ADVERTISEMENT

Bowen

Alright here's where I'm at. There's a ton of options but here are the two i feel are most plausible, with the first one most likely.

1. Bowen really likes ND, the class, and what it can do for him but he wants the $$$, his GF happy, and closer to home. He doesn't want to say no to NDs class or staff including Freeman, so he'll just end up signing with OU and that will be his official de commitment. The bad part is he's been playing Freeman and NDs 23 class. Thankfully due to Moore, ND staff made sure they had more than just 1 option being recruited for his spot

2. He really likes ND and what it can do for him and he see's the big picture. He doesn't want to officially say no to anyone in case he gets a big time $$$$ offer and he also doesn't want the blowback from the locals if he were to re confirm early to ND since OU feels he's all theirs. He plans to enroll early at ND so he'll sign, enjoy the holidays, and then head up to south bend

If he plans on enrolling early like everyone states, then we'll probably know tomorrow.

Every minute without a recommitted makes it mre likely he stays,
You can't assume anything with this guy. Nothing. As bizarre a recruitment as I have ever followed.

Peyton Bowen makes Dante Moore look normal.

Obviously Minchey is more important than any player. Doesnt mean losing Bowen isnt impactful
Huh?

Minchey is probably the third string QB going into the fall. Please stop the nonsense. If he wasn't coming then ND would be in on more top qbs in the transfer portal.

By far the three wide receivers are the most important part of this class. #1 the combination talent level and size is higher than what is on campus overall. #2. Major depth issues at wr. Especially if styles transfers. Ideally we have 9-10 wrs on scholarship, we are at 4 maybe 5 and one is a walkon coming back. We have to have 3-4 high contribution guys and stuckey nailed it.

If Bowen comes he will start day one and it's likely the other two safeties push for time year one.

It's wr and safeties and it's no close.

Huh?

Minchey is probably the third string QB going into the fall. Please stop the nonsense. If he wasn't coming then ND would be in on more top qbs in the transfer portal.

By far the three wide receivers are the most important part of this class. #1 the combination talent level and size is higher than what is on campus overall. #2. Major depth issues at wr. Especially if styles transfers. Ideally we have 9-10 wrs on scholarship, we are at 4 maybe 5 and one is a walkon coming back. We have to have 3-4 high contribution guys and stuckey nailed it.

If Bowen comes he will start day one and it's likely the other two safeties push for time year one.

We have 4 wrs in this class and probably about to land portal transfer kaleb smith

minchey is extremely important for 2024 and 2025 season. If he's better than buchner he could get reps this year, if he's not then he needs to develop and buchner would be QB in 2024, with minchey as backup and preparing for 2025 with carr/minchey battle

Reactions: Kelso86
We have 4 wrs in this class and probably about to land portal transfer kaleb smith
Yes, but the three headliners are likely pushing for starting reps next year or at least significant time in the rotation. They are by far the most important part of this class

Is it confirmed he is flipping? I got nothing against a kid flipping but to wait this long before telling ND is a low-class move. That is a spot that could go to another kid. Maybe it means he is staying?
Beach

I am giving him every benefit of doubt. He committed. At this late date to flip is beyond low class and if the case shame on his up bringing.
He signs is my guess

Reactions: Telx1
Huh?

You're looking at it for year 1. Thats just silly

I'm looking at it who is more important to this class over their career

And there is no one player more important than the player who is playing THE most important position in football. And thats the QB

Minchey is the most important player in this class. You can make up for a miss at wr because we have 4. You can make up for it at OL because we have 5. Safety 3 to 4 guys possibly

That was a poor take by you

It's Minchey, easy

Reactions: NDblitz

And there is no one player more important than the player who is playing THE most important position in football. And thats the QB

Minchey is the most important player in this class. You can make up for a miss at wr because we have 4. You can make up for it at OL because we have 5. Safety 3 to 4 guys possibly

It's Minchey, easy
He has the most upside/ceiling of any QB ND has signed since probably Cryst or Golson. All depends on development.

Beach

I am giving him every benefit of doubt. He committed. At this late date to flip is beyond low class and if the case shame on his up bringing.
He signs is my guess
Me too but I don't know much about him other than he is a great talent.

It's Minchey, easy
I would take Peyton Bowen over Minchey.

Peyton Bowen starts and plays year 1 IMO.

I would take Peyton Bowen over Minchey.

Peyton Bowen starts and plays year 1 IMO.
I agree Peyton Bowen starts day 1.

But if Minchey becomes a starter at Notre Dame, he is then more valuable than any recruit including Peyton

Qb dwarfs any position in value

Reactions: bizzybecknd
I agree Peyton Bowen starts day 1.

But if Minchey becomes a starter at Notre Dame, he is then more valuable than any recruit including Peyton

Qb dwarfs any position in value
Do you believe there is a realistic chance ND lands Bowen on Wednesday?

Maybe ND shoulda pulled a Robby Toma and given his teammate/good friend
Sides an offer.

Maybe ND shoulda pulled a Robby Toma and given his teammate/good friend
Sides an offer.
the "throw in" that was already committed to a P5 program (UCLA) and ended up switching his commitment to ND and ended up making the 2 deep and producing in clutch moments throughout that 2012 season? Weis shot down rumors immediately of the Toma offer being a throw in. He was genuinely impressed with his film and we got a nice piece last moment that just made the Teo signing even better.

Last edited:
the "throw in" that ended up making the 2 deep and producing in clutch moments on one of the best teams in the BK era? Weis shot down rumors immediately of the Toma offer being a throw in. He was genuinely impressed with his film and we got a nice piece last moment that just made the Teo signing even better.
Robby Toma was definitely not a "throw in" with Manti. He was an excellent slot receiver for ND. He ran very good routes, had great hands, didn't shy away from contact, and had pretty good speed (ran a 4.50 40 during his NFL tryouts). I loved him when he played for ND, and I only wish we would have thrown the ball to him more often. While he didn't catch on with the NFL, I think that was largely due to his size. As I recall he was one of the last cuts by the Arizona Cardinals, so for him to hang around in camp that long, they obviously liked him. I thought he might catch on with the CFL, but he decided to return to Hawaii and coach. Don't sell Robby short. He was a very good player.

Robby Toma was definitely not a "throw in" with Manti. He was an excellent slot receiver for ND. He ran very good routes, had great hands, didn't shy away from contact, and had pretty good speed (ran a 4.50 40 during his NFL tryouts). I loved him when he played for ND, and I only wish we would have thrown the ball to him more often. While he didn't catch on with the NFL, I think that was largely due to his size. As I recall he was one of the last cuts by the Arizona Cardinals, so for him to hang around in camp that long, they obviously liked him. I thought he might catch on with the CFL, but he decided to return to Hawaii and coach. Don't sell Robby short. He was a very good player.
Good post, but just so it's clear you are making the same point I am. I definitely wasn't selling Toma short. A ridiculously high number of prospects never amount to anything, let alone cracking the 2 deep at Notre Dame. That is an honor in and of itself. Anyway, the fact that we got a really nice player so late in the process, really was just a cherry on top to the Manti Te'o signing.

When Manti Te'o committed back in 2009 thirteen years ago (wow can't believe it has been that long, time flies, and I digress). It was a really joyous moment. I'll never forget it. I screamed harder that day than any other day of my life to this day. Can't ever remember being that emotionally charged about something since. It was a cool moment.

For those younger visitors here who were too young to experience Manti's recruitment it was special. He was a very high character human being, even at 17 years old. He was the best player in Hawaii by a mile, and the type of player Notre Dame NEVER gets these days from a pure athletic profile. The game was different too back then where Linebackers were way more in demand/coveted prospects than they are now. Most people were shocked such a rare athlete that EVERYBODY in the country wanted at such a key position was so strongly considering ND. And ND had dominated the recruiting rankings in offense, but were lagging the same type of recruits on defense, and Manti was going to be Weis' response to that criticism. To show that he could attract defenders too, despite his crumbling integrity with the ND fan base. It was just a really high emotion moment as a fan.

Manti and his family handled the recruitment with total class and Manti just seemed like a really mature and wise teenager. EVERYBODY thought he was just going through the motions with ND and that he would go USC. This was at a time when USC and Pete Carroll were dominating the recruiting landscape like Alabama is now. But in front of a lot of viewers (the entire nation was following his recruit intensely) he chose Notre Dame. And NOBODY knew it was coming, not even Manti.

None of the videos or lookbacks on youtube have done the moment justice.

EDIT: Oh ya and I think i watched this video way too much with way too many other college football fans on youtube for 2 years up until his decision

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishMike409
Still a throw in
the "throw in" that was already committed to a P5 program (UCLA) and ended up switching his commitment to ND and ended up making the 2 deep and producing in clutch moments throughout that 2012 season? Weis shot down rumors immediately of the Toma offer being a throw in. He was genuinely impressed with his film and we got a nice piece last moment that just made the Teo signing even better.

When Manti Te'o committed back in 2009 thirteen years ago (wow can't believe it has been that long, time flies, and I digress). It was a really joyous moment. I'll never forget it. I screamed harder that day than any other day of my life to this day. Can't ever remember being that emotionally charged about something since. It was a cool moment.

For those younger visitors here who were too young to experience Manti's recruitment it was special. He was a very high character human being, even at 17 years old. He was the best player in Hawaii by a mile, and the type of player Notre Dame NEVER gets these days from a pure athletic profile. The game was different too back then where Linebackers were way more in demand/coveted prospects than they are now. Most people were shocked such a rare athlete that EVERYBODY in the country wanted at such a key position was so strongly considering ND. And ND had dominated the recruiting rankings in offense, but were lagging the same type of recruits on defense, and Manti was going to be Weis' response to that criticism. To show that he could attract defenders too, despite his crumbling integrity with the ND fan base. It was just a really high emotion moment as a fan.

Manti and his family handled the recruitment with total class and Manti just seemed like a really mature and wise teenager. EVERYBODY thought he was just going through the motions with ND and that he would go USC. This was at a time when USC and Pete Carroll were dominating the recruiting landscape like Alabama is now. But in front of a lot of viewers (the entire nation was following his recruit intensely) he chose Notre Dame. And NOBODY knew it was coming, not even Manti.

None of the videos or lookbacks on youtube have done the moment justice.

EDIT: Oh ya and I think i watched this video way too much with way too many other college football fans on youtube for 2 years up until his decision
Very creepy post

Good point and I have no inside stuff. Just seems logical to me.

Nobody accidently publishes the #1 player in the class to the official website as a signee. That has got to be as good a sign as any.
Jayen Limar is not published to the Notre Dame web site. Cooper Flanagan and Rico Flores are published on the site.

• Wow
Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT