ADVERTISEMENT

Deuce Knight

I do not listen to On3.

I do listen to Eric Hansen, and many at Rivals. And what I hear is that Deuce Knight is extremely raw right now playing QB. Far from a polished QB. Great athlete.

CJ Carr? Polished.
There's a lot of great QBs who weren't polished as juniors in high school

You bet on the talent and the traits

He's more athletic than Wimbush was. And already a better thrower
Weren't you just hyping up Kenny Minchey a few years back during his recruitment in a similar way?

It doesn't matter who ND recruits, it's always a underrated prospect by the services who has a ton of upside. :rolleyes: Almost every one of your takes is either a pro ND bias or regurgitating something Bryan Driskell says (who also lacks the self awareness to see his bias).

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Last edited:
Weren't you just hyping up Kenny Minchey a few years back during his recruitment in a similar way?

It doesn't matter who ND recruits, it's always a underrated prospect by the services who has a ton of upside. Almost every one of your takes is either a pro ND bias or regurgitating something Bryan Driskell says (who also lacks the self awareness to see his bias).
No. Learn to read. Don't make things up to fit your narrative. Kenny Minchey was a good prospect and has the talent to start at a lot of p4 schools. Including at Notre Dame

But he wasn't a freak show. Deuce Knight is the most talented QB I've ever seen ND land if we sign him

In terms of QB prospects we've landed in the past 4 years

1. Deuce
2. CJ
3. Kenny
4. Steve

I actually watch the film of our commits and make my own evaluation as well as look at his offers and rankings. Unlike you.

There's some kids in this class I wouldn't have taken. Some kids who I think are underrated and some who I think are overrated.

I use everything including my own eyes to make my opinion. I just don't blindly believe others

I actually watch the film of our commits and make my own evaluation as well as look at his offers and rankings. Unlike you.

There's some kids in this class I wouldn't have taken. Some kids who I think are underrated and some who I think are overrated.

I use everything including my own eyes to make my opinion. I just don't blindly believe others

how ignorant do you gotta be to think that the consolidated view of a prospect from 3-4 major recruiting sites (which is what the 247 composite is) somehow is missing something you are seeing at home on youtube?

I dont think i can evaluate prospects better than the billion dollar industry that does it professionally so yes i concede to their evals.

how ignorant do you gotta be to think that the consolidated view of a prospect from 3-4 major recruiting sites somehow is missing something you are seeing at home on youtube?
I dont know. How do the multi billion dollar NFL teams continue to have draft busts year after year after year?

I'm a Raiders fan. They are paid very well to scout and draft players. More than I will ever make

So when I'm at home saying please don't draft Jamarcus Russell and they do. Biggest bust ever. I saw it. Others saw it. They didn't. Darius Heyward Bey....I could go on and on

I could watch film on players and come to a conclusion on my own. I've been following recruiting and watching f film of players for over 20 years now.

Just because you can't do it, don't make it out like no one else could do it. These evaluators aren't perfect. Far from it. Some are pretty bad at it actually.

I dont know. How do the multi billion dollar NFL teams continue to have draft busts year after year after year?

I'm a Raiders fan. They are paid very well to scout and draft players. More than I will ever make

So when I'm at home saying please don't draft Jamarcus Russell and they do. Biggest bust ever. I saw it. Others saw it. They didn't. Darius Heyward Bey....I could go on and on

I could watch film on players and come to a conclusion on my own. I've been following recruiting and watching f film of players for over 20 years now.

Just because you can't do it, don't make it out like no one else could do it. These evaluators aren't perfect. Far from it. Some are pretty bad at it actually.
So you have watched film of Deuce Knight playing QB, and have concluded that Deuce will play as a true freshman, and that senior Steve Angeli will carry a clipboard..

Whatever.

Maybe you are the bad evaluator.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
So you have watched film of Deuce Knight playing QB, and have concluded that Deuce will play as a true freshman, and that senior Steve Angeli will carry a clipboard..

Whatever.

Maybe you are the bad evaluator.
I asked earlier, do you wanna bet on who starts the 25 season. You were quiet

I say CJ. You say Steve

Let's not argue about it. Put something up on it and let's see who is right

I asked earlier, do you wanna bet on who starts the 25 season. You were quiet

I say CJ. You say Steve

Let's not argue about it. Put something up on it and let's see who is right
You said Deuce Knight will play over Steve Angeli in 2025. Like I said, maybe you are the one who is a bad evaluator.

You said Deuce Knight will play over Steve Angeli in 2025. Like I said, maybe you are the one who is a bad evaluator.
I said he will have a package. If Steve loses the starting job to CJ, he's not going to play at all. Obviously. They are similar players, CJ is just more talented and better

But they will have a package for Deuce. He has a skillset that no one on the roster has. It would be dumb not to use it. They did it with Buchner. They did it with Wimbush. Tebow had one. Other athletic QBs start out in that way

So stop deflecting and put something on it

I said he will have a package. If Steve loses the starting job to CJ, he's not going to play at all. Obviously. They are similar players, CJ is just more talented and better

But they will have a package for Deuce. He has a skillset that no one on the roster has. It would be dumb not to use it. They did it with Buchner. They did it with Wimbush. Tebow had one. Other athletic QBs start out in that way

So stop deflecting and put something on it
So Freeman will sit Angeli and name Deuce Knight the Backup?

You're nuts.

So Freeman will sit Angeli and name Deuce Knight the Backup?

Your'e nuts.
Reading comprehension

He will have a package. Regardless if Steve is the number 2 or not. Steve may be the number 2 QB if CJ gets hurt

But he's not going to play if CJ is healthy. Deuce will play regardless. Even if he is the number 4 QB. They would put packages in for him to use his athleticism

It's like you've never watched cfb before

If Riley Leonard gets hurt at TAM, who plays QB?
As of right now, it would be Steve Angeli. He's the number 2 guy. He may get beat out in fall camp but I don't think he will quite yet. I expect Steve to be the number 2 QB this season. If Riley gets hurt and is out a short time I think Steve will play. If it's a long term thing, we'll see

It doesn't matter who ND recruits, it's always a underrated prospect by the services who has a ton of upside. Almost every one of your takes is either a pro ND bias or regurgitating something Bryan Driskell says (who also lacks the self awareness to see his bias).

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
I've read every post for over a decade.

Golson never "hyped" Minchey like Knight.

Knight is gonna be a 5-star. Minchey.....never was going to happen.

Reactions: BGI User 756
MF has had TWO full classes at ND .. he doesn't get credit for another HCs recruiting class just because the class leaned defense heavy and he was DC .. NDs classes were defense heavy before MF got here.

under BK, the defenses were really good from 2017-2020 well before MF came on board. NDs recruiting started improving back in 2020 after ND started to put a ton of wins together several years leading up to that class.

and a lot of teams class scores started to improve around the time of NIL because parody increased in college football recruiting ... that is why you use the Class Rank and not the Class Score to compare classes over that time period.
So much for LSU and their recruiting. LSU Losing the #1 CB in the state to ACC teams. 😂. Kelly can't even recruit the top talent in his home state. 😂

Reading you, it's amazing Kelly lasted 12 years at Notre Dame.
If he wasn't forced to change by Swarbrick, he would have been gone after that 4-8 debacle, 7 years into his tenure. 99% of coaches would have been gone, but Jack spared him on the condition he make changes in his hiring of assistants and coaches.

Besides the fact that you state this about nearly every high 4 star prospect that commits to ND, what makes you think if he gets a 5th star he stays at ND?

ND is like 5* repellent or something. They are repulsed by a prospect that has a 5th star it seems lol
Hey Sheila, how is Prime making out

Reactions: Golson5
Marcus Freeman's two complete classes:

9th in 2023, 12th in 2024

Brian Kelly's last two classes:

7th in 2022, 9th in 2021

Yea very obvious.
BS. Multiple outlets have shown where MF average rating is almost 4….well ahead of BK

Thx KJP

So much for LSU and their recruiting. LSU Losing the #1 CB in the state to ACC teams. 😂. Kelly can't even recruit the top talent in his home state. 😂
The LSU 2025 recruiting class is outstanding to this point, especially the QB. Then again, I am a big Brian Kelly fan.

Last edited:
Or it's nuanced and not everything has a perfect explanation. Michigan's results are extremely unique (my theory is that it has something to do with Jim Harbaugh being a uniquely great coach) but that doesn't mean we can't use the overwhelming evidence to make good educated guesses on what's likely to happen going forward based on the best available evidence and based on the program's track record

What are the chances that out of the 100+ FBS head coaches we have the next Hall of Fame head coach/the next harbaugh?

Wouldn't it simply be more prudent to not rely on such low odds and to instead do whatever we can within our power within the rules to close the talent gap so we aren't completely outclassed on the football field? ( Which is how the other 99.999999% of programs have won their national title over the last 30+ years)
It's not that complicated. The distance between the top recruits and the top 10 recruits is much smaller than you make it out to be. It can be made up for by just a few difference makers. Harbaugh is a good coach but not a great coach that the elite athletes rush towards just so they can learn under his tutelage.

Your last paragraph and 99% of your posts are just another way to say get the best athlete you can. Everyone knows that already.

BK was known as the three star general. He did have a great scouting staff to identify 3*s that had a lot of upside and was a good program manager to ensure there were no gaps. But no one feared BK's ability to close on the blue chips.
If he wasn't forced to change by Swarbrick, he would have been gone after that 4-8 debacle, 7 years into his tenure. 99% of coaches would have been gone, but Jack spared him on the condition he make changes in his hiring of assistants and coaches.
He also signed an expensive contract extension pre-debacle. We may never know what would have happened if he could be fired at a normal cost.

It's not that complicated. The distance between the top recruits and the top 10 recruits is much smaller than you make it out to be. It can be made up for by just a few difference makers. Harbaugh is a good coach but not a great coach that the elite athletes rush towards just so they can learn under his tutelage.

Your last paragraph and 99% of your posts are just another way to say get the best athlete you can. Everyone knows that already.
From Stanford to the San Francisco 49ers to Michigan, Jim Harbaugh is a great head coach. Saturdays or Sundays.

The LA Chargers, IMO, got it right.

Last edited:

We have a way to measure who is getting the best athletes though, and Notre Dame is getting eaten alive on the recruiting trail by a revolving door of 4-7 programs since the post Charlie Weis era. And that's the problem. This lack of ability, or lack of desire to secure these top tier prospects is seriously capping the program's upside, and it's a problem that still persists at Notre Dame as I type this.

There doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency or priority on the part of Notre Dame to fix the situation either. They seem to be more concerned with controlling the message than fixing the issue. We are a top 5 wealthiest blue blood in the sport, we should be able to land elite talent at the same pace as our competition at the very least.

I take issue with people ignoring the copious amount of information on the topic and the ND communities continuously posting/publishing/spreading erroneous information like something is changing or trending in the right direction. It's a false narrative that only perpetuates the problem/status quo.

Can we at least land a SINGLE composite 5 star .. just 1 per class ? It blows my mind that the ND community feels like this is some insurmountable request. It feels like we've landed like 2 *total* composite 5-stars in the last 5 years when our competition for playoff spots & playoff wins is landing 3+ per cycle on top of all of the other top 100 talent they are monopolizing at our expense.

What strategic maneuvering is going on at the admin level at ND to fix the issue? Why is this issue virtually ignored by everybody that covers the team professionally? Why do the fans continue to look the other way while this is happening?

DEMAND a better product! HOLD the university accountable for a better product! don't spread the university's PR and propaganda or we wont see another national championship trophy in our lifetime.

Last edited:
We have a way to measure who is getting the best athletes though, and Notre Dame is getting eaten alive on the recruiting trail by a revolving door of 4-7 programs since the post Charlie Weis era. And that's the problem. This lack of ability, or lack of desire to secure these top tier prospects is seriously capping the program's upside, and it's a problem that still persists at Notre Dame as I type this.

There doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency or priority on the part of Notre Dame to fix the situation either. They seem to be more concerned with controlling the message than fixing the issue. We are a top 5 wealthiest blue blood in the sport, we should be able to land elite talent at the same pace as our competition at the very least.

I take issue with people ignoring the copious amount of information on the topic and the ND communities continuously posting/publishing/spreading erroneous information like something is changing or trending in the right direction. It's a false narrative that only perpetuates the problem/status quo.

Can we at least land a SINGLE composite 5 star .. just 1 per class ? It blows my mind that the ND community feels like this is some insurmountable request. It feels like we've landed like 2 *total* composite 5-stars in the last 5 years when our competition for playoff spots & playoff wins is landing 3+ per cycle on top of all of the other top 100 talent they are monopolizing at our expense.

What strategic maneuvering is going on at the admin level at ND to fix the issue? Why is this issue virtually ignored by everybody that covers the team professionally? Why do the fans continue to look the other way while this is happening?

DEMAND a better product. HOLD the university accountable for a better product, don't spread the university's PR and propaganda or we wont see another national championship trophy in our lifetime.
Let me clue you in. Notre Dame's PRODUCT is academics not football. They aren't going to sell their souls for football. Either accept this fact or go support a school that prioritizes football over academics.

Let me clue you in. Notre Dame's PRODUCT is academics not football. They aren't going to sell their souls for football. Either accept this fact or go support a school that prioritizes football over academics.
Why you bother is super confusing.

Don't feed the troll.

Last edited:
Bruce Feldman of The Athletic had some pretty high praise for Deuce based upon his performance at the recent Elite 11 camp:

Deuce Knight (No. 51 overall, No. 8 QB)​

The Notre Dame commit from Lucedale, Miss., shined. Don’t be surprised if his stock shoots up. The coaches loved Knight. He’s almost 6-5, 210 pounds and has the frame to carry 230 down the road. The lefty is a superb athlete with excellent wheels, but he wowed Elite 11 coaches with how much better he looked in Southern California than he did a few months ago at the regional camp the Elite 11 put on. Knight showed up much more polished as a passer and more consistent. The other things that impressed coaches were his magnetic personality and leadership skills, key traits for a quarterback that don’t necessarily show up on film.

“He was super impressive,” Gardner said. “He’s big and strong, and he moves really well. He was as polished as anybody there. And he’s got this personality that’s outstanding. He can walk into a room and will attract teammates no matter their walks of life. He can relate well to guys.”

Notre Dame has had some good quarterbacks over the past dozen years, but it hasn’t had a quarterback drafted in the first round since Brady Quinn went No. 22 to the Cleveland Browns in 2007. Since 2010, the Irish have had only one quarterback drafted in the first three rounds: DeShone Kizer, who went No. 52 in 2017. Knight’s blend of size, speed and intangibles is different. At the Elite 11 regional combine, Knight clocked a 4.53 40-yard dash and had his vertical jump measured at an eye-popping 41.9 inches.

“I think he’s special,” Hoover said. “I don’t think Notre Dame’s ever had a quarterback quite like this. (Kizer) was big and threw it well, but he wasn’t as dynamic as this kid is.”

Bruce Feldman of The Athletic had some pretty high praise for Deuce based upon his performance at the recent Elite 11 camp:

Deuce Knight (No. 51 overall, No. 8 QB)​

The Notre Dame commit from Lucedale, Miss., shined. Don’t be surprised if his stock shoots up. The coaches loved Knight. He’s almost 6-5, 210 pounds and has the frame to carry 230 down the road. The lefty is a superb athlete with excellent wheels, but he wowed Elite 11 coaches with how much better he looked in Southern California than he did a few months ago at the regional camp the Elite 11 put on. Knight showed up much more polished as a passer and more consistent. The other things that impressed coaches were his magnetic personality and leadership skills, key traits for a quarterback that don’t necessarily show up on film.

“He was super impressive,” Gardner said. “He’s big and strong, and he moves really well. He was as polished as anybody there. And he’s got this personality that’s outstanding. He can walk into a room and will attract teammates no matter their walks of life. He can relate well to guys.”

Notre Dame has had some good quarterbacks over the past dozen years, but it hasn’t had a quarterback drafted in the first round since Brady Quinn went No. 22 to the Cleveland Browns in 2007. Since 2010, the Irish have had only one quarterback drafted in the first three rounds: DeShone Kizer, who went No. 52 in 2017. Knight’s blend of size, speed and intangibles is different. At the Elite 11 regional combine, Knight clocked a 4.53 40-yard dash and had his vertical jump measured at an eye-popping 41.9 inches.

“I think he’s special,” Hoover said. “I don’t think Notre Dame’s ever had a quarterback quite like this. (Kizer) was big and threw it well, but he wasn’t as dynamic as this kid is.”
Based on everything I read and have seen, I am not certain this kid will beat out CJ Carr. Predicting QB success, IMO, is super difficult….whether it is HS to College….or College to Sundays.

Last edited:
Reactions: chaseball
Based on everything I read and have seen, I am not certain this kid will beat out CJ Carr. Predicting QB success, IMO, is super difficult….whether it is HS to College….or College to Sundays.
So much of what makes great QB play is stuff going on between the ears and that can be really hard to project multiple years in advance.

I think great quarterbacks are able to process information quicker with far more raw brain computational power compared to their peers and in other ways we can't even explain.

How do you project that when a kid is age 15-17 going through the camp/prospect process?

I do not listen to On3.

I do listen to Eric Hansen, and many at Rivals. And what I hear is that Deuce Knight is extremely raw right now playing QB. Far from a polished QB. Great athlete.

CJ Carr? Polished.
Budd Elliot says Knight is a guy with a win because of ceiling and a guy you drop a bag for

He doesn't have to beat him out. They are both studs. Carr can play than Deuce.

Who cares. It's nice to have legit elite talents at QB again

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT