ADVERTISEMENT

Bowen

tdjesus11

Irish Insider
Sep 21, 2003
Played Friday wearing an Oregon headband while committed to the Irish. Pretty tacky. I have no concern with him visiting other schools and even if he chooses another school. But saying you are committed and then wearing other schools just shows a lack of character. Hea probably going to leave, but good riddance.

Reactions: d1042
Played Friday wearing an Oregon headband while committed to the Irish. Pretty tacky. I have no concern with him visiting other schools and even if he chooses another school. But saying you are committed and then wearing other schools just shows a lack of character. Hea probably going to leave, but good riddance.
No. We need him. I could care less what tram he wears as long as he signs ND in Dec

Wearing gear from a school you just visited seems pretty normal to me. My kids did that and even wore that gear once they got to college.

Reactions: Kelso86
We need Peyton Bowen. He is visiting for the Clemson game. His brother too.

Win this game and we have s guys chance of keeping the best safety in the county

Oregon has the best looking stuff.

I hate Oregons look. Just me as I know a lot of people like that ugly ass all green. Personally, I like Texas and Notre Dame colors/look the best. .
Being 88.9% Irish, I absolutely love the all green look. It's unique and is an outlier from everyone else.

Being 88.9% Irish, I absolutely love the all green look. It's unique and is an outlier from everyone else.
But that green isn’t even like an Irish green. It looks like a neon marker to me. To each his own. I’m no fashionista.

But that green isn’t even like an Irish green. It looks like a neon marker to me. To each his own. I’m no fashionista.
17-year-olds are what Oregon Football and Phil Knight/Nike markets to. Not you.

And they do one hell of a damn good job. Freshman admission applications have quadrupled the last 10 years, and the school is now considered "cool..." by many teenagers, especially on the West Coast.

17-year-olds are what Oregon Football and Phil Knight/Nike markets to. Not you.

And they do one hell of a damn good job. Freshman admission applications have quadrupled the last 10 years, and the school is now considered "cool..." by many teenagers, especially on the West Coast.
Thanks dick. It was simply my opinion, which I inferred as being unimportant.

What does it say to bowen and our own recruits when our running backs coach is running around the country telling kids to come to ND but his own kids are too good for ND?

What does it say to bowen and our own recruits when our running backs coach is running around the country telling kids to come to ND but his own kids are too good for ND?

Maybe he does not have the grades? Maybe his Dad is leaving to go to OU as well after signing day? It is what it is. Not every son wants to play for his Dad / be around their parents. I know when I took my kids out west skiing I hired the Aussie instructor to teach them....they had fun....we had fun....nobody argued....perfect!

Who cares where any of them sign in December, they can transfer the next day, week, year.
Exactly, it’s not just recruiting the kid to sign but continuing to recruit the kid for 3,4 , 5 , 6 yrs. Genuflecting, kowtowing continually to these kids requires a skill set that some coaches may not/will not adapt to. Business model for recruiting websites is going to change. How do you keep readers interested in potentially signing a kid if he can leave 3 weeks after arriving on campus? signing day doesn’t really mean jack

Most 18/19-year olds want to go away to college and get away from their parents, not stay with them from 18-23. And conversely, many parents want their young adult kids to go away to college and grow up, and live their own lives.

What does it say when you post something like this? INCAPABLE OF THINKING BEYOND SIMPLICITIES

Perhaps they don’t want to be at same university; perhaps dad is leaving in a year; perhaps admissions are gumming up the works and ND doesn’t want to highlight such; perhaps they like their shot at playing time elsewhere.

Being shallow minded and condescending isn’t a good look on you

Most 18/19-year olds want to go away to college and get away from their parents, not stay with them from 18-23. And conversely, many parents want their young adult kids to go away to college and grow up, and live their own lives.
Not true

Exactly, it’s not just recruiting the kid to sign but continuing to recruit the kid for 3,4 , 5 , 6 yrs. Genuflecting, kowtowing continually to these kids requires a skill set that some coaches may not/will not adapt to. Business model for recruiting websites is going to change. How do you keep readers interested in potentially signing a kid if he can leave 3 weeks after arriving on campus? signing day doesn’t really mean jack
That's why we need to evolve to a contract/paid model, and let the money do the talking, and take out all of the recruiting/pandering/salesmanship from the equation.

A simple signing bonus model would solve most problems. And they use signing bonuses in other sports for prospects out of HS, so there's already a system in place/precedent for this kind of thing.

Once money, lawyers, contracts are involved (adulting), there's plenty of incentive to just stay put, do your best, and keep your mouth shut while you make life changing sums of money.

I agree with GN.
You know football, and I’ve seen you post good stuff.
Lately you’ve been begging everyone for attention and acting like the class clown. It’s weird to see a grown man act like this.
And it's weird for a grown man to hide behind multiple IDs.

Reactions: mirer03
I agree with GN.

You know football, and I’ve seen you post good stuff.

Lately you’ve been begging everyone for attention and acting like the class clown. It’s weird to see a grown man act like this.
I thought France deserved to win today, and I am happy for Morocco.

That's why we need to evolve to a contract/paid model, and let the money do the talking, and take out all of the recruiting/pandering/salesmanship from the equation.

A simple signing bonus model would solve most problems. And they use signing bonuses in other sports for prospects out of HS, so there's already a system in place/precedent for this kind of thing.

Once money, lawyers, contracts are involved (adulting), there's plenty of incentive to just stay put, do your best, and keep your mouth shut while you make life changing sums of money.
I question why you want Notre Dame to win if you favor this model.. what’s the honor in winning if this is the path forward? The whole reason ND winning is meaningful is it bucks the trends of the $EC, values the student/athlete and chooses the virtuous path. I don’t understand this win at any cost mindset, what’s the point?

you get your ‘W’ from within yourself, not from voters, media, fans, polls; that’s not B.S. hyperbole, it is a real life lesson most learn too late in life. It is the deal you make with God that you get the real ‘W’.

Reactions: IrishMike409
you get your ‘W’ from within yourself, not from voters, media, fans, polls; that’s not B.S. hyperbole, it is a real life lesson most learn too late in life. It is the deal you make with God that you get the real ‘W’.
This is a fantastic post, kudos.

New news is Bowen is giving OU last visit with him. It’s the ultimate slap in the face to Freeman and ND, the school and coach he’s “committed to”. Freeman going to visit tomorrow and Bowen is letting Venables come Friday. If Freeman actually makes the trip out there to deal with this drama queen he’s a bitch.

New news is Bowen is giving OU last visit with him. It’s the ultimate slap in the face to Freeman and ND, the school and coach he’s “committed to”. Freeman going to visit tomorrow and Bowen is letting Venables come Friday. If Freeman actually makes the trip out there to deal with this drama queen he’s a bitch.
Agreed. If this is what Bowen is doing he is just not man enough to make the decision. He wants to wait until there is not time for ND to talk to him. Good riddance. Honestly OU defence sucks.

This is again incorrect

We chose to go Thursday because of our practice schedule for the bowl game

Why do you come on here and try to stir things up with inaccurate info. Then people believe you and spread false rumors

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT