ADVERTISEMENT

Bowen

Don't forget about Micah Bell being dynamic. He is one of the fastest players in the country. More of a kr though
Yeah Bell and Love have potential, but Edwards and Bowen were game changers from Day 1 in the return game. I don' see the natural abilities of a returner that edwards and bowen had.

My thought to navigate this NIL bs aside from competing and dropping bags (which we won't ever do), is to instead just go after high 4 star kids like Christian Gray, D. Bowen, and J Love every year. Forget the Bowen's and Keeley's. Land kids like CJ Carr when you can, who is a big ND fan boy, and beasts like Jagusah year in and year out and break the top 10 in recruiting consistently and you have a title contending group. Dominate in the OL and DL recruiting. Go after high 4 star kids like J Love and dominate in the 5.9 to 6.0 or top 80-200 range (those kids are not getting 7 figures dropped on them). Get high ceiling skill position athletes to coach up and compliment the monsters in the trenches. Don't spend all day chasing kids like Bowen, who is never 100% sold to start with. Do that consistently and get a special QB and we can beat anybody, with or without P Bowen. The drama and jealousies that bag dropping will have within the team dynamic is not going to workout. See TAMU for example. Teams like Michigan and Notre Dame can dominate because they have monsters on the lines and good team culture, as long as they get a really really good QB.
Email Father Jenkins your concerns.

Driskell says OR offered $2 million. OU matched. The Bowen's are saying that's a lie. So, who's the liar? IB or the Bowen family?

If staff thinks they have shot freeman goes….with that said, doing in house not last knowing venerables is last…. This could be bad

Freeman doing in house tomorrow and not landing him is nd punked again this year
If Bowen has already made his decision, conscious or subconscious, then what does Freeman have to lose? Is there some other 5* safety who would just tip to ND if he gets a little more attention this week?
Driskell says OR offered $2 million. OU matched. The Bowen's are saying that's a lie. So, who's the liar? IB or the Bowen family?
Well if their smart the wording was like, worth up to 2 million.

We have one of these guys every year. I am fine as it gives us something to read about besides defections.

Coaches clearly see something, but he had a really rough year
There is a solid argument for Golden’s scheme not taking advantage of Mickey’s apparent strengths in the SC game, but he was Clifford Jefferson bad that night. Whatever the coaches were seeing in practice with Mickey certainly wasn’t on display on game day throughout the season.

Most true freshmen playing CB do.
Then they don't get the burn he got, especially on what should have been a really good Defense.

He made some major major mental mistakes over and over again yet kept getting PT despite not making good plays. So he must have balled out in practice.

Then they don't get the burn he got, especially on what should have been a really good Defense.

He made some major major mental mistakes over and over again yet kept getting PT despite not making good plays. So he must have balled out in practice.
Like I stated, most true freshmen playing CB at that level of play, struggle.

The kid can play.

Why did he play? Ask Al Golden.

You said Lewis sucked. So you had Morrison Hart and Bracy was banged up a lot. Who else was there to play. Obviously the others arent developing

You said Lewis sucked. So you had Morrison Hart and Bracy was banged up a lot. Who else was there to play. Obviously the others arent developing
That poster, yesterday, referred to 2023 Brenan Vernon, as a "dud..."

He spreads it around.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
I'm not disagreeing. I'm just stating that it's shocking for a true frosh to play that bad and play that much.

My guess is he was good in practice and it just didn't translate to games. It's not like he made a mistake or two, he pretty much gave up a TD or huge play due to a mental issue every game he played significant snaps.

Even though I could tell Lewis wasn't good quickly his true frosh year, he didn't play as bad as Mickey did this year due to less mental mistakes and Clark providing him a lot of help over the top. It was Lewis or Bracy in 2020, there literally was no one else.

Golden threw Mikey out there in a lot of 1-1 situations with no help.

My point, he had to of balled out in practice so if he can bring that to the games, watch out next year at the corner position!

We're literally finishing 3rd for Bowen. It's one thing to want money and go for it, it's another to be so focused on it. To lie and leverage other schools shows character. I obviously don't know all the facts, but if he truly told players he was solid a few days ago and coaches as well that's scary. I can't imagine a lot of kids that take this approach are goin to be good in college. I think its part of why A&M struggled. Their players aren't hungry to prepare and get better. They don't have to play well to get paid.

This is turning into when everyone good at basketball in high school declared for the NBA, got some money and failed. A few did amazing, but the majority crashed and why NBA pushed for 1 year minimum college first.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Predictions flipping on TOS from ND to OU. The “commitment” is meaningless at this point. Kids are locking in early to hold a spot while they keep shopping. If only colleges would do same thing. CFB is a shit show.

Reactions: baron100
If we lose Bowen in this class, the loss of Bowen, not closing on Moore, and the loss of Keeley would be a gut bunch to the recruiting momentum the coaching staff built all year long.

Losing Bowen will put this class right back on par with a garden variety brian kelly class, but without brian kelly here to coach them up.

sigh.

Predictions flipping on TOS from ND to OU. The “commitment” is meaningless at this point. Kids are locking in early to hold a spot while they keep shopping. If only colleges would do same thing. CFB is a shit show.
colleges are allowed to and the big boys do.

How does ND land a big time top recruit in todays environment without that recruit already being financial set?

If i'm a top recruit and I get a multi million dollar deal to go to another school, as much as I love ND i may take it.

You can make big time money with NIL at ND but that will come in large part due to play on the field and then NDs network, it's not guaranteed. Our Top players did really well at ND making $$$. But take a Jordan Johnson that was a 5* and didn't pan out. He would have made next to nothing at ND because he's not a good WR, vs making a ton elsewhere guaranteed just because he was a big time recruit in HS.

Tough Spot. I don' fault the coaches for bowen despite getting played as they kept recruiting the position.

Reactions: notredamerises23
If we lose Bowen in this class, the loss of Bowen, not closing on Moore, and the loss of Keeley would be a gut bunch to the recruiting momentum the coaching staff built all year long.

Losing Bowen will put this class right back on par with a garden variety brian kelly class, but without brian kelly here to coach them up.

sigh.
Even I admit this class will be slightly better than Kelly's good classes. But I do agree, this staff has a ton to learn coaching and have to be much better next year.

sigh.
ND guys tend to commit early. The hat dancers or social media whores were likely always going to the southern publics.

This is again incorrect

We chose to go Thursday because of our practice schedule for the bowl game

Why do you come on here and try to stir things up with inaccurate info. Then people believe you and spread false rumors
Agree. Bowen is still committed to ND. Unless ND blows it, he will be Irish. What's pathetic are the stories I'm reading about fans that are commenting on his social media accounts. Best is to to leave the kid alone. So much misinformation out there, you can't believe it. don't be a sucker. I find it hard to believe that Bowen and his family would be stringing ND along only to burn them in the end. We shall see, but I feel confident he will be Irish.

Agree. Bowen is still committed to ND. Unless ND blows it, he will be Irish. What's pathetic are the stories I'm reading about fans that are commenting on his social media accounts. Best is to to leave the kid alone. So much misinformation out there, you can't believe it. don't be a sucker. I find it hard to believe that Bowen and his family would be stringing ND along only to burn them in the end. We shall see, but I feel confident he will be Irish.
ND blowing it? IB said he’s been offered $2 million. How is that ND blowing it?

Reactions: notredamerises23

sigh.
Losing Moore was fine. Hes not the type of leader you want at that position. We got a very similar player,maybe even better in Minchey

Losing Keeley,Bowen and Edwards really hurt

Still better class than most of Kellys classes

This staff is better than most of Kellys as well

Very unlikely he will be Irish

Money talks

Show me the documentation that the 2 million figure is legitimate.

Anyone can throw out numbers.
Prove that is not.

We can go round and round.

Bowen was our most elite national recruit. He got offered money others didn't

Similar to Keely and Moore

But i know a lotof our commits turned down upfront money and they should be commended for that

Not getting the angst here. Irish now 4th in 2023 recruiting per rivals. OU is 10th which is about what the average class was under Riley. Have no idea where Bowen will wind up. But you still recruited a lot of talented guys. So now just all about the coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT