ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly not happy with the Team's Prep so far

Get Nasty

I've posted how many times?
Jul 26, 2006
Sounds like ND players haven't been fully committed to this game from a preparation standpoint and he was rather frustrated with them at practice yesterday.

https://theathletic.com/1489872/201...ent-will-notre-dame-be/?source=shared-article

There's a lot going on at ND right now trying to turn the corner to make it a championship caliber team. Playing a 7-5 team in a bowl game at 12pm before the big games doesn't help.

But hey, maybe it's a good sign. I think Kelly was happy with them before the Clemson game last year. ha. I just hope it's not like Georgia vs Texas last year with ND being like Georgia.

Reactions: Kelso86
Sounds like ND players haven't been fully committed to this game from a preparation standpoint and he was rather frustrated with them at practice yesterday.

https://theathletic.com/1489872/201...ent-will-notre-dame-be/?source=shared-article

There's a lot going on at ND right now trying to turn the corner to make it a championship caliber team. Playing a 7-5 team in a bowl game at 12pm before the big games doesn't help.

But hey, maybe it's a good sign. I think Kelly was happy with them before the Clemson game last year. ha. I just hope it's not like Georgia vs Texas last year with ND being like Georgia.
Little late to start now

I can't read the article so don't know exactly what it says, but I read the team looked good and had a lot of hustle at practice somewhere else.

Reactions: Kelso86
very common in games that don't mean a damn thing. Pitt was sleepwalking most of the game last night. see it every year.

This article is two days late, on the day ND arrived in Orlando Coach Kelly gave them a night on the town. He said everybody was back and in bed by the 11:30 curfew. The next day he said the players practice like a bunch that partied the night before, what would you expect? They practiced yesterday and BK was very happy with practice. He said they were all business and focused on Iowa State. We'll see tomorrow.

There is an old saying when it comes to picking winners of bowl games. Pick the team that wants to be there to win and pick the team that doesn't want to be there to lose. ND should be playing Auburn or Oregon or someone of that nature would it not be for all the bowl contracts with the conferences.

Iowa St is likely jacked to be playing ND while on the other hand ND should be be playing in a bowl a lot better than this. So ND is not overly excited to be playing Iowa St. This game could have ugly written all over it.

Reactions: G_a_r_y
There is an old saying when it comes to picking winners of bowl games. Pick the team that wants to be there to win and pick the team that doesn't want to be there to lose. ND should be playing Auburn or Oregon or someone of that nature would it not be for all the bowl contracts with the conferences.

Iowa St is likely jacked to be playing ND while on the other hand ND should be be playing in a bowl a lot better than this. So ND is not overly excited to be playing Iowa St. This game could have ugly written all over it.
How much do you believe in your 'old saying?' How much are you betting ML on ISU?

Some NFL docs suggest that in the good old days players treated the Superbowl like it was just a holiday. Nowadays I assume BB would send someone home if they were 10 minutes late to a team lunch.

How do you measure “Wanting to be there”ness? Is there a scale?

Iowa State can be trouble. I hope Kelly can get them focused

Last edited:

A lot of the fans aren't even committed to the Camping World Bowl against Iowa State. I wouldn't blame the players one bit for looking past this one. They got screwed.

ND didn't get screwed they played there way to this bowl. Let's see if we win this and maybe do better next year that's all we can do as fan's.

Blame the athletic director at Notre Dame for making such a stupid deal with the ACC and bowl games in general.

Reactions: Buguit
This article is two days late, on the day ND arrived in Orlando Coach Kelly gave them a night on the town. He said everybody was back and in bed by the 11:30 curfew. The next day he said the players practice like a bunch that partied the night before, what would you expect? They practiced yesterday and BK was very happy with practice. He said they were all business and focused on Iowa State. We'll see tomorrow.
That means someone won’t be dressing for the game.
Happens every year

very common in games that don't mean a damn thing. Pitt was sleepwalking most of the game last night. see it every year.
This is one of the reasons I rarely bet on bowl games. It's so hard to predict which team will show up to play

Blame the athletic director at Notre Dame for making such a stupid deal with the ACC and bowl games in general.
Yeah, because our bowl option situation was wonderful before the ACC deal? It was terrible, in case you've forgotten.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT