. Is Louisville decent?

Why?... Your defense is playing really well and your offense looks like garbage. Take the damn points, go into halftime and lick your wounds.

That was Kelly at his worst.
Right, if we want to go for it on fourth and nine, our offense has the best chance of picking it up.
Hahahahaha. I couldn’t keep a straight face.

we haven’t seen anyone else to know he’s the best we got
Right, the coaches who get paid to win are playing a QB that doesn't give them the best chance. Any idea job stupid that sounds. Coaches who see these players everyday
Nobody can tel me he gives us the best chance to win. Book does the bare minimum which is not turning the ball over.
QUOTE]
Right, the coaches who get paid to win, and whose jobs depend on it, are playing a QB that doesn't give them the best chance. Any idea how stupid that sounds. Coaches who see these players everyday, I suspect you don't

ND looks like a possible playoff team but their biggest limitation continues to be Book. He’s played way above his 3 star expectations for sure, and it’s a great story. However, I still just don’t see him hanging in against the top 5 playoff type defenses ND may end up facing. What’s worse is he has yet to prove it against a decent defense. Is Louisville decent?

No they don't, for the reason you're alluding too. In order to win a national championship in this era you need a QB who is at least an excellent passer. Some years it takes a straight up elite passer. In 2020 a QB of that caliber can be worth 30-40 points vs a less opponent, on his own. They're seriously that valuable.

The Notre Dame that we've seen thus far this year would lose by 10-17 to Georgia, 21+ to Alabama and 30+ to Clemson... Ohio State hasn't played yet so I can't comment on them, but I suspect they'll be 21+ better than ND as well...

Hell, Sam Howell and North Carolina might beat ND convincingly at North Carolina unless Ian Book turns it around here.

COVID issues don’t help plus he’s still developing. He’ll be in top form by Clemson looking for a huge upset!

Guys...

This Louisville defense is objectively horrible. They gave up 47 points to Miami and 46 points to Georgia Tech. Their best effort of the season was surrendering 21 points to Western Kentucky in the opener. They turn players loose in the secondary on a routine basis. They're undisciplined, and play out of control at times.

I can't even articulate how poorly an offense with as much of a talent edge as Notre Dame's has over Louisville's defense has to play in order not to score a touchdown on them in a half in which they ran that many plays, without any turnovers.

Ian Book was dreadful.

COVID issues don’t help plus he’s still developing. He’ll be in top form by Clemson looking for a huge upset!
I love your optimism and I am really hoping for a Clemson upset. Books got a ton of experience, but continues to lose his base/feet and composure when the opposing defense gets turned up. He’s struggling against a loaded box and cover man. The staff (Book included)had to know Louisville was going to go all out on the run and dare Book to throw. So far he’s not showing he can handle it....again. Let’s hope he can find his composure , solve this defense and grind out a win today.

Guys...

This Louisville defense is objectively horrible. They gave up 47 points to Miami and 46 points to Georgia Tech. Their best effort of the season was surrendering 21 points to Western Kentucky in the opener. They turn players loose in the secondary on a routine basis. They're undisciplined, and play out of control at times.

I can't even articulate how poorly an offense with as much of a talent edge as Notre Dame's has over Louisville's defense has to play in order not to score a touchdown on them in a half in which they ran that many plays, without any turnovers.

Ian Book was dreadful.
Time to put in the backup!

Lol they're going to kill half of this quarter now.

I'm dropping ND 5 or 6 spots in my personal rankings, even if they win here.

Good to see that the defense hung out with the offense at half time and decided to start playing down to their level.

Should be 9-7... But... No

Simon over pursued on the fourth down run and completely blew the assignment on the long pass to the RB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT