ADVERTISEMENT

Deuce Knight

So for several years their recruiting was enough to finish highly in your favorite metric. You can't have it both ways. Either that recruiting is sufficient or it is not.
Hook-Line-Sinker.

Let me give you an example of some of my frustration.

You got posters here who understand the importance of recruiting rankings understand the predictability of them and understand to their core what they represent but as soon as those recruiting rankings don't confirm their biases they dismiss them or start using another criteria that is more favorable to their view

That goes for recruiting rankings for sophisticated algorithms like F+ for talent rankings for projection systems for any evidence whatsoever we all just ignore it despite it being correct over and over and over again

You got posters who insist that the latest recruit or the latest class is some new level of talent that's going to come in and lead Notre Dame to a new level of performance and productivity but we have databases that go back 20 years and we can see clear as day that this new quarterback recruit or this incoming recruiting class isn't any better than the previous ones that came before it

You got posters here who've been getting in the same heated debates with me on the same topics for years decades even who have the benefit of hindsight who still stubbornly refuse to accept the evidence and I'm not just talking about one year of hindsight but year after year after year after year of me posting the evidence and the evidence turning out to be correct and still earning zero benefit of the doubt

This board constantly reinforces to me just how scary humanity is, just how prone we are to error, and just how stubborn humans can be even in the face of mounting evidence.
Yes the data is clear, MF is recruiting the best at ND since Weis but these classes are much more balanced so probably the best since Holtz.

It's very obvious

Deuce Knight is a freak athlete. Won't be surprised at all of multiple sites have him as a 5 star by the end of the cycle
Besides the fact that you state this about nearly every high 4 star prospect that commits to ND, what makes you think if he gets a 5th star he stays at ND?

ND is like 5* repellent or something. They are repulsed by a prospect that has a 5th star it seems lol

I know right n if Leonard gets hurt long term I wouldn't be shocked to see Carr this year
I have never watched CJ Carr play in an actual college game. Based on what I watched against Oregon State, I would not be shocked to see Steve Angeli be named the backup QB to Riley Leonard, and stay there all of 2024.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelso86
Yes the data is clear, MF is recruiting the best at ND since Weis but these classes are much more balanced so probably the best since Holtz.

It's very obvious
Marcus Freeman's two complete classes:

9th in 2023, 12th in 2024

Brian Kelly's last two classes:

7th in 2022, 9th in 2021

Yea very obvious.

Marcus Freeman's two complete classes:

9th in 2023, 12th in 2024

Brian Kelly's last two classes:

7th in 2022, 9th in 2021

Yea very obvious.
MF has 3 recruiting classes while he's been at ND

2024 275.6
2023 272.4
2022 275.44

Those 3 classes would rank with BKs classes in the last 15 years:

2nd, 3rd and 4th

So MFs 3 classes he's been on staff at ND is better than everyone of BKs classes except 1

So yes, it is very very obvious thar the talent is increasing. If you did the research it is very obvious

And the 25 class will be up there as well and he'll have 4 of the top 5 classes at ND in the last 15 years and all 4 of his classes will be in there

Much better

So now the big $ players will enter. I doubt ND will abandon common sense and get involved. USC has decided not to throw common sense out the window, so really do you think ND will? Ride out the insanity of the NIL,

So now the big $ players will enter. I doubt ND will abandon common sense and get involved. USC has decided not to throw common sense out the window, so really do you think ND will? Ride out the insanity of the NIL,
ND is involved in the NIL game. The just do it differently

Reactions: NDinNJ
USC has lost two 5-Star recruits in the last 10 days.

Reactions: BGI User 756
ND is involved in the NIL game. The just do it differently
Yes. You could say that. I have listened to Brady Quinn talk at length how Notre Dame operates NIL. First. They follow the rules. And they administer NIL as it was intended.

And based on how well Notre Dame is recruiting, so far so good.

Yes. You could say that. I have listened to Brady Quinn talk at length how Notre Dame operates NIL. First. They follow the rules. And they administer NIL as it was intended.

And based on how well Notre Dame is recruiting, so far so good.
This!!

Has there ever been a 6’5 QB that can run a 4.4 and toss 71 yards who also happens to have won the Elite 11 by at least one service not be a 5 star? lol. It’s silly to me.
Very likely he gets bumped up by the end of it. On3 probably on their next update

Couldn't you be wrong about his ability to play QB in college??
Yeah he has a lot of technical and mechanical things to work on. He's FAR from a finished product

But the talent is ridiculous. His upside is higher than any QB I ever seen at ND if he signs here

Reactions: IrishMike409
Yeah he has a lot of technical and mechanical things to work on. He's FAR from a finished product

But the talent is ridiculous. His upside is higher than any QB I ever seen at ND if he signs here
That was my point. My understanding is he is extremely raw as a QB, especially compared to CJ Carr.

That was my point. My understanding is he is extremely raw as a QB, especially compared to CJ Carr.
Best case scenario is Deuce comes in and sits for 2 or 3 seasons. Learn the position, refine the required skills, then come in ready to go after Carr wins 30 games as a starter.

MF has 3 recruiting classes while he's been at ND

2024 275.6
2023 272.4
2022 275.44

Those 3 classes would rank with BKs classes in the last 15 years:

2nd, 3rd and 4th

So MFs 3 classes he's been on staff at ND is better than everyone of BKs classes except 1

So yes, it is very very obvious thar the talent is increasing. If you did the research it is very obvious

And the 25 class will be up there as well and he'll have 4 of the top 5 classes at ND in the last 15 years and all 4 of his classes will be in there

Much better

The recruiting ticked up from 10-15th, to 7-12th starting in 2020 with the '21 class. I think Marcus Freeman has had a net positive impact on recruiting at Notre Dame since he arrived but he doesn't get credit for classes where he was only the HC for 10% of the cycle.

Brian Kelly didn't leave until the very end of the '22 cycle. MF did a good job keeping that class together for the most part but that was Kelly's class

Final class score in this context is irrelevant--how well Notre Dame is doing relative to the rest of the pack is how to measure their year over year recruiting performance.
  • '21 class (Brian Kelly head coach): #9
  • '22 class (Brian Kelly head coach 90% of cycle): #7
  • '23 class (Freeman HC): #9
  • '24 class (Freeman HC): #12
  • '25 class (Freeman HC): projected top 15 finish
  • '25 class (Kelly HC @ LSU): projected top 5 finish
It's funny how Freeman has this reputation for being a much better recruiter at ND but he hasn't recruited as well as the previous head coach since 2020 and is getting out recruited by that same coach (at another institution) to this day.

Cj is way more polished and has a higher floor. Huge fan.

Deuce Knight has more potential

If we can get Deuce to stay and wait his turn our QB room will be stacked for the next 5 years

Reactions: IrishMike409
The recruiting ticked up from 10-15th, to 7-12th starting in 2020 with the '21 class. I think Marcus Freeman has had a net positive impact on recruiting at Notre Dame since he arrived but he doesn't get credit for classes where he was only the HC for 10% of the cycle.

Brian Kelly didn't leave until the very end of the '22 cycle. MF did a good job keeping that class together for the most part but that was Kelly's class

Final class score in this context is irrelevant--how well Notre Dame is doing relative to the rest of the pack is how to measure their year over year recruiting performance.
  • '21 class (Brian Kelly head coach): #9
  • '22 class (Brian Kelly head coach 90% of cycle): #7
  • '23 class (Freeman HC): #9
  • '24 class (Freeman HC): #12
  • '25 class (Freeman HC): projected top 15 finish
  • '25 class (Kelly HC @ LSU): projected top 5 finish
It's funny how Freeman has this reputation for being a much better recruiter at ND but he hasn't recruited as well as the previous head coach since 2020 and is getting out recruited by that same coach (at another institution) to this day.
MFs 3 recruiting classes would rank 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the last 15 years at ND

Our 25 class will be another top 10 class for sure

What you are saying is false and just laughable

It's very obvious to see

22 class was MFs. He was the reason for the uptick and the defensive players were his. He also got 2 guys after BK left and he kept the guys committed when they could have went with BK to LSU. They didn't. That was a MF class

And the start of the best 4 year run in recruiting since Weis

MFs 3 recruiting classes would rank 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the last 15 years at ND

Our 25 class will be another top 10 class for sure

What you are saying is false and just laughable

It's very obvious to see

22 class was MFs. He was the reason for the uptick and the defensive players were his. He also got 2 guys after BK left and he kept the guys committed when they could have went with BK to LSU. They didn't. That was a MF class

And the start of the best 4 year run in recruiting since Weis
MF has had TWO full classes at ND .. he doesn't get credit for another HCs recruiting class just because the class leaned defense heavy and he was DC .. NDs classes were defense heavy before MF got here.

under BK, the defenses were really good from 2017-2020 well before MF came on board. NDs recruiting started improving back in 2020 after ND started to put a ton of wins together several years leading up to that class.

and a lot of teams class scores started to improve around the time of NIL because parody increased in college football recruiting ... that is why you use the Class Rank and not the Class Score to compare classes over that time period.

Last edited:
MF has had TWO full classes at ND .. he doesn't get credit for another HCs recruiting class just because the class leaned defense heavy and he was DC .. NDs classes were defense heavy before MF got here.

under BK, the defenses were really good from 2017-2020 well before MF came on board. NDs recruiting started improving back in 2020 after ND started to put a ton of wins together several years leading up to that class.

and a lot of teams class scores started to improve around the time of NIL because parody increased in college football recruiting ... that is why you use the Class Rank and not the Class Score to compare classes over the last 15 years (to negate this effect)

DISCLAIMER: I am not looking up every year and every score im going off of recollection because the point im making is more important than getting a year or rank 100% accurate
MF has been apart of 3 recruiting classes so far since he has been at ND

They are 3 of the top 4 classes at ND in the last 15 years

It's over. Case closed

Charlie Weis was a lousy recruiter. Absolutely zero balance to his classes.

Brian Kelly was a far better recruiter than Weis.
He wasn't a lousy recruiter at all. His classes lacked balance but he was a stud recruiter.

Individually he was a much better recruiter. Bk didn't like to recruit. He relied on his staff.

He hired a better staff than CW. He was a better coach than CW. He's a better CEO of the program than CW

But in terms of them recruiting individually, CW was better

He wasn't a lousy recruiter at all. His classes lacked balance but he was a stud recruiter.

Individually he was a much better recruiter. Bk didn't like to recruit. He relied on his staff.

He hired a better staff than CW. He was a better coach than CW. He's a better CEO of the program than CW

But in terms of them recruiting individually, CW was better
Anything Brian Kelly is twisted by you to make Kelly look lazy, like a buffoon, and ill equipped to coach CFB.

Anything Brian Kelly is twisted by you to make Kelly look lazy, like a buffoon, and ill equipped to coach CFB.
You have zero clue. I was one of his biggest fans and defenders on this site. Look back at my posting history while he was here

So you are wrong again. If he was a better recruiter especially at the QB position and made a couple better coaching hires I think he would have won a NC here

You only read what you want to read

You have zero clue. I was one of his biggest fans and defenders on this site. Look back at my posting history while he was here

So you are wrong again. If he was a better recruiter especially at the QB position and made a couple better coaching hires I think he would have won a NC here

You only read what you want to read
Reading you, it's amazing Kelly lasted 12 years at Notre Dame.

Reading you, it's amazing Kelly lasted 12 years at Notre Dame.
Only because you see what you want to see

When I say he was a good CEO of the program and coach you avoid reading that part

And he actually was a good recruiter when he wanted to be. He just wasn't always engaged in it

If he was a dawg in recruiting, he was a good enough coach to win a NC here

He did a lot of good at ND, he just had a few things that held him back from taking that final step

I thought he was going to get it done. I was wrong

and a lot of teams class scores started to improve around the time of NIL because parody increased in college football recruiting ... that is why you use the Class Rank and not the Class Score to compare classes over that time period.
Why are you on this forum? You clearly aren't an ND fan. You don't get the school. You are a f'ng idiot. You've been dropped on your head too many times. You are mentally challenged, now go to the LSU forum with that other fool where you clearly belong.

Has there ever been a 6’5 QB that can run a 4.4 and toss 71 yards who also happens to have won the Elite 11 by at least one service not be a 5 star? lol. It’s silly to me.
Sounds like Brandon Wimbush minus a few inches of height

Not according to On3
I do not listen to On3.

I do listen to Eric Hansen, and many at Rivals. And what I hear is that Deuce Knight is extremely raw right now playing QB. Far from a polished QB. Great athlete.

CJ Carr? Polished.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT