ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas Golden is Irish !!!!

This tread has gotten a bit crazy. Hell yes, we should be excited by Golden’s commitment. He’s an elite athlete at the high school level, and projects to be the same at college. Yes, it’s only a commitment and non binding, but we sure as hell are dramatically better positioned to get his signature than any other school at this point. We are terribly thin at corner, the position we recruited him to play. This is all good, as good as it gets this time of year. The fact Golson loves this commitment shouldn’t be a basis for hedging our collective excitement over this prospect.
The good news is we recruited an elite athlete to play in our secondary. They will find the best fit and he will play early.

Could Golden be an EE? Could he step in and replace Morrison to open 25?
As of now, Golden is not going to EE

I think Gray and Mickey are the 25 starting CBs. But Golden can compete to start at nickel and challenge to be the number 3 outside guy as a freshman

Reactions: IrishMike409
This tread has gotten a bit crazy. Hell yes, we should be excited by Golden’s commitment. He’s an elite athlete at the high school level, and projects to be the same at college. Yes, it’s only a commitment and non binding, but we sure as hell are dramatically better positioned to get his signature than any other school at this point. We are terribly thin at corner, the position we recruited him to play. This is all good, as good as it gets this time of year. The fact Golson loves this commitment shouldn’t be a basis for hedging our collective excitement over this prospect.
I love all commitments, truth be told. That said, I simply hope to win at TAM.

That's because on this board even saying good morning or good night turns into a pissing match. The tone really detracts from what used to be a fun place to shoot the breeze about ND football.

As of now, Golden is not going to EE

I think Gray and Mickey are the 25 starting CBs. But Golden can compete to start at nickel and challenge to be the number 3 outside guy as a freshman
thanks Mel! Great insight

Enough smart people think that this kid is the best recruit in our class. I will side with the masses here. Rivals has been wrong a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT