ADVERTISEMENT

didnt see a game thread

Early. lets get it together.

It's definitely early, but the signs have been there all year. Barring a Trevor Lawrence injury or Ian Book playing out of his mind out of nowhere, Clemson is probably 3-4 touchdowns better than Notre Dame right now.

Reactions: GDFan
Yep, he’s late and panicking and we Aren’t playing our two most talented wrs

He can't throw downfield with any kind of consistency even if they do get open. The touch pass Cunningham just tossed to Atwell would have been an ugly, flat, easily defendable ball.

More designed passes than running plays today. Pathetic game plan.
It’s a bad game plan for today, but I believe this game plan is to try and better our chances against Clemson down the road. And it doesn’t look promising!

clemson winning 73-7 against GT. Lawrence is an NFL QB playing in college

clemson winning 73-7 against GT. Lawrence is an NFL QB playing in college

Exactly. And he has a 1st round pick running back playing behind him. I'm super jealous of the QB play teams like Clemson get out of Lawrence, LSU got out of Burrow, Alabama got out of Tu'a and Ohio State gets in Fields.

Book is so streaky. He is a winner. lets hope he finds his mojo here

Exactly. And he has a 1st round pick running back playing behind him. I'm super jealous of the QB play teams like Clemson get out of Lawrence, LSU got out of Burrow, Alabama got out of Tu'a and Ohio State gets in Fields.
Excellent development!

Book being book. Missing open reads when first guy is covered and there is pressure.

develop the passing game, with a career college QB? a work in progress?
To a fault. It's a total fallacy that nd needs to force the ball to the wrs, especially given the wind. You have three top ranked tes and a good oline... Run the damn ball.

Book is inaccurate, average strength arm. He holds the ball to long and doesn’t find the open receiver consistently. He is slightly above average as a player. He will never beat Clemson.

He wins against inferior teams. Not once in his career has he been the difference in ND's favor against a team of equal or greater talent... That's not even slighting the kid. It's hard truth.

He did in one game that I can remember. His very first game when he took over from Wimbush against LSU. That has been it for me.

Book Is just a mentally bad qb .... and rees is not good right now ... personnel and play calling

Book is just being polite, not wanting to run up the score.

He wins against inferior teams. Not once in his career has he been the difference in ND's favor against a team of equal or greater talent... That's not even slighting the kid. It's hard truth.
Well, we can bitch all we want, but the fact is he's our best option and gives us our best chance to win. So yes he ain't pro material at all, but he's what we have

Really wish NBC offered another view of the game from behind the QB so we could have a somewhat more complete look of what book is seeing. Is it the WR’s or Book?

Book never gets hit or sacked, yet he gets the yips! The guy played what 50+ games and not ever even dinged! That is an accomplishment, somewheres!

These pass play calls and personnel are awful...
Why that's a tough one to call when we haven't seen what Rees wants to do with wideouts . Isolation plays with mckinley were well drawn and poorly executed. The personnel and paly with big ben was great ..

O line has already given up too many sacks and hurries today.
Most of the pressures have been on Book, not the o-line. I believe all of the initial blitzes were picked up, he just held onto the ball too long. That is a function of not having anybody with separation too.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
I think they said earlier that Louisville has given up 47 points twice this year. They look great against us. :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT