ADVERTISEMENT

Both Qb's to play against Texas.***

Clueless? Tell us how a 2 QB system is good ..... spring ball and fall practice and we are nowhere ..... incompetence .... I understand B Kelly has never made a bad decision according to you .... what does that tell you .... you ? ... nothing .... the rest of us .... all we need to know ..... par for the course

He's not Coach 8 & 4 for nothing. Months and months of watching and he still can't figure it out. Give 8 & 4 time and he'll ruin both of them.

Reactions: cgvr
For what its worth, Eric Hansen said today on his radio show that he co-hosts on WSBT that he feels DK is the best offensive player we have. He also said Tori is really really good and Miles Boykin is a real potential up and comer. This by the practice sessions that Eric has attended.

Can you explain this?

Sure, I'll give it a try. It was explained to me by a gal, who every ND fan knows and loves, whose son played for ND and in the league. You all know his name. I'm just passing on how it was explained to me, and it made sense. Sorry if I don't explain completely. This conversation happened a few years ago.

The way she put it, with the lefty he is going to roll left more often because it is to his strength. So the line, TE's, RB's etc blocking in practice all day long work with this player and they build up strength etc moving left on most plays.

Now you bring in the righty and all of a sudden, they are primarily moving right on every play. That strength is not there and they are not as adept at moving right on every play.

This leads to a potential for more injuries.

Go Irish!

Clueless? Tell us how a 2 QB system is good ..... spring ball and fall practice and we are nowhere ..... incompetence .... I understand B Kelly has never made a bad decision according to you .... what does that tell you .... you ? ... nothing .... the rest of us .... all we need to know ..... par for the course
comprehension not your strong suit. it's ONE game. both players have earned the right to play. have you ever participated in a team sport ?

Sure, I'll give it a try. It was explained to me by a gal, who every ND fan knows and loves, whose son played for ND and in the league. You all know his name. I'm just passing on how it was explained to me, and it made sense. Sorry if I don't explain completely. This conversation happened a few years ago.

The way she put it, with the lefty he is going to roll left more often because it is to his strength. So the line, TE's, RB's etc blocking in practice all day long work with this player and they build up strength etc moving left on most plays.

Now you bring in the righty and all of a sudden, they are primarily moving right on every play. That strength is not there and they are not as adept at moving right on every play.

This leads to a potential for more injuries.

Go Irish!
it wasn't an issue last year. no reason to think it will be this year. the injury argument is ridiculous.

Reactions: greengael
You can have your opinion. But you can't have your own facts. Injuries were a BIG problem last year at ND. BIG.

I don't know how many of your kids started all 4 years for Lou on the DL, then played in the NFL. Or how many times Lou came to your house to do magic tricks. So your opinion is that of an anonymous internet poster and as such, weighs little. Especially when your facts are nonsense.

You can have your opinion. But you can't have your own facts. Injuries were a BIG problem last year at ND. BIG.

I don't know how many of your kids started all 4 years for Lou on the DL, then played in the NFL. Or how many times Lou came to your house to do magic tricks. So your opinion is that of an anonymous internet poster and as such, weighs little. Especially when your facts are nonsense.

From dunderhead's presser on the 17th....

Q. What are some traits that you look for in camp?
COACH KELLY: Nothing. I'm concerned. They are all young. I mean, I'm concerned with every one of them. Torii Hunter, how many catches -- where is my resident stat guy? How many catches? 35? He's had 35 catches.

So I mean, they are all suspects to me, you know. So they all have to go out and prove themselves. Having said that, it does me no good to worry about it; but to coach it and develop it during practice and get them ready. They are all capable of doing it, but I'm concerned about all of them, because none of them have really had a full year of production yet.

So it's just a matter of going out there every single day and building their confidence and building their mental toughness. But that's the biggest thing with the young receivers is they are all sore right now. They are all tired. All their hamstrings hurt, you know, and they are playing hurt for the first time. Every practice that they go out there, they are about 75 percent, and they want to be 100 percent.

And so we are going through that whole process of, hey, you got to fight through this. So that's the process we are in, and we'll get them through it. But they are all suspects right now.

claiming that injuries could increase along the o-line going from a right handed qb to a left handed one is idiocy.

Reactions: greengael
From dunderhead's presser on the 17th....

Q. What are some traits that you look for in camp?
COACH KELLY: Nothing. I'm concerned. They are all young. I mean, I'm concerned with every one of them. Torii Hunter, how many catches -- where is my resident stat guy? How many catches? 35? He's had 35 catches.

So I mean, they are all suspects to me, you know. So they all have to go out and prove themselves. Having said that, it does me no good to worry about it; but to coach it and develop it during practice and get them ready. They are all capable of doing it, but I'm concerned about all of them, because none of them have really had a full year of production yet.

So it's just a matter of going out there every single day and building their confidence and building their mental toughness. But that's the biggest thing with the young receivers is they are all sore right now. They are all tired. All their hamstrings hurt, you know, and they are playing hurt for the first time. Every practice that they go out there, they are about 75 percent, and they want to be 100 percent.

And so we are going through that whole process of, hey, you got to fight through this. So that's the process we are in, and we'll get them through it. But they are all suspects right now.
yeah, so ?

claiming that injuries could increase along the o-line going from a right handed qb to a left handed one is idiocy.

I'm not going to get into a name calling argument with you. I'll leave that to you and the trolls. But you're an anonymous internet poster whose arguments include 'that's idiocy' and 'ND did not have injuries last year'.

So, I'll leave it at that.

Not sure it was possible but you know less about football than you do basketball.

Says the cantankerous old guy who never .... never ..... posts anything of value .... calls everything stupid but can never say why .... go ahead and tell us how 2 qb's are better than 1 ..... :rolleyes:

I'm not going to get into a name calling argument with you. I'll leave that to you and the trolls. But you're an anonymous internet poster whose arguments include 'that's idiocy' and 'ND did not have injuries last year'.

So, I'll leave it at that.
where did i say nd never had injuries last year ? all i said was the switching to a right handed qb last year from a left handed one was not an issue for the o-line and did not cause injuries. your comprehension is missing. the opinion that it does IS idiocy.

comprehension not your strong suit. it's ONE game. both players have earned the right to play. have you ever participated in a team sport ?

Comprehension? ...... How many games are in the regular season? .... Is Texas one of them? .... Should there be a starting QB? .... Did we have spring ball and Fall practice? ....... What is best for the team? ..... duh ..... I've seen guys who play sports who are also dumb as a box of rocks :eek:

one game.

That one game coincidentally is part of the regular season ..... if it's ok to keep trying to decide who the starting QB is with one .... why not 3 games ... it's just 3 ... why not all the way thru the season .... 2 qb's earned the right? .... let's rationalize how to screw up this season ..... spring and fall ball apparently wasted on QB's ..... no closer to a starter ..... chicken crap

Comprehension? ...... How many games are in the regular season? .... Is Texas one of them? .... Should there be a starting QB? .... Did we have spring ball and Fall practice? ....... What is best for the team? ..... duh ..... I've seen guys who play sports who are also dumb as a box of rocks :eek:
there will be a starting qb. both have earned the right to play and they will. what is best for the team certainly changes from week to week based on many, many things. kelly has determined that whats best is both qb's play in week one. big deal. both are more than capable of executing the offense. not sure why the decision for game one is an issue for some. i think they did have spring and fall practice last time i checked. what has that got to do with it ? both qbs by all reports are practicing at a very high level. one would think that a TRUE notre dame fan would be thrilled with that report.

switching to a right handed qb last year from a left handed one was not an issue for the o-line and did not cause injuries

There is no doubt you're a genius as you've figured out what caused the injuries to happen to the team.

How many of your kids played 4 years on the DL for Lou and then played in the league? I may be an idiot, but I'm only parroting back what a friend told me. And her kid did start all 4 years. Without being injured I might add.

So, an anonymous internet poster who spends his day insulting others, or my friend? I'm going with my friend. I was asked to explain by a poster why I felt the way I did and explained as best I could. Please save your abuse for your other trolls. You have ZERO credibility.

You're opinion is definitely true for xbox and PS4.

That one game coincidentally is part of the regular season ..... if it's ok to keep trying to decide who the starting QB is with one .... why not 3 games ... it's just 3 ... why not all the way thru the season .... 2 qb's earned the right? .... let's rationalize how to screw up this season ..... spring and fall ball apparently wasted on QB's ..... no closer to a starter ..... chicken crap
another example of your enormous lack of knowledge about the game.

There is no doubt you're a genius as you've figured out what caused the injuries to happen to the team.

How many of your kids played 4 years on the DL for Lou and then played in the league? I may be an idiot, but I'm only parroting back what a friend told me. And her kid did start all 4 years. Without being injured I might add.

So, an anonymous internet poster who spends his day insulting others, or my friend? I'm going with my friend. I was asked to explain by a poster why I felt the way I did and explained as best I could. Please save your abuse for your other trolls. You have ZERO credibility.

You're opinion is definitely true for xbox and PS4.
please show an example where the switch to a different handed qb was the cause of an injury to an o-lineman. my god man can't you read at all ? i played the position with qbs both right and left handed. didn't matter. been coaching it too going on 20 years. i know what i speak as fact.

Ok, let me start with a list of all the previous ND left handed QB's.

1. shakespeare?

Ok, let me start with a list of all the previous ND left handed QB's.

1. shakespeare?
what the hell does that have to do with it ? zaire is left handed. i take offense to the ridiculous notion that different handed qbs can cause injury to an o lineman. preposterous.

what the hell does that have to do with it ? zaire is left handed. i take offense to the ridiculous notion that different handed qbs can cause injury to an o lineman. preposterous.

We've discussed your 20 years coaching. You obviously work in the public school system. If you were at my school, or any of my kids schools, you would not have made it past year 1.

We've discussed your 20 years coaching. You obviously work in the public school system. If you were at my school, or any of my kids schools, you would not have made it past year 1.
wanna bet ? they'd be fortunate to have me.

Why would you allow the opposing defense to prepare for one qb by announcing the starter 2wks before the game when you can force them to prepare for a left hand offence and a right hand offence. Kelly will make a decision when it best benefits the team.

I really don't like this idea. Having a 2 QB system is seldom successful over the course of a season. To be fair, Kelly only said he'll do this for the Texas game and go from there.
This is a white lie. Zaire is way too athletic to be on the sidelines and Kizer is probably the better overall QB.
This will NOT be the only time these players rotate.

Typical .... I'd say please explain why but I know you would've if you could've .... "it's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it is impossible with a stupid one."

Kirk Herbstreit apparently knows nothing either

http://notredame.247sports.com/Bolt...-on-Notre-Dame-quarterback-situation-46876691
Kirk is correct that if that 2 qb system is used over the entire season, then it does more harm than good. Using it for a game or at times it can be a huge positive.

Reactions: echowaker
How's this for a quote .......... "Dayne Crist will be our starter for the entire season?"

LOL!
yes i remember that one. has absolutely nothing to do with what is currently happening. that said dayne crist has only dayne crist to blame. i'm sure kelly had that as his intention but crists poor performance forced him to go in a different direction. something wrong with that ? you weren't able to answer the initial question were you ? not a surprise. keep making stuff up.

yes i remember that one. has absolutely nothing to do with what is currently happening. that said dayne crist has only dayne crist to blame. i'm sure kelly had that as his intention but crists poor performance forced him to go in a different direction. something wrong with that ? you weren't able to answer the initial question were you ? not a surprise. keep making stuff up.

Part of your stupified argument is based on Kelly saying this "messed up" qb situation is only for one game .... you apparently take that as 100% truth ..... the Crist quote has everything to do with your claims .... he is guaranteeing he will have an epiphany in game 1? ..... really ???? .... the guy apparently can change his mind as often as his underwear

For a guy who never answers other's questions .... your remarks are once again head scratchers ... I'm still waiting for your response on how being in a shotgun formation in 3rd and goal from the 2 is a good formation/play set. LOL!

So to respond .... I say ... show me where I ever said it was just about 1 game .... you don't appreciate the importance of all regular season games or the importance of using spring ball and fall practice for what it is designed for

Constant defelecting ..... you never commented on Herbstreit's remarks either ..... you didn't like that? :)

How's this for a quote .......... "Dayne Crist will be our starter for the entire season?"

LOL!

In hindsight that looked like a pretty dumb thing to say.

So do you think Kelly should declare Zaire or Kizer the starter for the entire season, or just for Texas?

Part of your stupified argument is based on Kelly saying this "messed up" qb situation is only for one game .... you apparently take that as 100% truth ..... the Crist quote has everything to do with your claims .... he is guaranteeing he will have an epiphany in game 1? ..... really ???? .... the guy apparently can change his mind as often as his underwear

For a guy who never answers other's questions .... your remarks are once again head scratchers ... I'm still waiting for your response on how being in a shotgun formation in 3rd and goal from the 2 is a good formation/play set. LOL!

So to respond .... I say ... show me where I ever said it was just about 1 game .... you don't appreciate the importance of all regular season games or the importance of using spring ball and fall practice for what it is designed for

Constant defelecting ..... you never commented on Herbstreit's remarks either ..... you didn't like that? :)
when did i ever say being in the shotgun from the two was a "good" idea ? quit making things up to fit your uneducated argument. herbstreit has said its never good using a two qb system for an ENTIRE season. i agree. if he thinks its a mistake for one game i disagree. your position is so weak and reeks of disdain for the head coach. its really simple, both qbs have earned the right to play in the first game of the year as both have been excellent in their practice performance to date. what a horrible situation for notre dame. two and likely three qbs are more than competent to execute the entire playbook.

In hindsight that looked like a pretty dumb thing to say.

So do you think Kelly should declare Zaire or Kizer the starter for the entire season, or just for Texas?

IMO if they look the same in practice and it comes down to how they play in games ..... Zaire should start .... he is older .... likely more mature .... and Kizer has shown to be more likely to turn it over .... some of his turnovers were god awful

Zaire in limited time threw 4 TD's to ZERO INT's had a higher comp % and yds per catch and had higher yds per carry (even after Kizer's 75 yd TD run)
Kizer threw 21 TD's to 10 INT's

I was very happy with what Kizer did last year all in all .... it helps that none of us were expecting anything .... he's a good QB .... Zaire won the job when they were both healthy and hasn't shown the same susceptibility to bad TO's

All things considered equal .... they're not

Coaching failure .... I'd rather have Kizer named the starter even though I disagree with that choice than have 2 qb's and neither one having a chance to get into the flow of the game and not have to worry about making big plays to keep his job

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT