ADVERTISEMENT

Deuce Knight

Deuce is clearly trending towards an Auburn commitment, expected next week. But, a convincing ND win today and a loss by Auburn to Alabama A & M today might give him second thoughts. Hoping for both.
Personally, I'd prefer to see ND move on. My frustration is that even if he signs with ND, he's likely one step out the door going into the transfer portal. ND is in a tough spot, because he is the kind of elite talent they need, so they can't stop recruiting him.

Personally, I'd prefer to see ND move on. My frustration is that even if he signs with ND, he's likely one step out the door going into the transfer portal. ND is in a tough spot, because he is the kind of elite talent they need, so they can't stop recruiting him.
Agree. Tough tough spot. We need the elite talent, but at what cost?

I fear he comes here, then if he's not starting by soph year, we see a message go up that he's hitting the portal....then chaos erupts.

Ideal scenario is DK comes here. Is patient and willing to work/develop for 2-3 years. Then take over when Carr leaves as an absolute weapon with a polished QB game, ready to go win a title.

Does that scenario realistically exist? Yes. Is it likely? I'm just not sure.

Alabama can play texas am close and still be considered an elite team because of their track record (F+ ranking, team talent, SEC championships, national championships, etc.)

NDs track record is that of a program that will play a mid-teens team like 2024 Texas A&M close (if not lose to them). it's a 50/50 kind of game.

When you are a legit NC contender, you aren't an underdog vs mid-teens-ranked-teams

When you are a legit NC contender, you run over teams like '24 Texas A&M or at least make easy work of them.

If you are a legit NC contender, you shouldn't be in a dogfight struggling to stop the 13th ranked team in the country or struggling to move the ball against them.
You're a tool. Why are you on this forum? You clearly are not an ND fan. Go follow Alabama then. Bye!

Agree. Tough tough spot. We need the elite talent, but at what cost?

I fear he comes here, then if he's not starting by soph year, we see a message go up that he's hitting the portal....then chaos erupts.

Ideal scenario is DK comes here. Is patient and willing to work/develop for 2-3 years. Then take over when Carr leaves as an absolute weapon with a polished QB game, ready to go win a title.

Does that scenario realistically exist? Yes. Is it likely? I'm just not sure.
You recruit Deuce hard until the very end.

Whatever that is.

IMO Marcus Freeman has no choice.

I'm worried about TX Am today and don't care about recruiting right now
I think ND handles A&M tonight. I'm taking ND and the +2.5 all day long. This is a sucker bet and A&M fans are being taken for suckers.

I'm worried about TX Am today and don't care about recruiting right now
I get anxious before every game, but first game of the season in historically most hostile college stadium has me anxious as hell for the damn game to start. Taking emotions out of it, and looking at relative talent, I think we should come out with a solid win.

I get anxious before every game, but first game of the season in historically most hostile college stadium has me anxious as hell for the damn game to start. Taking emotions out of it, and looking at relative talent, I think we should come out with a solid win.
I'm with you Telx! I'm actually officiating my Nephew's wedding here on the Jersey shore right at game time! So doubly anxious. I'll give my phone to my wife... and pray the Irish come prepared to play! Enjoy the game, fellas.

I'm with you Telx! I'm actually officiating my Nephew's wedding here on the Jersey shore right at game time! So doubly anxious. I'll give my phone to my wife... and pray the Irish come prepared to play! Enjoy the game, fellas.
No offense but where did you go wrong??? No nephew of mine is getting married on GameDay. Lol.

All kidding aside, that's a huge honor. Enjoy the wedding... as much as you can anyway.

I think home-sickness is part of the reason he bolted from Nashville, can’t imagine he’d go to SB. He’s all but gone and I’m sure the staff has another name in mind. Plus if Carr’s tearing it up in practice, grass might be greener elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT