ADVERTISEMENT

12-0

Of course they have a chance; if The Citadel can be tied with Alabama at half time then yes Notre Dame can win a playoff game.

But yeah......they are PROBABLY going to lose by 2 TD's. At best.

But this has unfortunately been ND for the last 25 years. Good enough to make you wonder if they're good enough, then they get a chance to prove it and they get blown out. There's no reason to think anything else will happen until it happens.

Still though, I'd rather be 12-0 than 8-4. So whatever lol. But honestly I'd be content with them losing by 7 or less to Clemson or 14 or less to Alabama. Hell, 17 even.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
They’ll show up in the playoff. When they show up ( Syracuse) good things happen.

I honestly think they expected SC to roll over. Too much talent and self respect to roll over.

Can they beat Bama? I doubt it. I don’t think anyone can but I truly believe they can beat Clemson.

Who knows: maybe half the Bama team will get arrested over break.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
I truly believe that Kelly is not a good enough coach to win against teams with superior talent; he cannot out coach the best like Saban and Meyer.

Now I think ND starters can stack up pretty well against Clemson and Bama, but our depth is poor in most positions.

And when you add the fact that Kelly is not at a level of Saban and several others and there you have it.

BUT on the other hand Dan Devine was not a great coach and got a NC here.

However that 77 team was as talented as any ND team has been with the exceptions of the 47-49 teams.

Still we have a shot.

Reactions: baron100
I have a feeling this isn’t over yet. The committee will put ND at #4 next Sunday.

If our Defense can keep the score low ,as it has all season, we can certainly compete and win !
Defense !Defense ! Defense !

Reactions: HarlemIrish
I truly believe that Kelly is not a good enough coach to win against teams with superior talent; he cannot out coach the best like Saban and Meyer.

Now I think ND starters can stack up pretty well against Clemson and Bama, but our depth is poor in most positions.

And when you add the fact that Kelly is not at a level of Saban and several others and there you have it.

BUT on the other hand Dan Devine was not a great coach and got a NC here.

However that 77 team was as talented as any ND team has been with the exceptions of the 47-49 teams.

Still we have a shot.

Most if not all coaches can't win against teams with superior talent. When has Saban or Meyer been w/o superior talent?

Reactions: notredamerises23
I have a feeling this isn’t over yet. The committee will put ND at #4 next Sunday.
who would they put above our irish if they move them down. Oklahoma has a high school defense and the buckeyes got a beatdown by a 5 loss Purdue team. you could be right but I just don't see any of those two passing us and plus Alabama and Georgia play this upcoming Saturday and so again I just don't know who will pas our irish up in the last playoff poll next sunday

People saying BK can’t coach are hilarious.
He has THREE POWER 5 UNDEFEATED REGULAR SEASONS IN 10 SEASONS.
(And an undefeated national championship season in 2002 below FBS).

And he is doing at a place you are hindered to a point in recruiting & discipline.

Man, people were just chomping at the bit to come out and lash out at Kelly or whomever for....going 12-0? There are posters who posted hundreds if not thousands of times in the last few years who haven’t posted at all this year after the season Kelly has produced.

Look, Alabama is a generational team. It will take a perfect game and some luck to best them. We’ll be 7 points+ underdogs against Clemson. But we don’t have to win a best of 5 or 7 game series. Just one game to get to the title game. Of course this team has a shot.

They certainly have the evidence to support them if they choose to do so.
Rivalry games quite often have surprises. And are a lot closer then the odds many times as we have seen IN OTHER GAMES TODAY.

So why would any logical person ignore THAT factor?

and I feel we have no chance. Am I the only one?

Tell that to Villanova vs Hoya Paranoia! Tell That to the Red Sox down 3-0! Tell that to the Chicago Cubs. No question Saban is a modern day juggernaut not seen since the Rockne/Wooden. BUT the game still has to be played. Look at USC tonight, those players came out with pride. At the end of the day they are stud players out of HS who aren't just gonna lay down like bums.

12 and 0 with two games left to play this season. Orange Bowl then back to California.

A chance against Bama? Slim

Everyone else, absolutely.

While I believe Bama is above everyone else too... can anybody tell me what the SEC's biggest non-conference win is this year? It's either Washington, Miami, Purdue or Georgia Tech. That's it. That is the only wins v. P5 teams that are going to bowls.

We played like crap yesterday and came out flat. The team was most likely exhausted from all the traveling and Academic rigors. Many posters were concerned about the scheduling and how it would affect the team. Kelly alluded to this during his post-game interview. But we won against a tough rival.

So, if ND is rested and plays a great game they can beat Clemson. Bama, not so sure but miracles do happen. That is why they play the games.

We played like crap yesterday and came out flat. The team was most likely exhausted from all the traveling and Academic rigors. Many posters were concerned about the scheduling and how it would affect the team. Kelly alluded to this during his post-game interview. But we won against a tough rival.

So, if ND is rested and plays a great game they can beat Clemson. Bama, not so sure but miracles do happen. That is why they play the games.
IF Kelly gets the team fully prepared and ready, and if our players play their best then we can beat anyone. Lots of IF's of course.

USC played fast, lots of short quick passes to start the game. Wasn't JT something like 22 of 26 in the first half with 230 or so yards in the first half?

The fact that people are on this board posting complaints after this team went 12-0, traveling the way they did, with bookend wins against Michigan and SC is astonishing. We’ve come a long way baby

While I believe Bama is above everyone else too... can anybody tell me what the SEC's biggest non-conference win is this year? It's either Washington, Miami, Purdue or Georgia Tech. That's it. That is the only wins v. P5 teams that are going to bowls.
Last yr it was 1 ND. 2. Fresno St

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT