ADVERTISEMENT

Deuce Knight

Like NDNJ said, geography concerns me far more than academics. And this born and bred Mississippi kid is going to get the full court press from Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss his entire senior football season.

That said, based on what I have read, I believe he will not flip.
Impossible to gauge his thought process when you don't know him, but anyone can proffer an opinion.

There are no guarantees anymore. Not that there ever was. But with NIL and the portal, it’s basically free angency. This is especially true with the top players. I would also say “ honoring “ the commitment is no longer true for many recruits. I’m not blaming the recruit. It’s a huge decision. I’m mean you commit to a school early and over time maybe you have second thoughts or maybe another school gives you an offer you can’t refuse. It’s just the way it is. I hope Knight stays with ND. I mean he appears to have all the tools. If he decides to go elsewhere, it will be disappointing. The only thing to do is wish him well and move on.

Reactions: NDinNJ and Kelso86
Reports are saying he’s about to flip to Auburn.
QB flips are backbreakers for a class. We've actually seen it with our skilled position recruits because I think recruits know/knew Deuce wasn't really serious about ND.

There are no guarantees anymore. Not that there ever was. But with NIL and the portal, it’s basically free angency. This is especially true with the top players. I would also say “ honoring “ the commitment is no longer true for many recruits. I’m not blaming the recruit. It’s a huge decision. I’m mean you commit to a school early and over time maybe you have second thoughts or maybe another school gives you an offer you can’t refuse. It’s just the way it is. I hope Knight stays with ND. I mean he appears to have all the tools. If he decides to go elsewhere, it will be disappointing. The only thing to do is wish him well and move on.
Just sucks that a kid that was seemingly all about ND is going to do this.

Agree. B
We disagree here. I do not believe, based on what I have watched on film, that Deuce will beat out CJ Carr for the starting job.
etter athelete but not qb

Things have been oddly quiet with Deuce this week after all the predictions for a flip. I still don’t like our chances but they seem better than a few days ago

Reactions: IrishMike409
Things have been oddly quiet with Deuce this week after all the predictions for a flip. I still don’t like our chances but they seem better than a few days ago
“No news is good news.”

How long does a flip take?

He's taking an official visit to Auburn for their game vs powerhouse Alabama A&M.

He"s basically hearing nonstop that "if you want to play against the best competition you need to come to the SEC" and it's had an impact. The SEC teams compete against each other in recruiting but they also work together with the "SEC is the big leagues" mantra. But his delay in jumping gives us a chance to roll into College Station and blow up that narrative. That game really is a crossroads for the program in some pretty important ways.

He"s basically hearing nonstop that "if you want to play against the best competition you need to come to the SEC" and it's had an impact. The SEC teams compete against each other in recruiting but they also work together with the "SEC is the big leagues" mantra. But his delay in jumping gives us a chance to roll into College Station and blow up that narrative. That game really is a crossroads for the program in some pretty important ways.
Hard to argue that. There is no better conference, top to bottom, in all of CFB, than the SEC.

Pretty sure the program will survive without Deuce.
Absolutely.
Another thing I read somewhere , duece was a converted WR.

I know he did pretty well at elite 11 but I think deuce is getting his high rankings from his elite athleticism. I feel CJ Carr knows how to play quarterback better than deuce but that’s just my opinion.

CJ is the future for the next 3 seasons.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Absolutely.
Another thing I read somewhere , duece was a converted WR.

I know he did pretty well at elite 11 but I think deuce is getting his high rankings from his elite athleticism. I feel CJ Carr knows how to play quarterback better than deuce but that’s just my opinion.

CJ is the future for the next 3 seasons.
Maybe only the next 2 seasons. Need someone after him or if he gets injured.

Need to stack top QBs. This would be a very big loss

I agree this game is huge.

Maybe only the next 2 seasons. Need someone after him or if he gets injured.

Need to stack top QBs. This would be a very big loss
I like the Grubb commitment for 26, but we definitely need a Minchey like flip for 25 if/when Deuce drops his commitment as expected.

It is huge but not because of Duece. He's most likely gone already

We need to win
We absolutely need a win on the road in a big game ( game of the week) where we are the underdog. I like our chances if the OL plays well. Sure as hell don’t want another moral victory!

Reactions: Golson5
We absolutely need a win on the road in a big game ( game of the week) where we are the underdog. I like our chances if the OL plays well. Sure as hell don’t want another moral victory!
I think if our OL plays just solid, we win. They need to be solid.

Reactions: Telx1
Texas A&M has some nice talent or whatever, but they are a pretty medium team in the top 25 in college football at this point of the Mike Elko era.

This shouldn't be that "big" of a game. If ND is a legit NC contender, they should be able to win this game relatively easily.

Texas A&M has some nice talent or whatever, but they are a pretty medium team in the top 25 in college football at this point of the Mike Elko era.

This shouldn't be that "big" of a game. If ND is a legit NC contender, they should be able to win this game relatively easily.
Alabama didn't win there relatively easily

It is a tough place to play. I think we win, but not easily. They will be fired up and looking for a marquee win themselves.

Alabama didn't win there relatively easily
Alabama has been locked inside the top 5 in F+ and in team talent composite throughout the Saban era at Alabama (on top of all of their other national achievements)

It's ok to have 1-off mediocre games here and there when you are dominating the rest of college football and are firmly entrenched in the tier 1 of football programs.

ND doesn't have that kind of track record.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT