ADVERTISEMENT

Tommy Rees: Cleveland Browns

Tommy will probably be a head coach in 5 years. I thought he could do better than the Browns, but let’s hope the Browns don’t tarnish his reputation. I’d like to see him be a very successful head coach one day, preferably at ND.
Apparently his preference is NFL. So I dont see him being a college head coach in 5 years. I think he tries to stay in the NFL as long as he could

I think his coaching suits the NFL better. I dont think he's a college head coach

Apparently his preference is NFL. So I dont see him being a college head coach in 5 years. I think he tries to stay in the NFL as long as he could

I think his coaching suits the NFL better. I dont think he's a college head coach

Just guessing here, but it doesn’t seem to me that Rees enjoyed the recruiting part of the business. I was never blown away with his effort in that area at least. First come, first serve, shut it down is what it seemed like to me. Never really went hard after the sure fire difference making guys IMO (unless they were already heavily interested in us)

Again, no evidence, just a feeling.

Last edited:
Tommy Rees is 31. If Tommy Rees desires to be an NFL OC in 5-6 years, this is not a step back. It's simply one path of many to be an NFL OC.
Doesn’t make it a promotion… because it’s not

You felt one way—the rest of the football world felt differently.

As for the offense at Alabama, yes, it could have been better, but their ceiling had severe limitations due to Milroe‘s limitations as a QB. The Tide’s offense could have been much more efficient if it had worked around Jalen Milroy’s limitations as a quarterback, but Nick Saban knew that in order to win two playoff games, the offense had to reach a ceiling that’s not possible by playing it safe, especially because the defense wasn’t dominant enough nor the offense of lime dominant enough to play more conservatively, so he knew they had to develop Jalen Milroe and take chances, which they did to try and improve that offensive ceiling. But, as we saw vs. Michigan, Milroe had issues running the offense they needed and kept on taking big sack after big sack after big sack.
I don't know if Milroe is as terrible as you're making him out. You realize that's what you're doing, you're declaring that he sucks, this former consensus top 100 prospect, and on that very debatable premise, that's the evidence that TR actually did great at Bama. When either way he didn't do too terribly at all. And he's not under any particular attack. And you're basically portraying everything about the Bama program of a year ago as not that great, which is totally debatable, and if anything wrong, and then leveraging this assertion to insist TR is awesome.

I don't think that's necessary, I think TR's star is still plenty high. But he hasn't yet had to be an OC for a team that didn't have big advantages. That's the only thing I've ever said, that perhaps the jury is still out.

I don't know if Milroe is as terrible as you're making him out. You realize that's what you're doing, you're declaring that he sucks, this former consensus top 100 prospect, and on that very debatable premise, that's the evidence that TR actually did great at Bama. When either way he didn't do too terribly at all. And he's not under any particular attack. And you're basically portraying everything about the Bama program of a year ago as not that great, which is totally debatable, and if anything wrong, and then leveraging this assertion to insist TR is awesome.

I don't think that's necessary, I think TR's star is still plenty high. But he hasn't yet had to be an OC for a team that didn't have big advantages. That's the only thing I've ever said, that perhaps the jury is still out.
Wouldn’t a team that didn’t have big advantages, be a losing team, irrespective of who the OC was ?

You know his contract was fully guaranteed and he's getting all of it ?
Rees will be paid 2.0M in 2024 and 2.1M in 2025.

His contract is with University of Alabama, not Nick Saban

You know his contract was fully guaranteed and he's getting all of it ?
I do.

Tommy Rees's three year contract has been highly publicized and easy to find.

Last edited:
Anther knows nothing couch critic.
I don't know, that was a fair critique of Rees without being too critical of him. At the end of the day Rees is a young coach, he's still learning and will get better as he gains more experience.

Promotion? This is the complete opposite of a promotion.

This is a big step back, but if he and cleveland offense do well he can get back on track, if they suck over the next 1-2 years, this could be a big set back.
The overall offense is not his responsibility. He's a position coach, let's see how the TE group performs.

Link his contact that it was fully guaranteed because I haven't seen it yet
I doubt anyone can link any coaches contract. All we can go on is what is reported, which can be conjecture. In Rees’ case, it was widely reported that Alabama gave him a three year guaranteed contract. None of us know if this is offset by income if he accepts another coaching job after termination, etc… nor do we know what negotiation, if any, took place.

I doubt anyone can link any coaches contract. All we can go on is what is reported, which can be conjecture. In Rees’ case, it was widely reported that Alabama gave him a three year guaranteed contract. None of us know if this is offset by income if he accepts another coaching job after termination, etc… nor do we know what negotiation, if any, took place.
Yes we don't know

Don't bother.

If it is anything related to Tommy Rees, that poster will choose a certain narrative, and it's never positive.

Good situation for Tommy. Stefanski is one of the better play callers in the league and the ownership is willing to spend significantly over the cap. Last guy who was in his role is currently OC in Arizona

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT