ADVERTISEMENT

Cubs !

Well Irishjohn, a perfect example of what I was talking about in the 5th. Bryant on 3rd and Russel can't bring him in with a needed timely hit. All series long stranded base runners. Let's put it this way, even if the Cubs manage to win this one at home, it will be extremely difficult, if not close to impossible to finish off the Indians at their place. Especially when The Tribe will have their very very best on the mound and ready in the bullpen. The Cubs young hitters have not proven they can hit elite big league, World series pitching.

This series in a nutshell is Cleveland's great pitching against Chicago's undisciplined hitting.

I'm sure the Cubs would like to have Friday night's game back.

It's almost like the Cubs hitters have finally realized where they are at and became overwhelmed to the moment. I can't say that to be a fact, but their body language, the pitches they swing at, and the pitches they take, really tell a story. There were times during the season when the Cubs could not take advantage of bases loaded, no out situations and failed to score. Was that a red flag? Even in the win last night, they did all their scoring in one inning and did nothing the rest of the game, including the fail to score insurance runs when it was there for the taking. Anything is possible but I see the Indians winning it Tuesday. Man, I hope I'm wrong.

It's almost like the Cubs hitters have finally realized where they are at and became overwhelmed to the moment. I can't say that to be a fact, but their body language, the pitches they swing at, and the pitches they take, really tell a story. There were times during the season when the Cubs could not take advantage of bases loaded, no out situations and failed to score. Was that a red flag? Even in the win last night, they did all their scoring in one inning and did nothing the rest of the game, including the fail to score insurance runs when it was there for the taking. Anything is possible but I see the Indians winning it Tuesday. Man, I hope I'm wrong.

We're of like minds here. Cleveland has played loose as can be, while the Cubs have been tight as a drum. I think they could have scored a few more runs if some of their hitters left their bats in the dugout and just took pitches until they were walked.

But who knows? Now the pressure starts to shift to Cleveland's shoulders.

These managers / Head Coaches many times out smart and definitely out think themselves. Pulling Hendricks...... why? Bringing in Lester in a "dirty" inning as Maddon calls it when the previous night he said he wouldn't and we all saw what happened. Lester brings a lot of baggage with his great pitching. Can't throw to first. Won't get his rump off the mound to field a ball. Have to burn a active player to bring in Lester's catcher. You have Lackey and Arrieta in waiting. Use them for middle and late relief. Chapman could have been good for one or two batters perhaps. It's almost like passing in hurricane conditions. Maddon is lucky things worked out or the media and fans would have been all over his behind. Cubs have a lot of young talent but there are no guarantees.

Reactions: Bodizephax
These managers / Head Coaches many times out smart and definitely out think themselves. Pulling Hendricks...... why? Bringing in Lester in a "dirty" inning as Maddon calls it when the previous night he said he wouldn't and we all saw what happened. Lester brings a lot of baggage with his great pitching. Can't throw to first. Won't get his rump off the mound to field a ball. Have to burn a active player to bring in Lester's catcher. You have Lackey and Arrieta in waiting. Use them for middle and late relief. Chapman could have been good for one or two batters perhaps. It's almost like passing in hurricane conditions. Maddon is lucky things worked out or the media and fans would have been all over his behind. Cubs have a lot of young talent but there are no guarantees.

Congratulations to all the Cubs fans out there. Long time in coming.

But I have to agree with the criticism of Maddon. That game disintegrated just as I feared it would when he yanked Hendricks. He's lucky the team willed itself to a victory because that could have very well turned into one of the most disappointing and unnecessary losses in baseball history.

The Cub players actually won in spite of Joe tonight. He's been a masterful manager but he tried to manage too much in game 7.
I've been a Cub fan for all of my adult life and it sure was strange to finally finish on top. I stayed up until midnight and went to bed during the weather delay. I have a small tv with an ear plug and I watched the two run rally from bed, but then I just had to get up and watch the ending. My wife asked what I was doing and she got up with me and watched until about 1:30AM local time. This morning she said that she wasn't sure I wasn't having a dream when I told her the Cubs had scored twice in the 10th inning. In a way, I"m not sure I'm not dreaming that my Cubs are World Series Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

And, I don't think enough love is going to Miguel Montero. While Zobrist is getting the highlight reels for driving in the go ahead run, it was Montero who actually drove in the game winner after Cleveland scored in the bottom of the inning. Let this be a learning moment. You can never score too much, no matter what the sport.

The love was boundless during the parade and the celebration! This was a total team effort, from the training staff to the front office to the players to the coaching staff and manager to the Ricketts, it was truly a team effort! AND I WANT TO THANK THEM ALL!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT