ADVERTISEMENT

Both Qb's to play against Texas.***

when did i ever say being in the shotgun from the two was a "good" idea ? quit making things up to fit your uneducated argument. herbstreit has said its never good using a two qb system for an ENTIRE season. i agree. if he thinks its a mistake for one game i disagree. your position is so weak and reeks of disdain for the head coach. its really simple, both qbs have earned the right to play in the first game of the year as both have been excellent in their practice performance to date. what a horrible situation for notre dame. two and likely three qbs are more than competent to execute the entire playbook.

You need meds ... you can't remember anything I or you said .... talking to an old timer who can't remember what day it is

I never said that you said the shotgun inside the 5 was a good idea .... I said it was a terrible flaw in Kelly's offense and you declined to comment on it .... talking about "not answering questions" .... sheesh .... you are also unable to differentiate total disdain for Kelly from people having trouble with his dumb decisions

I've said COUNTLESS times that Kelly does some things very well .... but at other times can be dumber than a box of rocks ... yes we FINALLY have QB's to choose from in year 5 .... funny how he has now screwed that up as well

You defend EVERY critique of Kelly to the point of sounding stupid .... here we are again

And you bury ND coaches to the point that everyone on this site KNOWS that you are stupid...perhaps you can enlighten us and tell us all your qualifications that make you more of an expert at picking the starting QB for the season opener. Where have you coached football? When was the last time one of your teams went to a national championship game? What team that you coached made it to the Fiesta Bowl? I would like an answer...but you'll just backtrack like you usually do...why should anyone listen to anything you say? Echo has at least coached the sport and played it....all you do is bitch. Is there a coach at ND in any sport that is any good? Maybe you should quit that Dunkin Donuts gig and hand your resume in to the ND AD!

Reactions: Pennick44
You need meds ... you can't remember anything I or you said .... talking to an old timer who can't remember what day it is

I never said that you said the shotgun inside the 5 was a good idea .... I said it was a terrible flaw in Kelly's offense and you declined to comment on it .... talking about "not answering questions" .... sheesh .... you are also unable to differentiate total disdain for Kelly from people having trouble with his dumb decisions

I've said COUNTLESS times that Kelly does some things very well .... but at other times can be dumber than a box of rocks ... yes we FINALLY have QB's to choose from in year 5 .... funny how he has now screwed that up as well

You defend EVERY critique of Kelly to the point of sounding stupid .... here we are again
Why would you ask me to defend something I don't agree with ? I don't care for the philosophy but that doesn't t make it wrong or dumb. You can't get past the hate and be rational. Disagreeing or not liking something doesn't make it wrong. Read more type less or stick to hoops.you're generally wrong there too but just not as much.

Reactions: Bodizephax
And you bury ND coaches to the point that everyone on this site KNOWS that you are stupid...perhaps you can enlighten us and tell us all your qualifications that make you more of an expert at picking the starting QB for the season opener. Where have you coached football? When was the last time one of your teams went to a national championship game? What team that you coached made it to the Fiesta Bowl? I would like an answer...but you'll just backtrack like you usually do...why should anyone listen to anything you say? Echo has at least coached the sport and played it....all you do is bitch. Is there a coach at ND in any sport that is any good? Maybe you should quit that Dunkin Donuts gig and hand your resume in to the ND AD!

Hey!! ... Good to see my #1 fan .... tells us again about how Hawaii is out of the country and has no wifi ..... or maybe about what you call the "black ages"

If you don't read books how can you read my resume? :)

Why would you ask me to defend something I don't agree with ? I don't care for the philosophy but that doesn't t make it wrong or dumb. You can't get past the hate and be rational. Disagreeing or not liking something doesn't make it wrong. Read more type less or stick to hoops.you're generally wrong there too but just not as much.

Don't agree with it? .... now we are getting somewhere .... if you don't want to call it stupid .... fine .... I am though .... every time ND gets in 3rd and short it is now a passing down instead of what should be an almost automatic 1st down ..... a short ydg package would benefit this team immensely and shouldn't be that hard

Told ya he would backtrack and not answer the question. I will take it that you have NEVER coached one down of football in your life...so, why the f..k would anyone listen to anything you say. BK has forgotten more football than you would ever know...Thank God your coaching knowledge isn't responsible for putting food on the table. Be lots of starving people there...loser.

Hey!! ... Good to see my #1 fan .... tells us again about how Hawaii is out of the country and has no wifi ..... or maybe about what you call the "black ages"

If you don't read books how can you read my resume? :)

Reactions: Bodizephax
Told ya he would backtrack and not answer the question. I will take it that you have NEVER coached one down of football in your life...so, why the f..k would anyone listen to anything you say. BK has forgotten more football than you would ever know...Thank God your coaching knowledge isn't responsible for putting food on the table. Be lots of starving people there...loser.

You are the biggest clown show out here .... It's nice you show up once in a while since everyone can use a good laugh .... black ages ..... Hawaii out of the country .... that stuff is too good to make up ...... keep the hate flowing .... and stay classy :)

Kelly's got a bunch of talented WR's and TE's with limited experience. And he's got two QB's that can be effective running the ball. Rotating those QB's early in the season could give you more QB carries a game while the WR's get their feet wet.

You are the biggest clown show out here .... It's nice you show up once in a while since everyone can use a good laugh .... black ages ..... Hawaii out of the country .... that stuff is too good to make up ...... keep the hate flowing .... and stay classy :)

Way to keep backtracking....you are such a lying sack of crap...tell you what....get 5 guys to agree with you and I will stop posting here. Remember your famous line: "Lots of people agree with me." And not ONE poster did in fact agree with you. I wish that thread wasn't deleted. So get 5 guys to agree that they agree with you and I won't post again. I will keep defending ND coaches who not only win, but win big. You keep living the charade that you know anything about sports...my guess is that more people with side with me. Brey and Kelly would clean your clock. The only person who gets laughed at on the site is you....keep making those Boston Cremes..thay are really good. What a loser...

Kelly's got a bunch of talented WR's and TE's with limited experience. And he's got two QB's that can be effective running the ball. Rotating those QB's early in the season could give you more QB carries a game while the WR's get their feet wet.

I rarely worry a lot about new guys coming in .... Usually someone emerges and often in a way you didn't see it coming ..... before Will Fuller started I think people thought he might be good but he was unbelievable

Both Qb's I think can be effective but I think (and most people do) that you need to pick one .... I have the guy I think should clearly be playing but I'd rather he pick one or the other than go with both .... you can't expect a QB to play his best when he has to be looking over his shoulder the whole time and he deserves the chance to get into the flow of the game ..... what are you going to do when one guy gets going? ..... pull him just for the sake of it? .... playing 2 QB's is garbage .... that is what you have spring ball and fall practice for ..... the coach needs to figure it out .... even when it's a tough choice to make

Way to keep backtracking....you are such a lying sack of crap...tell you what....get 5 guys to agree with you and I will stop posting here. Remember your famous line: "Lots of people agree with me." And not ONE poster did in fact agree with you. I wish that thread wasn't deleted. So get 5 guys to agree that they agree with you and I won't post again. I will keep defending ND coaches who not only win, but win big. You keep living the charade that you know anything about sports...my guess is that more people with side with me. Brey and Kelly would clean your clock. The only person who gets laughed at on the site is you....keep making those Boston Cremes..thay are really good. What a loser...

Let's see .... I'm backtracking because I won't post my resume to a psycho angry old guy on a message board? .... hmmmm

Contrary to what you say I've never lied ... not in my programming .... and this from the guy who when ND got bounced in the 1st round suddenly disappeared .... and when he came back told some cockamayme story about his kid getting real sick .... which a few months later became a daughter in a car accident .... do we need to even get into the 4 guys sharing the same office with one computer who talk to each other on the message board ... from the same computer ... in the same room .... WOW!

and ... the "Black Ages" .... and Hawaii ... out of the country with no wifi .... who doesn't KNOW the difference between NO and KNOW .... not the sharpest pencil ... give me your address I'll send my resume right over .... yeah right

Sheesh ... I'm the only guy on this board that has multiple offices of college coaches following his threads on this board .... LOL!

Stay angry and classless .... and dumb (read a book) .... old man :)

Reactions: cavanaugh208
I rarely worry a lot about new guys coming in .... Usually someone emerges and often in a way you didn't see it coming ..... before Will Fuller started I think people thought he might be good but he was unbelievable

Both Qb's I think can be effective but I think (and most people do) that you need to pick one .... I have the guy I think should clearly be playing but I'd rather he pick one or the other than go with both .... you can't expect a QB to play his best when he has to be looking over his shoulder the whole time and he deserves the chance to get into the flow of the game ..... what are you going to do when one guy gets going? ..... pull him just for the sake of it? .... playing 2 QB's is garbage .... that is what you have spring ball and fall practice for ..... the coach needs to figure it out .... even when it's a tough choice to make

Ease up. I'm not lobbying for playing two QB's all season. I'm not saying it a great idea. I'm just considering the ramifications of his decision. Maybe Kelly plans on running the QB more this year. Maybe he has doubts about how ready our receivers are.

If you just think Kelly should make a decision and don't care about anything else, that's cool. I was just looking at a different angle because the other has been thoroughly discussed.

Or we can sit around and bitch about the decision being garbage. That's always interesting.

Reactions: greengael
IMO if they look the same in practice and it comes down to how they play in games ..... Zaire should start .... he is older .... likely more mature .... and Kizer has shown to be more likely to turn it over .... some of his turnovers were god awful

Zaire in limited time threw 4 TD's to ZERO INT's had a higher comp % and yds per catch and had higher yds per carry (even after Kizer's 75 yd TD run)
Kizer threw 21 TD's to 10 INT's

I was very happy with what Kizer did last year all in all .... it helps that none of us were expecting anything .... he's a good QB .... Zaire won the job when they were both healthy and hasn't shown the same susceptibility to bad TO's

All things considered equal .... they're not

Coaching failure .... I'd rather have Kizer named the starter even though I disagree with that choice than have 2 qb's and neither one having a chance to get into the flow of the game and not have to worry about making big plays to keep his job

I missed this response before. It was thoughtful. I'd be inclined to put Zaire on the field first too.

But do you think Kelly should declare Zaire for the entire season? Personally, if you have two very good quarterbacks I don't think that just naming a starter resolves the "looking over your shoulder" problem. I think the only time a QB isn't looking over his shoulder is when he's playing great or the next guy in line sucks.

IMO if they look the same in practice and it comes down to how they play in games ..... Zaire should start .... he is older .... likely more mature .... and Kizer has shown to be more likely to turn it over .... some of his turnovers were god awful

Zaire in limited time threw 4 TD's to ZERO INT's had a higher comp % and yds per catch and had higher yds per carry (even after Kizer's 75 yd TD run)
Kizer threw 21 TD's to 10 INT's

I was very happy with what Kizer did last year all in all .... it helps that none of us were expecting anything .... he's a good QB .... Zaire won the job when they were both healthy and hasn't shown the same susceptibility to bad TO's

All things considered equal .... they're not

Coaching failure .... I'd rather have Kizer named the starter even though I disagree with that choice than have 2 qb's and neither one having a chance to get into the flow of the game and not have to worry about making big plays to keep his job

Good post Bugman ! I like Kizer but he turned it over a lot last year and Malik has not had one turnover yet. I want a QB who does not kill drive with turnovers---
*** That said Kizer may have just been making rookie mistakes and will blossom as a Junior. Much Like Brady Quinn and Jimmy C. blossomed as Juniors (They were both turnover machines as underclassman).

*** I think Kelly knows what he is doing and will try both against Texas and maybe Nevada before choosing one guy if one of them stands out over the other.

*** I think Kelly knows what he is doing and will try both against Texas and maybe Nevada before choosing one guy if one of them stands out over the other.

Kelly certainly knows more than Bugshit, that's for certain!

Nice to see Bugnuthole is still making friends!

New friends ? ... no .... just being trolled by the same angry old men who probably never get out of the house and spew stupidity and anger .... you know ... like you
:)

Ease up. I'm not lobbying for playing two QB's all season. I'm not saying it a great idea. I'm just considering the ramifications of his decision. Maybe Kelly plans on running the QB more this year. Maybe he has doubts about how ready our receivers are.

If you just think Kelly should make a decision and don't care about anything else, that's cool. I was just looking at a different angle because the other has been thoroughly discussed.

Or we can sit around and bitch about the decision being garbage. That's always interesting.

Didn't mean to imply you were lobbying for the whole season or even that it was a good idea.... the thought of using 2 QB's to allow more carries by the Qb's bears some logic .... RB's get beat up over time with carries ... Qb's will too .... there's logic to it ... IMO it doesn't supersede the importance of letting one QB lead, and get into the flow of a game

I missed this response before. It was thoughtful. I'd be inclined to put Zaire on the field first too.

But do you think Kelly should declare Zaire for the entire season? Personally, if you have two very good quarterbacks I don't think that just naming a starter resolves the "looking over your shoulder" problem. I think the only time a QB isn't looking over his shoulder is when he's playing great or the next guy in line sucks.

Agree, I don't feel any QB should feel like their starting spot is set in stone .... none the less, the ground under you can't be any more shaky when you are playing two .... the position is stressful enough without worrying, "if I throw a pick on this play, don't score, or don't make a big play here I'm going to be on the bench." ... and immediately

Reactions: IRISHJD98

Kelly certainly knows more than Bugshit, that's for certain!

Bring on some of your other aliases .... you need some manufactured help ... all you got? :D

New friends ? ... no .... just being trolled by the same angry old men who probably never get out of the house and spew stupidity and anger .... you know ... like you
:)
Angry? Old man? I think not Negative Nelly! But you have a nice day Ms Sunshine!

Agree, I don't feel any QB should feel like their starting spot is set in stone .... none the less, the ground under you can't be any more shaky when you are playing two .... the position is stressful enough without worrying, "if I throw a pick on this play, don't score, or don't make a big play here I'm going to be on the bench." ... and immediately

I guess we'll have to see how Kelly handles that. Even he acknowledged managing that particular scenario is a challenge.

Hey stupid...I don't have any other aliases...but you go on believing it all you want. What I do know is you are a LIAR...just go back and check out the thread where "ND Hires a New Head Coach"...it's about 9 pages back on this site. You will see where a poster...IrishJohn said some thing to another poster. You immediately called him out...this is after you made a statement on a thread that has since been deleted where you stated, and I quote, "I never come on this site and call anyone out. I only come on this site to defend myself from someone looking to pick a fight." Those were your exact words...so that makes you a LIAR as well as a piece of garbage. As far as not posting your resume...YOU CAN"T..cuz you don't got one. You've never, ever stepped on a field or a court...ever...so stop masquerading like you know coaching...cuz you don't know squat. Your nothing but a barstool ballbuster...it's all you've ever been and will ever be. Now get back to making those donuts!!! :cool::rolleyes::mad:

Reactions: Irishjohn68
Hey stupid...I don't have any other aliases...but you go on believing it all you want. What I do know is you are a LIAR...just go back and check out the thread where "ND Hires a New Head Coach"...it's about 9 pages back on this site. You will see where a poster...IrishJohn said some thing to another poster. You immediately called him out...this is after you made a statement on a thread that has since been deleted where you stated, and I quote, "I never come on this site and call anyone out. I only come on this site to defend myself from someone looking to pick a fight." Those were your exact words...so that makes you a LIAR as well as a piece of garbage. As far as not posting your resume...YOU CAN"T..cuz you don't got one. You've never, ever stepped on a field or a court...ever...so stop masquerading like you know coaching...cuz you don't know squat. Your nothing but a barstool ballbuster...it's all you've ever been and will ever be. Now get back to making those donuts!!! :cool::rolleyes::mad:
LOL!

Reactions: cavanaugh208
The thread is actually on page 5 of this site...check it out. You said something to CGVR and look who calls you out, after he makes a statement that he never calls anyone out....dude is a lying sack of crap...could it be that CGVR and Larva Lips are one and the same?

I wish we had MODS who would lock this shit and ban some people as I will never get back the last couple of minutes scrolling to find out something about dual QB's.

Thank God to the one poster who mentioned inexperienced WR's and TE's and QB's extending plays with their legs otherwise just a bunch of immature bitching and whining

Reactions: Irishjohn68
Angry? Old man? I think not Negative Nelly! But you have a nice day Ms Sunshine!
\

C'mon .... are you saying you're young and act like an angry old know nothing .... I don't know which is more sad .... I'm skeptical :rolleyes:

You keep making stuff up .... sad when all you have are lies ...... funy thing is you are so bad at it

'I don't GOT one?" .... you meant 'I don't HAVE one ..... read a book for Crissakes! ... liar .... hard to feel bad for you being so angry when you come looking for pissing contests ... :)

\

C'mon .... are you saying you're young and act like an angry old know nothing .... I don't know which is more sad .... I'm skeptical :rolleyes:
I just like to get under your skin. If you think 47 is old, whatever. And the only angry posters here is you and cgvr. You calling me angry is laughable. :p

I just like to get under your skin. If you think 47 is old, whatever. And the only angry posters here is you and cgvr. You calling me angry is laughable. :p

As much as you try ... you wish you could get under half the board's skin ..... we know ... that is kind of hard to do when you never have a point .... call everyone stupid but never explain why .... ummmm ..... OK?

Angry?? ... you??? ... I think so ... you are the one who follows me around like a lap dog .... like on this thread .... you obviously care .... in an angry way :)

As much as you try ... you wish you could get under half the board's skin ..... we know ... that is kind of hard to do when you never have a point .... call everyone stupid but never explain why .... ummmm ..... OK?

Angry?? ... you??? ... I think so ... you are the one who follows me around like a lap dog .... like on this thread .... you obviously care .... in an angry way :)
I have never called anyone on this board stupid. I darn you to find one time that I have every called anyone but you (and cvgr) stupid! Go on mental midget!

Have you noticed no one has any respect for you! Really have you noticed. I have noticed you pick a lot of fights with other board posters. But you keep trying to make friends. One of these days you might get one.

BTW, if I bother you so much go ahead and put me on ignore.

I have never called anyone on this board stupid. I darn you to find one time that I have every called anyone but you (and cvgr) stupid! Go on mental midget!

Have you noticed no one has any respect for you! Really have you noticed. I have noticed you pick a lot of fights with other board posters. But you keep trying to make friends. One of these days you might get one.

First off ... liar .... 2nd of all .... "all these so-called" people you would be referring to? ... would be the usual collection of angry dumb old men ..... that "everyone" ? .... Thirdly .... I don't spend time worrying about the number of cyber-friends I could make ... I live in the real world .... try getting out of the house sometime

And sheesh .... could that post be any more angry?? .... :)

BTW, if I bother you so much go ahead and put me on ignore.

That might be good advice for yourself .... as for myself .... I don't sweat you in the least .... that should be obvious for obvious reasons ... duh .... feel free to keep following me around though ... :)

Not from an injury standpoint but a lefty vs. right QB certainly has an impact on the OL. I thought you were a football coach? Guess not. Gym teacher is about right.
hey clown ? the discussion was the potential increase of injuries to o-lineman based on a qb change. guess you forgot to read that part huh ? what a dope.

I find it a highly entertaining exercise to guess who the other side of this argument is. When you have approx. 10 posters on ignore you do tend to get only one side. Guess which side is on ignore.[smile] By the way in the shotgun the dexterity of the Q.B. is not as important for blindside protection as when the Q.B. is under center. Someone has probably pointed this out but I'm not going back three pages to check. GO IRISH!

All these dudes stuck in the 1970's and 1980's questioning about being in the Shot Gun inside the 5. Did it make sense in the 70's and 80's to be under center when you were in 3rd and 20 and the whole stadium knew you had to pass?

Let me refresh your memories a bit. In the 2011 night game against USC. Trailing 17-10 Dayne Crist replaces Tommy Rees and lead ND on a long drive all the way inside the USC 5 yard line, All out of the Shot Gun. ND goes "under center" in side the 5. Crist fumbles, USC scoops and scores on a 90+ yard fumble return. Game over, Commit to a philosophy, do what you do best and live with it. Conventional wisdom is usually wrong.

All these dudes stuck in the 1970's and 1980's questioning about being in the Shot Gun inside the 5. Did it make sense in the 70's and 80's to be under center when you were in 3rd and 20 and the whole stadium knew you had to pass?

Let me refresh your memories a bit. In the 2011 night game against USC. Trailing 17-10 Dayne Crist replaces Tommy Rees and lead ND on a long drive all the way inside the USC 5 yard line, All out of the Shot Gun. ND goes "under center" in side the 5. Crist fumbles, USC scoops and scores on a 90+ yard fumble return. Game over, Commit to a philosophy, do what you do best and live with it. Conventional wisdom is usually wrong.

Are you saying because Crist fumbled the snap that being in the shotgun inside the 5 is a good thing and under center is worse ? .... Doesn't matter? .... that one play proves it??? .... I'm looking for the wisdom in this .... I guess Lou Holtz was dumb for using the Power T .... of course he probably considered more than one play on one drive to decide where his better odds were

Then how did it become Conventional?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT