ADVERTISEMENT

Deuce Knight

Alabama has been locked inside the top 5 in F+ and in team talent composite throughout the Saban era at Alabama (on top of all of their other national achievements)

It's ok to have 1-off mediocre games here and there when you are dominating the rest of college football and are firmly entrenched in the tier 1 of football programs.

ND doesn't have the kind of track record.
So they can struggle at texas am with better players but we can't? Makes perfect sense, got it 🤣

Reactions: BGI User 756
So they can struggle at texas am with better players but we can't? Makes perfect sense, got it 🤣
Alabama can play texas am close and still be considered an elite team because of their track record (F+ ranking, team talent, SEC championships, national championships, etc.)

NDs track record is that of a program that will play a mid-teens team like 2024 Texas A&M close (if not lose to them). it's a 50/50 kind of game.

When you are a legit NC contender, you aren't an underdog vs mid-teens-ranked-teams

When you are a legit NC contender, you run over teams like '24 Texas A&M or at least make easy work of them.

If you are a legit NC contender, you shouldn't be in a dogfight struggling to stop the 13th ranked team in the country or struggling to move the ball against them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
Alabama can play texas am close and still be considered an elite team because of their track record (F+ ranking, team talent, SEC championships, national championships, etc.)

NDs track record is that of a program that will play a mid-teens team like 2024 Texas A&M close (if not lose to them). it's a 50/50 kind of game.

When you are a legit NC contender, you aren't an underdog vs mid-teens-ranked-teams

When you are a legit NC contender, you run over teams like '24 Texas A&M or at least make easy work of them.

If you are a legit NC contender, you shouldn't be in a dogfight struggling to stop the 13th ranked team in the country or struggling to move the ball against them.
Wow that's a lot of nonsense and unimportant talk right there

Reactions: NDinNJ

You said - When you are a legit NC contender, you run over teams like '24 Texas A&M or at least make easy work of them.

That has to be one of your dumbest posts and that's saying something.

So, a top team should blow out the number 13 team? Every time? Why even play the games then? Let's just go straight to the Final Four.

So, a top team should blow out the number 13 team? Every time? Why even play the games then? Let's just go straight to the Final Four.
Look at NDs performance vs the top 5 in the country over the last 20 some years to get an idea of what i mean. They don't get ran over every single time by top 5 teams .. but in aggregate its non competitive.

A legit tier 1 team/NC contender makes easy work of mid top 25 teams the very large majority of time.

Look at NDs performance vs the top 5 in the country over the last 20 some years to get an idea of what i mean. They don't get ran over every single time by top 5 teams .. but in aggregate its non competitive.

A legit tier 1 team/NC contender makes easy work of mid top 25 teams the very large majority of time.
What happened in the past is meaningless to this season. Get out of Am with a win and we're looking good for a big year

Well, then please provide your expert opinion as to why Georgia Tech (unranked) just beat the #10 team?

What happened in the past is meaningless to this season. Get out of Am with a win and we're looking good for a big year
I wasn't referencing NDs last 20 years to say that those teams are this years team. I referenced NDs performance as a mid-teens-team vs tier 1 teams over the last 20 years to say that's how tier 1 teams perform against mid-teens-teams. As an ND fan you've had front row seats to it. Tier 1 teams dominate mid-teens-teams (especially in aggregate).
Well, then please provide your expert opinion as to why Georgia Tech (unranked) just beat the #10 team?
I've never made the point that unranked teams dont beat ranked teams.

I wasn't referencing NDs last 20 years to say that those teams are this years team. I referenced NDs performance as a mid-teens-team vs tier 1 teams over the last 20 years to say that's how tier 1 teams perform against mid-teens-teams. As an ND fan you've had front row seats to it. Tier 1 teams dominate mid-teens-teams (especially in aggregate).

What happened in the past is meaningless to this year

Oh, but you certainly dwell on star ratings for recruits.

FSU has all those 4 and 5-star recruits and GT has NONE.

So much for your jock-sniffing.

Alabama has been locked inside the top 5 in F+ and in team talent composite throughout the Saban era at Alabama (on top of all of their other national achievements)

It's ok to have 1-off mediocre games here and there when you are dominating the rest of college football and are firmly entrenched in the tier 1 of football programs.

ND doesn't have that kind of track record.
Bama had a lot more than one tough game in College Station. A&M isn't Auburn but the game with Bama was usually very competitive.
OMG that was this morning?

Oh, but you certainly dwell on star ratings for recruits.

FSU has all those 4 and 5-star recruits and GT has NONE.

So much for your jock-sniffing.
Talent is only one component.

The best teams in the country are teams stacked with the best talent (as per 247 team talent composite) https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/ and this is a REALLY IMPORTANT/BY FAR THE MOST IMPORTANT part of the puzzle.

But the best teams in the country also have the best coaching in the country as well (best player development, best scheme, best leadership, etc.).

ALL of it is important.

I think FSU clearly is the more talented team than GT is, and I think they are an ascending program under Norvell and this loss to (#40 Georgia Tech) has probably more to do with just plain bad luck, small sample size (e.g. FSU probably wins that game 9 times out of 10), and FSU not being good enough in the other components (coaching, talent, etc.) to be able to mitigate the bad luck.

Last edited:
Talent is only one component.

The best teams in the country are teams stacked with the best talent (as per 247 team talent composite) https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/ and this is a REALLY IMPORTANT/BY FAR THE MOST IMPORTANT part of the puzzle.

But the best teams in the country also have the best coaching in college football as well (best player development, best scheme, best leadership, etc.).

ALL of it is important.

I think FSU is an ascending program under Norvell and this loss to (#40 Georgia Tech) has probably more to do with just plain bad luck, small sample size (e.g. FSU probably wins that game 9 times out of 10), and FSU not being good enough in the other components (coaching, talent, etc.) to be able to mitigate the bad luck.
FSUs last 2 games are signs of descending

Got embarrassed vs Ga, now gets upset against GT

Bad look for Norvell

Maybe only the next 2 seasons. Need someone after him or if he gets injured.

Need to stack top QBs. This would be a very big loss
What are your thoughts on Noah Grubbs?

Big kid, big arm? Playing against great Florida competition?

Reactions: sjb75

He's a big kid. I don't think he has a big arm, it's solid to me but nothing that stands out. He's just not very athletic and I like my QBs in cfb that can move and extend plays and run for first downs when needed. Just a personal preference. I think he's a good prospect but not on the level of Carr or Duece. Like I said before, I hope I'm proven wrong or I hope good jr and sr film changes my mind

The teams he plays against are good Florida competition but not the best league

Reactions: IrishMike409
He's a big kid. I don't think he has a big arm, it's solid to me but nothing that stands out. He's just not very athletic and I like my QBs in cfb that can move and extend plays and run for first downs when needed. Just a personal preference. I think he's a good prospect but not on the level of Carr or Duece. Like I said before, I hope I'm proven wrong or I hope good jr and sr film changes my mind

The teams he plays against are good Florida competition but not the best league
Golson, have you seen tape of him this year? I haven’t; but I’ve read he has a very big arm, can make all the throws, and lost 20-30 lbs and is significantly more agile and mobile than last year.

Golson, have you seen tape of him this year? I haven’t; but I’ve read he has a very big arm, can make all the throws, and lost 20-30 lbs and is significantly more agile and mobile than last year.
I’m not high on grubbs at all. Don’t think he’s bad, but think he’s a development depth prospect.

What disappoints me with most is they think deuce isn’t a big loss because they are believing Carr is absolutely it. That’s putting all your chips on the table for a player that hasn’t played one snap of college football. I think Carr will be good but would prefer Carr va deuce as qb in 25 and let the beat man win, the other can transfer. Now, if Carr isn’t all that nd is back to portal…. Again!

I’m not high on grubbs at all. Don’t think he’s bad, but think he’s a development depth prospect.

What disappoints me with most is they think deuce isn’t a big loss because they are believing Carr is absolutely it. That’s putting all your chips on the table for a player that hasn’t played one snap of college football. I think Carr will be good but would prefer Carr va deuce as qb in 25 and let the beat man win, the other can transfer. Now, if Carr isn’t all that nd is back to portal…. Again!
If Carr isn't "all that", you think they'd hit the portal for a 1-year (2025) rental, instead of going with Angeli or Minchey?

At this point, I think I'd take Angeli or Minchey over a portal QB for 25.

If Carr isn't "all that", you think they'd hit the portal for a 1-year (2025) rental, instead of going with Angeli or Minchey?

imo one year portal qbs are a bridge gap not a yearly culture program building strategy

I would prefer were home grown after this year

Here’s a question. Why do so many people feel Duece is a “ can’t miss “ recruit ? Maybe he’s gonna be great. Maybe he’s not. No one knows. If he sticks with ND , great! They get what they hope is a game changer at QB. If he goes elsewhere, then move on. It sucks. But it’s what happens a lot throughout the recruiting process. Also let’s not forget if he stayed and was on the team next year and and didn’t play , who’s to say he wouldn’t transfer . My point is this. Don’t get caught up in the “ it’s a disaster “ if ND misses on a recruit. Many don’t pan out anyway. Either way , they will be fine at the QB position. There’s a lot of competition and that bodes well for ND.

Noah Grubbs is a 16-year/old junior in HS with a very good arm. Pocket guy. I very much like his chances to be a very good CFB QB in 3-4 years.

Spin much?

You are putting words in peoples mouths

You are putting words in peoples mouths
Hes still making a fair point.

When it comes to recruiting most guys fail to reach the 2-deep at this level let alone develop into stars. That's why there are 85 schollies. Most guys won't make it. You need HIGH QUANTITY OF HIGH QUALITY prospects when it comes to recruiting your 85 man roster

Last edited:

This narrative is a freaking joke of a post.

Deuce is a talent and appears to be a really good fit in Denbrocks offense, and there’s no question a de-commit will hurt our qb room next year, as of today. But, we have no idea who the staff might flip in this scenario; and, we still have Angeli and Minchey to compete with Carr next year. In fact, I think a fourth year Angeli and third year Minchey might give Carr equal or better competition than true freshman Deuce. Deuce may very well be missed big time, but I don’t think it will be next year.

As for Grubb’s, let’s discuss his development and potential after his junior season.

They don't think that. They love Deuce and want him in the class. Of course they think it would be a big loss. They thought he was the the top or 2nd best QB in the class

Carr is the real deal but we still need more

Texas A&M has some nice talent or whatever, but they are a pretty medium team in the top 25 in college football at this point of the Mike Elko era.

This shouldn't be that "big" of a game. If ND is a legit NC contender, they should be able to win this game relatively easily.
Dude, you should love Texas A&M. Their recent classes are pretty much all four star or higher prospects. That's probably the reason they even made the top 25, on account of they're so loaded with raw talent if nothing else. So I don't know why you wouldn't be giving A&M more shrift. They have what you crave so desperately, what you repeat over and over again ND has to have if they ever want to win big. They got the elite raw talent. And now ND's comparatively middling roster is expected to beat them ease....

Hes still making a fair point.

When it comes to recruiting most guys fail to reach the 2-deep at this level let alone develop into stars. That's why there are 85 schollies. Most guys won't make it. You need HIGH QUANTITY OF HIGH QUALITY prospects when it comes to recruiting your 85 man roster
No, he was putting words in peoples mouth, like you are.

Why is Prime avoiding some media? Where did the swagger go?

Wore an Auburn towel in his game last night. Not ideal right? Lol. No way we lose to A&M and lose Deuce in the same weekend right?

Wore an Auburn towel in his game last night. Not ideal right? Lol. No way we lose to A&M and lose Deuce in the same weekend right?
Kyngstonn Viliamu-Asa wore visible Ohio St. gear all the time before announcing for Notre Dame.

Kyngstonn Viliamu-Asa wore visible Ohio St. gear all the time before announcing for Notre Dame.
Deuce is clearly trending towards an Auburn commitment, expected next week. But, a convincing ND win today and a loss by Auburn to Alabama A & M today might give him second thoughts. Hoping for both.

Deuce is clearly trending towards an Auburn commitment, expected next week. But, a convincing ND win today and a loss by Auburn to Alabama A & M today might give him second thoughts. Hoping for both.
This decision is beyond game results IMO.

If game results mattered, SEC also ran Auburn would be out of the picture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT