ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Out Rest of Spring

That's complete revisionist history.
The ND fanbase liked and rooted for BK until he flirted with Philly after the Natty blowout. Even then most of the fanbase forgave him and moved on. After a few lackluster seasons and 1 unforgivable 4-8 season where BK didnt know his S&C coach was MIA the majority of the fanbase lost trust & faith he was the right man for the job. To BK's credit he put together some great regular seasons but wound up facing 2 monster's in Clemson & Bama in the semi's. Still the fanbase was content with BK being head coach but then he accepted the LSU job while he was in a ND's recruits house & 99% of the fanbase will never forgive him for the way he left.

Good points. BK was an excellent HC, he just couldn't make the jump to being an elite HC. He restored a solid foundation to the football program after it wandered somewhat aimlessly during Davie-Willingham-Weis years, and for that we owe BK a debt of gratitude. But in the end with BK, he was all about what was good for him, and not necessarily what was good for the program and the players. MF is a polar opposite; he is all about doing what is right for the football program and the players. Whether he can coach them up is still an open question, but I love his enthusiasm and energy, his sincerity, and how he has gone about assembling a really solid coaching staff, and thus I remain very bullish on the direction of the program and MF's eventual ability to make the next step. Patience is difficult when you haven't won a NC since 1988, but I feel strongly that patience will be rewarded.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
Good points. BK was an excellent HC, he just couldn't make the jump to being an elite HC. He restored a solid foundation to the football program after it wandered somewhat aimlessly during Davie-Willingham-Weis years, and for that we owe BK a debt of gratitude. But in the end with BK, he was all about what was good for him, and not necessarily what was good for the program and the players. MF is a polar opposite; he is all about doing what is right for the football program and the players. Whether he can coach them up is still an open question, but I love his enthusiasm and energy, his sincerity, and how he has gone about assembling a really solid coaching staff, and thus I remain very bullish on the direction of the program and MF's eventual ability to make the next step. Patience is difficult when you haven't won a NC since 1988, but I feel strongly that patience will be rewarded.
All true except BK is an above average coach, no where near excellent.

Reactions: NDinNJ
How short should the leash be, how many years should they get? ?
That is completely based on what they do or don’t inherit and how good the recruiting is, etc. Multifaceted. But after 4-5 years if nothing is improving they should be canned. Freeman is doing fine and I see a bit of progression. This could be his year. But if 8-4 with this roster you have to start questioning it. I think he’ll make a playoff.

All true except BK is an above average coach, no where near excellent.
Yeah, I agree. I think he’s basically proven that he’s a good coach but not really getting LSU over the hump yet tells us that we didn’t lose a world beater when he took off. He’s good, but he’s not a top-five coach in my opinion. Based on recruiting and being so young, if Freeman makes a playoff this year (even if LSU does as well), I would argue that we are in better hands now.

That's complete revisionist history.
The ND fanbase liked and rooted for BK until he flirted with Philly after the Natty blowout. Even then most of the fanbase forgave him and moved on. After a few lackluster seasons and 1 unforgivable 4-8 season where BK didnt know his S&C coach was MIA the majority of the fanbase lost trust & faith he was the right man for the job. To BK's credit he put together some great regular seasons but wound up facing 2 monster's in Clemson & Bama in the semi's. Still the fanbase was content with BK being head coach but then he accepted the LSU job while he was in a ND's recruits house & 99% of the fanbase will never forgive him for the way he left.
Minor correction: I'm pretty sure Kelly was flirting with Philadelphia before the national title game, although he didn't admit it until afterward.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
The new guy has gone 8-4 & 9-3 in the regular season. He has gotten upset by 2 unranked teams at home, then flamed out at Louisville and at the worst Clemson team in the decade.

The happy talk about recruiting, is just that, happy talk about recruiting. If the talent can’t translate to better then winning 3 out of 4 games in the regular season.

Then the talented isn’t being coached or developed to its potential. How about retiring the BK whining. MF has been head coach 2 years and it’s time to develop some consistency.

The new guy has gone 8-4 & 9-3 in the regular season. He has gotten upset by 2 unranked teams at home, then flamed out at Louisville and at the worst Clemson team in the decade.

The happy talk about recruiting, is just that, happy talk about recruiting. If the talent can’t translate to better then winning 3 out of 4 games in the regular season.

Then the talented isn’t being coached or developed to its potential. How about retiring the BK whining. MF has been head coach 2 years and it’s time to develop some consistency.
And Kelly went 4-8 in year 7

Reactions: Chitown11

I don’t see how anyone can disagree with your post

You complain about the "whining" over BK's record but you are throwing MF under the bus after two seasons? Really? Yes, the home losses to Marshall and Stanford shouldn't have happened, but BK's record at ND is replete with more than a few stinkers. Tulsa and Navy in 2010. The inexplicable loss to Northwestern in 2014 along with bad losses to USC and ASU. Losing to a really BAD Pitt team in 2013. That game was a stinkfest. During the 10-3 loss to NC State in 2016 having Kizer throw 26 times DURING A HURRICANE! The epic collapse against UM in 2011. The list is long and inglorious. Not to mention all the beatdowns in big games. Did BK have his moments? Yes. Did he restore some respectability to the program? Absolutely. But he had his flaws and the manner in which he departed left a bad taste in many mouths. While MF is a work in progress, I feel a lot more confident about where the program is headed than I did during the last few years of Kelly's regime. I have not anointed MF as the next Knute Rockne, but I am willing to see how it plays out. He has earned that right. You might consider doing the same.

Last edited:
IItYou complain about the "whining" over BK's record but you are throwing MF under the bus after two seasons? Really? Yes, the home losses to Marshall and Stanford shouldn't have happened, but BK's record at ND is replete with more than a few stinkers. Tulsa and Navy in 2010. The inexplicable loss to Northwestern in 2014 along with bad losses to USC and ASU. Losing to a really BAD Pitt team in 2013. That game was a stinkfest. During the 10-3 loss to NC State in 2016 having Kizer throw 26 times DURING A HURRICANE! The epic collapse against UM in 2011. The list is long and inglorious. Not to mention all the beatdowns in big games. Did BK have his moments? Yes. Did he restore some respectability to the program? Absolutely. But he had his flaws and the manner in which he departed left a bad taste in many mouths. While MF is a work in progress, I feel a lot more confident about where the program is headed than I did during the last few years of Kelly's regime. I have not anointed MF as the savior, but I am willing to see how it plays out. He has earned that right. You might consider doing the same.
It’s impossible to ignore that BK took a program that had declined and resurrected it to the degree that BK went undefeated during the regular season in his third year.

And while I agree with you that MF should be given more time, DTGK is on target with his post.

I’m not alone in resenting the way BK left ND, but I’m not about to indulge in revisionist history and denigrate BK’s accomplishments at ND.

In the long run I believe that BK’s departure will have been in ND’s best interest.

Reactions: Telx1
It’s impossible to ignore that BK took a program that had declined and resurrected it to the degree that BK went undefeated during the regular season in his third year.

And while I agree with you that MF should be given more time, DTGK is on target with his post.

I’m not alone in resenting the way BK left ND, but I’m not about to indulge in revisionist history and denigrate BK’s accomplishments at ND.

In the long run I believe that BK’s departure will have been in ND’s best interest.
MF is 19 and 7 in his first 2 years. BK was 16 and 10.

BK also had a 4 win season in year 7.

MF is 19 and 7 in his first 2 years. BK was 16 and 10.

BK also had a 4 win season in year 7.
MF took over a robust program, BK took over a program in the dumps, ergo there is NO comparison in terms of what they inherited and what they had to deal with in their beginning years

MF took over a robust program, BK took over a program in the dumps, ergo there is NO comparison in terms of what they inherited and what they had to deal with in their beginning years
Bk also took over a team robust in talent

And what they inherited was different thats part of the reason a 3 game difference.

Records arent the same. MF is ahead 3 games so far

Bk also took over a team robust in talent

And what they inherited was different thats part of the reason a 3 game difference.

Records arent the same. MF is ahead 3 games so far
Not even close

BK took over a teams with the following 3 year records

2009. 6-6
2008. 7-6
2007. 3-9

MF took over teams with the following 3 year records

2021. 1!-2
2020. 10-2
2019. 11-2

As the great American philosopher, Bill Parcells, stated, you are who your record says you are.

BK took over a team with three years of poor performance

MF took over a team with three years of exceptional performance

There is no comparison

The facts don’t fit your narrative !

Not even close

BK took over a teams with the following 3 year records

2009. 6-6
2008. 7-6
2007. 3-9

MF took over teams with the following 3 year records

2021. 1!-2
2020. 10-2
2019. 11-2

As the great American philosopher, Bill Parcells, stated, you are who your record says you are.

BK took over a team with three years of poor performance

MF took over a team with three years of exceptional performance

There is no comparison

The facts don’t fit your narrative !
Bk took over a team loaded with talent but needed to change the culture. He did that. It took him to year 3. No issue there.

But there's no doubt he took over a loaded roster. 16 and 10 with a loaded roster but in need of a culture change was a solid job.

You complain about the "whining" over BK's record but you are throwing MF under the bus after two seasons? Really? Yes, the home losses to Marshall and Stanford shouldn't have happened, but BK's record at ND is replete with more than a few stinkers. Tulsa and Navy in 2010. The inexplicable loss to Northwestern in 2014 along with bad losses to USC and ASU. Losing to a really BAD Pitt team in 2013. That game was a stinkfest. During the 10-3 loss to NC State in 2016 having Kizer throw 26 times DURING A HURRICANE! The epic collapse against UM in 2011. The list is long and inglorious. Not to mention all the beatdowns in big games. Did BK have his moments? Yes. Did he restore some respectability to the program? Absolutely. But he had his flaws and the manner in which he departed left a bad taste in many mouths. While MF is a work in progress, I feel a lot more confident about where the program is headed than I did during the last few years of Kelly's regime. I have not anointed MF as the next Knute Rockne, but I am willing to see how it plays out. He has earned that right. You might consider doing the same.
I’ll respond to you, because that other clown is too emotional and full of female energy.

I’m not throwing Freeman under the bus, his record is what his record is. He took over a program that had won 44 out of its previous 50. He has gone 19-8 in his first 27 games. and it’s a step back record wise.

To say anything else would just be factually untrue. If the program has taken steps forward in other areas? Then it needs to manifest itself on the field, and with the W&L record. Or else what do those steps forward even mean?

The people that hate Kelly, and fan boy Freeman are so emotionally invested in these two guys. It reminds of Taylor Swifts little fan girls attacking the next dude who dumps her.

ND football was around long before Kelly & Freeman, and ND football will be around long after Kelly & Freeman are gone. I’m a ND fan, not someone who practices coach idolatry.

Bk took over a team loaded with talent but needed to change the culture. He did that. It took him to year 3. No issue there.

But there's no doubt he took over a loaded roster. 16 and 10 with a loaded roster but in need of a culture change was a solid job.
Teams loaded with talent don’t go 6-6, 7-6 and 3-9

I’ll respond to you, because that other clown is too emotional and full of female energy.

I’m not throwing Freeman under the bus, his record is what his record is. He took over a program that had won 44 out of its previous 50. He has gone 19-8 in his first 27 games. and it’s a step back record wise.

To say anything else would just be factually untrue. If the program has taken steps forward in other areas? Then it needs to manifest itself on the field, and with the W&L record. Or else what do those steps forward even mean?

The people that hate Kelly, and fan boy Freeman are so emotionally invested in these two guys. It reminds of Taylor Swifts little fan girls attacking the next dude who dumps her.

ND football was around long before Kelly & Freeman, and ND football will be around long after Kelly & Freeman are gone. I’m a ND fan, not someone who practices coach idolatry.
👍

Alittle context is needed. Freeman played a lot tougher schedule his 1st 2 years. Freeman played 11 AP top 25 teams winning 7. Btw those 7 wins more than any other ND coach in history.

Teams loaded with talent don’t go 6-6, 7-6 and 3-9
Yes they do. The ones with bad coaching and bad culture. BK took over a team with a lot of NFL players

Let me know if you of heard of any of these guys? Were they pretty good at football? Be honest and let me know

Zach Martin
Manti Teo
Harrison Smith
Michael Floyd
Kyle Rudolph
Tyler Eifert

Thats a big level of football player right there. And there was a lot of other NFL players on that roster. But damn that is an impressive top 6 guys. Whew

Reactions: BGI User 756
Yes they do. The ones with bad coaching and bad culture. BK took over a team with a lot of NFL players

Let me know if you of heard of any of these guys? Were they pretty good at football? Be honest and let me know

Zach Martin
Manti Teo
Harrison Smith.
Michael Floyd
Kyle Rudolph
Tyler Eifert

Thats a big level of football player right there. And there was a lot of other NFL players on that roster. But damn that is an impressive top 6 guys. Whew
Who were the great QB’s BK inherited in 2010, 2011 and 2012 from 2009 ?

Tell us about the great defense that BK inherited in 2010, 2011 and 2012 from 2009 ?

Rudolf and Eifert played the same position

Smith played in 2010
and 2011
Rudolph only played in 2010
Michael Floyd played in 2010 and 2011

Evidently BK didn’t inherit the level of talent that you claimed.

Tell us about the great defense that BK inherited in 2010, 2011 and 2012 from 2009 ?

Smith played in 2010
and 2011

Yes he did. Like I asked, and you didn't answer were those 6 players any good?

How were...

Zach Martin
Manti Teo
Kyle Rudolph
Tyler Eifert
Michael Floyd
Harrison Smith

I know a lot of coaches that would enjoy inheriting 2 NFL Hall of Famers

I didn't even mention NFL players like Theo Riddick, TJ Jones, Jonas Gray, Kap Lewis Moore, Darrin Walls and others who played in the NFL.

That's 11 NFL players he inherited and there is more than that from the 2010 and 2011 team.

16 and 10 with that talent..... not good enough.

Like I said, he inherited a whole lot of talent. Dont believe me, believe the NFL

Fair enough, but I don't think it is fair to judge MF after just two seasons. Record wise, MF's record has been a step down from BK's last 3 seasons. But I have watched ND football for nearly 7 decades and IMO, BK was not going to take the program to the next level. He had peaked. That is not to say BK won't win a NC at LSU, but he wasn't doing it at ND. Of that, i am convinced. I don't "hate" BK, and never have, nor am I "emotionally invested" in the guy. I simply know what I saw on the field. He was a good coach, but not a great one, and certainly not an elite one.

I am not sure if you were directing the "fan boy" comment at me, but yes, I confess I am a fan of Marcus Freeman. I am bullish about the direction of the program, as I have posted many times on this board. For one, MF has done something BK was unable to do in all his years at ND--recruit a quality QB. We will see how CJ Carr and Deuce Knight play, but elite teams start with elite play at the QB position, so you have to feel pretty good about that. Yes, that needs to tranlate to wins, but I think we could be on the precipice of something special. Then again, maybe that is why I drink the green Koolaid.

Smith played in 2010
and 2011

There's a reason why Notre Dame was 6-6 in 2009 with Jimmy Clausen and Golden Tate, and all that NFL talent.

The program sucked.

Yes he did. Like I asked, and you didn't answer were those 6 players any good?

How were...

Zach Martin
Manti Teo
Kyle Rudolph
Tyler Eifert
Michael Floyd
Harrison Smith

I know a lot of coaches that would enjoy inheriting 2 NFL Hall of Famers

I didn't even mention NFL players like Theo Riddick, TJ Jones, Jonas Gray, Kap Lewis Moore, Darrin Walls and others who played in the NFL.

That's 11 NFL players he inherited and there is more than that from the 2010 and 2011 team.

16 and 10 with that talent..... not good enough.

Like I said, he inherited a whole lot of talent. Dont believe me, believe the NFL
Last I looked, there were 11 players on offense, 11 players on defense and probably 4 special teams players, ergo 4, 5 or 6 out of 26 isn’t a team loaded with talent, especially when some players have the same position.

Teams loaded with talent don’t go 6-6, 7-6 and 3-9.

As Bill Parcells stated, you are what your record says you are, and records of 6-6, 7-6 and
3-9 are mediocre to poor teams, at best, especially when so many on this site are claiming that you need an exceptional quarterback to have a successful team.

BK Inherited a few good players, and nothing more

MF inherited a highly successful program with significant talent

The respective records prove my point and undermine your narrative

Try dealing with the facts instead of your emotions

Last I looked, there were 11 players on offense, 11 players on defense and probably 4 special teams players, ergo 4, 5 or 6 out of 26 isn’t a team loaded with talent, especially when some players have the same position.

Teams loaded with talent don’t go 6-6, 7-6 and 3-9.

As Bill Parcells stated, you are what your record says you are, and records of 6-6, 7-6 and

3-9 are mediocre to poor teams, at best, especially when so many on this site are claiming that you need an exceptional quarterback to have a successful team.

BK Inherited a few good players, and nothing more

MF inherited a highly successful program with significant talent

The respective records prove my point and undermine your narrative

Try dealing with the facts instead of your emotions
I know you couldn't comprehend and I already know you cannot admit when you are wrong.

It is very sad

Yes, many teams loaded with talent have poor records. It happens every year.

Having over 20 players on a roster that make it to the NFL is loaded with talent. Including multiple 1st rd picks and 2 NFL hall of famers

95% of schools would be envious of that talent

The previous staff underachieved. Apparently that is not possible according to you. Which is mind bogglingly dumb. Kelly took over a roster with a ton of talent

You dont have to believe me. I dont care. Believe the NFL. Which you say is extremely difficult to get into and you have to be a great player to make.

The NFL told you that team was loaded. Dont take my word for it. That is the ultimate facts. My feelings about it dont matter. Yours don't either

The NFL already spoke on it

I know you couldn't comprehend and I already know you cannot admit when you are wrong.

It is very sad

Yes, many teams loaded with talent have poor records. It happens every year.

Having over 20 players on a roster that make it to the NFL is loaded with talent. Including multiple 1st rd picks and 2 NFL hall of famers

95% of schools would be envious of that talent

The previous staff underachieved. Apparently that is not possible according to you. Which is mind bogglingly dumb. Kelly took over a roster with a ton of talent

You dont have to believe me. I dont care. Believe the NFL. Which you say is extremely difficult to get into and you have to be a great player to make.

The NFL told you that team was loaded. Dont take my word for it. That is the ultimate facts. My feelings about it dont matter. Yours don't either

The NFL already spoke on it
Name the teams that are loaded with talent that had poor records for 3 years

You named 6 players out of 26, 2 of whom played the same position.

And wasn’t BK’s starting QB a QB who you were highly critical of ?

The W-L record of those teams is indicative of the level of talent they possessed, not your flawed narrative

Name the teams that are loaded with talent that had poor records for 3 years

You named 6 players out of 26, 2 of whom played the same position.

And wasn’t BK’s starting QB a QB who you were highly critical of ?

The W-L record of those teams is indicative of the level of talent they possessed, not your flawed narrative
No I didn't. I named 11. Read again.

PLEASE TRY READING. I KNOW IT'S HARD. SO I'M GOING TO WRITE IN BOLD

DONT LISTEN TO ME. DONT BELIEVE ME. LIKE YOU SAID I DONT KNOW ANYTHING

SO JUST LISTEN TO THE NFL. THE 2010 ROSTER HAD OVER 20 PLAYERS WHO PLAYED IN THE NFL

LOADED!

No I didn't. I named 11. Read again.

PLEASE TRY READING. I KNOW IT'S HARD. SO I'M GOING TO WRITE IN BOLD

DONT LISTEN TO ME. DONT BELIEVE ME. LIKE YOU SAID I DONT KNOW ANYTHING

SO JUST LISTEN TO THE NFL. THE 2010 ROSTER HAD OVER 20 PLAYERS WHO PLAYED IN THE NFL

LOADED!
You named 6, 2 of whom played the same position, and they didn’t play for all three years
Since your memory fails you, I’m going to quote you.
Here are the 6 you listed

How were...

Zach Martin
Manti Teo
Kyle Rudolph
Tyler Eifert
Michael Floyd
Harrison Smith”

Remind me again, what quarterbacks did BK inherit?
How about the defensive line, who did he inherit from the 2009 team

And what were the previous three year records of the team BK Inherited for his 2010 team
6-6
7-6
3-9

Case closed !

You know nothing about football

Alittle context is needed. Freeman played a lot tougher schedule his 1st 2 years. Freeman played 11 AP top 25 teams winning 7. Btw those 7 wins more than any other ND coach in history.
Freeman did not play a lot tougher schedule in his first two years. The 2010 schedule featured only one team with a losing record. 2011 had six opponents with losing records but two of which were big conference teams that lost their bowls to finish 6-7. The 2011 schedule had five teams that finished ranked and four in the top 12.

Freeman has faced nine teams with a losing record plus an FCS team against the seven that Kelly faced. They both played eight teams that finished in the top 25.

Perhaps Freeman has played tougher schedules but the difference is slim if even that.

Freeman took over a better program but I’ll never agree that the program was in the dumps. 7-6 and 6-6 aren’t good records, but the talent was there and the 2009 team lost all of their games by one score.

Freeman did not play a lot tougher schedule in his first two years. The 2010 schedule featured only one team with a losing record. 2011 had six opponents with losing records but two of which were big conference teams that lost their bowls to finish 6-7. The 2011 schedule had five teams that finished ranked and four in the top 12.

Freeman has faced nine teams with a losing record plus an FCS team against the seven that Kelly faced. They both played eight teams that finished in the top 25.

Perhaps Freeman has played tougher schedules but the difference is slim if even that.
the two toughest teams from that comparison are Oklahoma State 2021 and Ohio State 2023.

You named 6, 2 of whom played the same position, and they didn’t play for all three years
Since your memory fails you, I’m going to quote you.
Here are the 6 you listed

How were...

Zach Martin
Manti Teo
Kyle Rudolph
Tyler Eifert
Michael Floyd
Harrison Smith”

Remind me again, what quarterbacks did BK inherit?
How about the defensive line, who did he inherit from the 2009 team

And what were the previous three year records of the team BK Inherited for his 2010 team
6-6
7-6
3-9

Case closed !

You know nothing about football
Nope! I named 11. Read again 🤣🤣

Like I said, don't believe me. I just post on an internet like you

The NFL already answered this question. Are you saying you know more than NFL GMS and coaches?

I'll wait for your response. Thanks

Freeman took over a better program but I’ll never agree that the program was in the dumps. 7-6 and 6-6 aren’t good records, but the talent was there and the 2009 team lost all of their games by one score.
Nope. Pat said those teams didnt have talent

the two toughest teams from that comparison are Oklahoma State 2021 and Ohio State 2023.
2010 Stanford had Andrew Luck as their QB and went 12-1. Their only loss was to Oregon who lost by 3 points to 14-0 Auburn in the championship. I’d take Stanford. Its kind of crazy to think that they might have two titles by now had Harbaugh stayed.

I wasn’t thinking about Okie State in 2021. That does change the math a bit. I still really with they hadn’t lost that game (don’t we all).

Nope. Pat said those teams didnt have talent

You’re a liar, that’s not what I said. You said they were LOADED with talent and I said they had limited talent.

Stop lying in an effort to support your false narrative !

Here’s the roster for 2010, the one that BK inherited

You said it was LOADED with talent

Start with the QB and identify all the talent for us, especially on defense.

PlayerClassPosSummary
PlayerClassPosSummary
Dayne Crist*JRQB174 Cmp, 294 Att, 2033 Yds, 15 TD
Tommy ReesFRQB100 Cmp, 164 Att, 1106 Yds, 12 TD
Luke MassaFRQB
Nate MontanaJRQB9 Cmp, 18 Att, 116 Yds, 0 TD
Armando Allen*SRRB107 Att, 514 Yds, 4.8 Avg
Patrick CoughlinSRRB
Cierre WoodSORB119 Att, 603 Yds, 5.1 Avg
Robert HughesSRRB68 Att, 300 Yds, 4.4 Avg
Jonas GrayJRRB20 Att, 100 Yds, 5.0 Avg
Theo Riddick*SOWR40 Rec, 414 Yds, 10.4 Avg
Michael Floyd*JRWR79 Rec, 1025 Yds, 13.0 Avg
T.J. Jones*FRWR23 Rec, 306 Yds, 13.3 Avg
T.J. Jones*FRWR23 Rec, 306 Yds, 13.3 Avg
John GoodmanJRWR15 Rec, 146 Yds, 9.7 Avg
Barry Gallup Jr.SRWR
Daniel SmithFRWR
Robby TomaSOWR14 Rec, 187 Yds, 13.4 Avg
Duval KamaraSRWR11 Rec, 112 Yds, 10.2 Avg
Bennett JacksonFRWR
Austin CollinsworthFRWR
Tyler Eifert*SOTE27 Rec, 352 Yds, 13.0 Avg
Kyle RudolphJRTE28 Rec, 328 Yds, 11.7 Avg
Mike RagoneSRTE3 Rec, 32 Yds, 10.7 Avg
Bobby BurgerSRTE
Braxston Cave*JROL
Zack Martin*SOOL
Taylor Dever*OL
Trevor Robinson*OL
Chris Stewart*OL
Jordan CowartSOOL
Matt RomineOL
David RufferSRK
Nick TauschSOK
Ethan Johnson*JRDL
Kapron Lewis-Moore*JRDL
Kerry Neal*SRDL
Ian Williams*SRDL
Sean CwynarJRDL
Emeka NwankwoSRDL
Kona SchwenkeFRDL
Tyler StocktonSODL
Hafis WilliamsJRDL
Carlo Calabrese*SOLB
Manti Te'o*SOLB
Darius Fleming*JRLB
Steve FilerJRLB
Dan FoxSOLB
Anthony McDonaldJRLB
David PoslusznyJRLB
Prince ShemboFRLB
Brian SmithSRLB
Gary Gray*SRDB
Zeke Motta*SODB
Harrison Smith*SRDB
Darrin Walls*SRDB
Michael GarciaSRDB
Dan McCarthyJRDB
Chris SalviSRDB
Lo WoodFRDB
Robert BlantonJRDB
Jamoris SlaughterJRDB
Ben TurkSOP

Kelly never, ever solved the quarterback problem at Notre Dame. It was solved for him at LSU when he arrived. (I'll go as far as to say he created the quarterback problem at ND and lived with it). MF recognizes the deficit that has existed...and he is closing the gap under center. This year will be interesting since Riley is going to be late to the party. But, likewise, the defense is closing the gap too. Freeman has this team within striking distance. This should be a no excuses year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT