ADVERTISEMENT

Both Qb's to play against Texas.***

"Uh, umm, uh umm, uhh umm, uh, umm...execution...."

Mistake # 1 for potty mouth. "I'm indecisive". (It'll be interesting to see who takes the field first.)

Mistake # 2 may likely be winning the toss and electing to receive...

Reactions: football1irish
May actually be the best way to evaluate them. Apparently, they have not separated themselves in practice, and if they are some of your better playmakers, and if there is no material drop-off between the 2---then go for it.

Also -- this could really help Kelly to settle on 1 vs. the other as the season progresses.

I really don't like this idea. Having a 2 QB system is seldom successful over the course of a season. To be fair, Kelly only said he'll do this for the Texas game and go from there.

May actually be the best way to evaluate them. Apparently, they have not separated themselves in practice, and if they are some of your better playmakers, and if there is no material drop-off between the 2---then go for it.

Also -- this could really help Kelly to settle on 1 vs. the other as the season progresses.
I'd bet a lot of money that the players know who should start....
The new wrinkle will be dopey hitting his arm signalling, "bring in the righty"...

Reactions: football1irish
I can still see Kelly in the HBO series talking to Zaire's parents after the Virginia game telling them not to worry and that the QB position still belongs to their son .... phbtttt !

Reactions: end_23
I can still see Kelly in the HBO series talking to Zaire's parents after the Virginia game telling them not to worry and that the QB position still belongs to their son .... phbtttt !
That was an extremely emotional moment and for the life of me I don't know why kelly said what he did..... At the time I saw it all I could think was, "Nooooooo."

Reactions: end_23
It is Kizer's job to lose. He will start vs Texas. If he struggles then Kelly can yank him at half. All the other hype is just designed to keep MZ from transferring this
season. Maybe if ND is blowing out Texas then MZ gets some 4th qtr reps.

Things can change Buguit. Except for your obsession with Coach Brey and cgmr's obsession with Coach Kelly. Those two things never change.

He's the coach and he knows his job. But I totally disagree with playing 2 QBs. It rarely works. Pick one and stick with him , whoever that is. QBs need to get into a rhythm when playing. That's hard to do when your waiting to be called to the sideline. If he's trying to keep both happy, he won't. He should just name the starter and that's it. If the backup doesn't like it, oh well that's the way goes. But to me, playing 2, unless out of need, is a mistake.

I said to a few friends of mine in Philly a few months ago that there was no way Kelly would hand one of those guys a red cap in Game One . Let's see how this plays out -- Music Bowl v LSU was fun to watch

btw prepping for the Irish just became a black hole for UT's DC.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I'm gonna laugh when Wimbush finishes the season as the starter and takes a 6-2 Irish to 11-2 and everyone says why wasn't he starting from day 1.

It is Kizer's job to lose. He will start vs Texas. If he struggles then Kelly can yank him at half. All the other hype is just designed to keep MZ from transferring this
season. Maybe if ND is blowing out Texas then MZ gets some 4th qtr reps.
lol now thats stupid....

I really don't like this idea. Having a 2 QB system is seldom successful over the course of a season. To be fair, Kelly only said he'll do this for the Texas game and go from there.
He didn't say he would do that all season. He said he's doing it against Texas and I think it's giving him a fair evaluation in a game situation.

The fact that the brainless cvgr doesn't like the decision makes me feel very confident that this is the right move.
Unfortunately, Zaire made the call. Feel free to disagree with the most electric qb ND has seen in years....

I don't like it. MZ is a lefty and Kizer is a righty. I think it increases the opportunity for injury for our linemen. I'm sure, and I hope, I'm wrong.

Go Irish!

What do you expect out of a liberal politician like Kelly? He'll say anything.

"Uh, umm, uh umm, uhh umm, uh, umm...execution...."

Mistake # 1 for potty mouth. "I'm indecisive". (It'll be interesting to see who takes the field first.)

Mistake # 2 may likely be winning the toss and electing to receive...
sad and pathetic.

I'd bet a lot of money that the players know who should start....
The new wrinkle will be dopey hitting his arm signalling, "bring in the righty"...
HOORAY ! you finally got something right. players do know. my guess is kelly is 100% right doing it this way for the texas game. name calling is the weapon of the weak an uneducated.

He's the coach and he knows his job. But I totally disagree with playing 2 QBs. It rarely works. Pick one and stick with him , whoever that is. QBs need to get into a rhythm when playing. That's hard to do when your waiting to be called to the sideline. If he's trying to keep both happy, he won't. He should just name the starter and that's it. If the backup doesn't like it, oh well that's the way goes. But to me, playing 2, unless out of need, is a mistake.
it's never ideal but time will tell.

Reactions: greengael
The fact that the brainless cvgr doesn't like the decision makes me feel very confident that this is the right move.
yeah but kelly could cure cancer, wipe out isis and provide cvgr with a billion dollars tax free and he'd still resort to grade school name calling. its what losers do.

zaire should shut the hell up.

I was going ask the board here what they think of Zaire's comments -- can they divide the locker room? On one hand, I like his competitiveness and wanting to play, but, depending on how you read some of his comments, could lead another way.

I understand the frustration (probably a little with Kizer as well) -- but, this may be the one time that both QB's have a chance to separate themselves against live competition.

yeah but kelly could cure cancer, wipe out isis and provide cvgr with a billion dollars tax free and he'd still resort to grade school name calling. its what losers do.

Mr Potato Head couldn't get the right number of guys on the field to start a season.
That was a Doozy... Our offense will be rotating all over the place. Yay for us.... As usual, our players will just have to find a way to overcome his incompetence.

Mr Potato Head couldn't get the right number of guys on the field to start a season.
That was a Doozy... Our offense will be rotating all over the place. Yay for us.... As usual, our players will just have to find a way to overcome his incompetence.
clueless as always.

Kelly has a nationally renown PHD in name calling. Also, it's not name calling. It's accurate.

yes because EVERYTHING is exactly the same since then. gotta be great being as totally clueless about two sports as you are.

Clueless? Tell us how a 2 QB system is good ..... spring ball and fall practice and we are nowhere ..... incompetence .... I understand B Kelly has never made a bad decision according to you .... what does that tell you .... you ? ... nothing .... the rest of us .... all we need to know ..... par for the course

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT