ADVERTISEMENT

Bowen

Edwards would not be playing meaningful ball at Notre Dame next year even on special teams. Please stop the nonsense. He's 5'9 160 lbs.
Not happening at Notre Dame.
5-7/5-8 150-155 based on the pictures I saw. That kid, relative to major CFB, is tiny.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Tyree is in the middle of his junior season, close to graduation. Why would Chris Tyree leave?
Get more playing time. Go to an offense that uses his strengths moreso

He may be graduating this dec or may. It's possible. I dont remember if he was an EE

Hes definitely a candidate to possibly transfer after the bowl or after spring

Reactions: Kelso86
Edwards would not be playing meaningful ball at Notre Dame next year even on special teams. Please stop the nonsense. He's 5'9 160 lbs.
Not happening at Notre Dame.
The old Notre Dame I agree.

Hopefully the new ND, young talented kids get to play early

No reason to think he wouldnt be the pr starter. None at all

He would have the fastest and shiftiest player on the team. If you cant find a way to get that type of kid pt, thats on your coaching staff

The old Notre Dame I agree.

Hopefully the new ND, young talented kids get to play early

No reason to think he wouldnt be the pr starter. None at all

He would have the fastest and shiftiest player on the team. If you cant find a way to get that type of kid pt, thats on your coaching staff
There are no less than 5 guys joining the team with as good or better pr ability. They wouldn't burn a red shit for a guy that would be learning a new position and be undersized just for a marginal at best increase in pr.

The talent and numbers at each position is a challenging balancing act in today’s world of college football. These young high school stars are increasingly looking at immediate playing time as a major consideration in the college selection. Bowen Is a real talent in a position of need for us, and lots of speculation whether he would start if Joseph returns; with the overwhelming sentiment is that start if Joseph doesn’t return. It’s almost guaranteed that Bowen flips to Oklahoma or Oregon, and hard to believe that immediate playing time at ND is a concern given he plays a position of need. This flip is hardly unexpected as he’s been acting like he was not committed for months.
Limar is another likely flip away from us. This isn’t all that unexpected either, as the rumors of his flipping to Oregon have been out therefor a few weeks, and I think our RB room is not exactly attractive for someone who expects a lot of playing time as a freshman. Freeman has shown the willingness to play freshmen if they are The best option, but Limar would hardly meet that standard as a freshman. Personally, this is of little concern for the coming season as we have a talented RB room without Limar or Edwards. Edwards has talent that would have contributed in kick off and punt returns immediately, and so I think his flip hurts worse. But, it sure puts some pressure to Sign a couple of RB studs who can come in and contribute as freshmen,and this is one position where that is most likely to happen.

Reactions: theskibro
There are no less than 5 guys joining the team with as good or better pr ability. They wouldn't burn a red shit for a guy that would be learning a new position and be undersized just for a marginal at best increase in pr.
I couldn't disagree with you more. We don't have 5 guys that have his pr ability. No chance

1. Hes faster than any of them
2. Hes shiftier than any of them

He wouldn't be a redshirt. The coaching staff isnt that dumb. When you have that elite speed and game breaking ability, you dont redshirt

He would have played as a pr, kr, slot, rb, gadget guy. No way you sit that speed. We just simply dont have enough of it

Oklahoma Mod just posted he is coming to Okla. Don't know his record for accuracy though. Also, I really doubt he was offered 2 million. Most of these NIL numbers are nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
I’ve been agreeing with you a lot lately until now…. Edwards and or Bowen are the most talented kick and punt returners we would have landed in over a decade

Tyree has been our kick returner for 3 years and has averaged 20 yards a return, he averaged under 17 yards per return this year. He has one return over 40 yards in his career. That is really really bad

Oklahoma Mod just posted he is coming to Okla. Don't know his record for accuracy though. Also, I really doubt he was offered 2 million. Most of these NIL numbers are nonsense.
That’s been known for months…. Reporters trying to stir up rumors for clicks lately

As tough as it is I think it’s time to stop following recruiting for a few weeks. It really has become a toxic scene, message boards included. I’ll check back in after signing day

Reactions: die4irish
Drayk Bowen might be my new least favorite recruit because of his last name and also last night saying PB was going to ND lol

The fact that Bowen shot down the NIL rumors makes him a liar. Kid or not, he has a major lying issue. Lies to recruits. Lies to coaches. Lies about NIL. Wherever he ends up, he did more lying than any recruit I’ll ever remember. He needs an adult in his life to teach him to be a man. Freeman would’ve been one hell of a roll model to him.

My response to Bowen if he bails. “Enjoy the 8-4 seasons in the SEC. See ya in the portal”

Not disagreeing with you

But Oklahoma is going to have a hell of a class
ND is going to have an even better ‘24 class than ‘23. I’d say ND and OU are very similar in recruiting. The difference is ND is playing well and seems to be coached much better. ND also isn’t headed for the SEC. OU is going to struggle bigly.

ND is going to have an even better ‘24 class than ‘23. I’d say ND and OU are very similar in recruiting. The difference is ND is playing well and seems to be coached much better. ND also isn’t headed for the SEC. OU is going to struggle bigly.
They are getting a top 100 DE soon as well. Their 23 class will be much higher of they get Bowen and that DE

Singer had a really good show today. Reminding people that Bowen isn’t that important to the class. Talked about how much more important the other commits are like Minchey, Love, Gray, Greathouse, etc. that play at more important positions. Limar and Bowen can kick rocks.

Singer had a really good show today. Reminding people that Bowen isn’t that important to the class. Talked about how much more important the other commits are like Minchey, Love, Gray, Greathouse, etc. that play at more important positions. Limar and Bowen can kick rocks.
Thats just being silly if he said that.

Thats just being silly if he said that.
I agree. He reiterated that it’s a loss of a great player and that it hurts with optics but that safety is not even a top 5 important position. He referenced how when Kyle Hamilton went down, ND didn’t skip a beat. Stated that Minchey is far more important to this class than P Bowen. I can’t disagree with Singer here. I would take Minchey over Bowen if I had to choose. I think Keeley was the one that hurt us the most.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Punt returner I said for sure. Kick returner definitely possible. Very likely especially if Tyree leaves, then yes.

Peyton Bowen would be starting at safety next year for us. He's that good.

Edwards who knows. But if you have a creative OC, he will find a way to get him the ball
I’m sure you were part of the crew that said the same about Sneed starting from day 1 given our weak LB corp but couldn’t beat out JD, Kiser, Marist? Reality is each program May have 1-2 impact freshman and the vast majority take time to develop. and the mob continues to push each decommit as the loss of the ND savior. Never seen so much wrangling over 17-18 year olds decisions.

I’m sure you were part of the crew that said the same about Sneed starting from day 1 given our weak LB corp but couldn’t beat out JD, Kiser, Marist? Reality is each program May have 1-2 impact freshman and the vast majority take time to develop. and the mob continues to push each decommit as the loss of the ND savior. Never seen so much wrangling over 17-18 year olds decisions.
Nonsense

I agree. He reiterated that it’s a loss of a great player and that it hurts with optics but that safety is not even a top 5 important position. He referenced how when Kyle Hamilton went down, ND didn’t skip a beat. Stated that Minchey is far more important to this class than P Bowen. I can’t disagree with Singer here. I would take Minchey over Bowen if I had to choose. I think Keeley was the one that hurt us the most.
Obviously Minchey is more important than any player. Doesnt mean losing Bowen isnt impactful

I think the player that will have the greatest early impact is Greathouse.

Agree to disagree
Either way we have 2 top 10 classes in a row. ‘24 looks like it could be even better and we have 3 elite skill position players in that class that seem very high on ND. Losing Bowen sucks, but I’d be more upset if we lost Greathouse or Gray.

I wish every ounce of energy wasted on P Bowen would’ve been dedicated to flipping a Vyper.

ND wins a championship not with 5 stars. They win it by dominating in recruiting the borderline 5, high 4 stars and adding an elite QB, keeping the culture of ND and collegiate athletics intact without self centered bag men, dominating OL recruiting, and developing 4 year, hard working, future NFL starters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT