ADVERTISEMENT

Staff Promotions

The loyal soldier, Mike Elston, has added a few titles to his D- line. He is now the Recruiting Coordinator (again) and the Run Game Coordinator.
Brian Pollan has added Associate Head Coach to his Special Teams title.
I have no idea what or how these new titles will benefit the program. I was kind of surprised Pollan got the Assistant HC title. It's no surprise that Elston was rewarded for being passed over as DC
Reactions: Kelso86

2021 starting WR thread

Okay, since no one else is going to, who's our starting WRs next year? I'm going to go, obviously, with Avery Davis, who's not only a returning starter, but definitely looks the part as well. I don't now if he'll be our #1 target, but I'm guessing a rock-solid, season-long starter.

And then I will go with Kevin Austin. I have to admire the guy for sticking with ND this long, rather than transferring when he easily could have maybe even should have, so that's good. He's definitely paid his dues and then some by this point. Obviously he's a former elite recruit that was fawned over by fans as a future star. That may never come to pass, but if he can simply stay eligible and un-injured, I don't see why he can't be next in the line of Javon, Boykin, etc, as a former elite recruit who patiently waited his turn and dealt with whatever he had to deal with as a younger player, before finally seizing the opportunity as a senior. So yeah, Kevin Austin.

Have no idea who to pick for the last spot so I'll go with Jordan Johnson, or Lawrence Keys, and maybe Davis can move outside. Wilkins doesn't move the needle too much. And I've never been much of an admirer of Lenzy. As far as Brunelle, Watts, who knows? And for freshman, I will happily throw in Styles as a legit dark horse true frosh starter possibility. So outside of Davis, it looks like it will be wide open, and I'm really hoping that at least Austin pulls it together and nails down one of the other spots.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT