ADVERTISEMENT

Bowen

I’ve gone back and forth if I think freeman got played.

Final decision… yes

As much effort as nd put in despite everyone knowing he wanted to go elsewhere including staff. He should have publicly decommitted and if he wouldn’t do that then nd should have cut ties. Freeman allowed Bowen to dictate everything . That won’t work ever. I want the top players and it won’t be easy, but if they make it clear they don’t want to be here then cut it off
Big shock

Haha. Who? What “grown ass men” are “living and dying on the decision”? Who. Be specific.
Good point, not sure if they’re grown but a poster was mentioning Bowens mother was liking ND tweets. What a bunch of degenerates running around.

Good point, not sure if they’re grown but a poster was mentioning Bowens mother was liking ND tweets. What a bunch of degenerates running around.
No one is living and dying with the decision. It’s an NF Football board. People are going to talk recruiting.

“Degenerates”? Look in the mirror. You can’t stop arguing with people on the internet.

Big shock
Just like nd trying to get moore to publicly commit, nd should have had bowen publicly decommit but leave nd as an option… to allow Bowen to continue to obviously overage nd is disappointing. I’m not saying don’t recruit him, I’m saying don’t let recruits dictate and take advantage of you when it’s obvious.

How do we know he took advantage of nd… what he said to recruits and coaches that have become public. Obviously lies and more lies to leverage nd.

No one is living and dying with the decision. It’s an NF Football board. People are going to talk recruiting.

“Degenerates”? Look in the mirror. You can’t stop arguing with people on the internet.
Living and dying clearly isn’t literal but when you got grown men stalking social media accounts of high school kids and their mothers anxiously awaiting to update an internet message board, not to mention go into a frenzy regarding the teenagers decision.. yea I can’t think of a better word than degenerate.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Exactly, lol. Nobody blames him for supporting his kids, lol. It was the absurd amounts of props he was giving the entire OU program, head coach, etc., without ND content while we are trying to secure a 5 star kid away from that program and right after losing Edwards. It was ill timed and over zealous. Post a post and then celebrate off social media.
Butt hurt. Toughen up buttercup.

This might piss someone off but as a player in the secondary, I bet my left nut Bowen will never be as good as BenMo. Certainly no Kyle Hamilton. Not at OU he won’t be.

17-year-olds are what Oregon Football and Phil Knight/Nike markets to. Not you.

And they do one hell of a damn good job. Freshman admission applications have quadrupled the last 10 years, and the school is now considered "cool..." by many teenagers, especially on the West Coast.
We’re all getting tired of your pac 12 love in an ND disguise.

Reactions: NDblitz and Telx1
Is it confirmed he is flipping? I got nothing against a kid flipping but to wait this long before telling ND is a low-class move. That is a spot that could go to another kid. Maybe it means he is staying?

Reactions: theskibro
Is it confirmed he is flipping? I got nothing against a kid flipping but to wait this long before telling ND is a low-class move. That is a spot that could go to another kid. Maybe it means he is staying?
At this point it does not even qualify as a flip. Everyone can see his actions as those of an undecided.

Final decision… yes

As much effort as nd put in despite everyone knowing he wanted to go elsewhere including staff. He should have publicly decommitted and if he wouldn’t do that then nd should have cut ties. Freeman allowed Bowen to dictate everything . That won’t work ever. I want the top players and it won’t be easy, but if they make it clear they don’t want to be here then cut it off

At this point it does not even qualify as a flip. Everyone can see his actions as those of an undecided.
Peyton Bowen has said nothing definitively about where he will announce to on NSD. He is still a verbal to Notre Dame.

Will Bowen attend Notre Dame next Fall? If you read the tea leaves, very likely no.

Final decision… yes

Certainly spent a shit load of time, money and energy on this kid that could have been spent elsewhere. I think we may find out the kid hasn’t been commited in a long time. Why else do you let him run all over the country, wears other schools gear in games and tweets positive sht about other schools all the time. Sends out a weird message to those that are seriously committed. I want him to have success wherever he ends up but I’ll never be a fan of his. if we don’t land him it’s hard to see how freeman/staff didn’t get played. If we do land him keep an eye on the portal

Certainly spent a shit load of time, money and energy on this kid that could have been spent elsewhere. I think we may find out the kid hasn’t been commited in a long time. Why else do you let him run all over the country, wears other schools gear in games and tweets positive sht about other schools all the time. Sends out a weird message to those that are seriously committed. I want him to have success wherever he ends up but I’ll never be a fan of his. if we don’t land him it’s hard to see how freeman/staff didn’t get played. If we do land him keep an eye on the portal
I somewhat doubt that recruiting resources were diverted when the staff knows even more than we do. It is not like that Clemson QB, no one can point to a different recruit and say we would have got him but for Bowen.

For what it is worth, Peyton’s coach said he thinks it is ND. He had a trip to Oregon scheduled but canceled it and an official to OU and canceled that. He said the easiest thing to do is stick with your commitment. Wilfong is pretty accurate on predictions by flipping to OU throws a different spin on it. The other Bowen , Drake said he and Peyton want to pave the way for ND just a few days ago. I wonder if the Bowen’s have any idea that both Peyton ad Eli have an opportunity to get ND educated at zero cost to the family. I think they have four kids. You never know where football is going to take you

He's not going to announce anything and deal with the backlash. He's going to sign on signing day where he wants to go. Most likely Oklahoma at this point
I agree it’s likely Oklahoma. That said, nothing would surprise me.

You are right. Forgot about that. We will see in a couple of days and we will see what somebody is made out of .

The price of poker may just have gone up. Maybe, you never know. Maybe, just maybe Pyne knew who the surprise recruit that everybody is talking about, Maybe just maybe it is a QB. Pure speculation there is a lot of interest in ND. Oh, how the tide could turn in an instant. The message boards are so much fun

if we get even one season of the #14 player in the entire country at a desperate position of need, every moment of travel, conversation, hair pulling between Bowen and the ND coaching staff would have been worth it.

A lot of people need to start wrapping their head around the value of these top 100 players, especially those 5 star guys, even just 1 season of performance is probably worth millions to the program.

When Bowen is keeping USC WRs out of the endzone in 2023 and beyond nobody is going to be complaining about the gear he wore on twitter in October 22. And Marcus Freeman knows this more than anybody which is why he's going to go balls to the wall until the last second he has.

Marcus Freeman has ZERO leverage with 5 star recruits in a landscape where they are being offered millions in NIL signing bonuses and all he's got is a 5 digit universal NIL to offer

Last edited:
if we get even one season of the #14 player in the entire country at a desperate position of need, every moment of travel, conversation, hair pulling between Bowen and the ND coaching staff would have been worth it.

A lot of people need to start wrapping their head around the value of these top 100 players, especially those 5 star guys, even just 1 season of performance is probably worth millions to the program.

When Bowen is keeping USC WRs out of the endzone in 2023 and beyond allowing ND to get that important W, nobody is going to be complaining about the gear he wore on twitter in October 22.

Coaches have ZERO leverage with 5 star recruits in a landscape where they are being offered millions before even stepping on campus in NIL now.

And Marcus Freeman knows this more than anybody which is why he's going to go balls to the wall fighting until the last moment to get that ever important LOI and as fans we shouldn't want it any other way
Our resident CFB expert.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
The price of poker may just have gone up. Maybe, you never know. Maybe, just maybe Pyne knew who the surprise recruit that everybody is talking about, Maybe just maybe it is a QB. Pure speculation there is a lot of interest in ND. Oh, how the tide could turn in an instant. The message boards are so much fun
Surprise recruit?

For what it is worth, Peyton’s coach said he thinks it is ND. He had a trip to Oregon scheduled but canceled it and an official to OU and canceled that. He said the easiest thing to do is stick with your commitment. Wilfong is pretty accurate on predictions by flipping to OU throws a different spin on it. The other Bowen , Drake said he and Peyton want to pave the way for ND just a few days ago. I wonder if the Bowen’s have any idea that both Peyton ad Eli have an opportunity to get ND educated at zero cost to the family. I think they have four kids. You never know where football is going to take you
Where did you see the quote from his coach?

Where did you see the quote from his coach?
Reed Heim is Bowen’s high school football coach at Guyer High School in Denton, TX, and Heim has a theory.

“In my opinion, the longer that he stays committed to Notre Dame — every second that he stays committed to Notre Dame — I think his chances of going to Notre Dame are going up,” Heim told AllSooners on Monday. “Because he already made that decision a long time ago. So it's the easiest thing for him to do, is just stick with it.”
The article is all sooners

When Bowen is keeping USC WRs out of the endzone in 2023 and beyond nobody is going to be complaining about the gear he wore on twitter in October 22. And Marcus Freeman knows this more than anybody which is why he's going to go balls to the wall until the last second he has.

Marcus Freeman has ZERO leverage with 5 star recruits in a landscape where they are being offered millions in NIL signing bonuses and all you got is a 5 digit universal NIL to compete with.
Curious of your financial analysis on the ROI if ND spent 2M on composite 5 star Jaylen Sneed after year 1 at ND? I know I know I know Bowens different right? If the asking price is 2M, best interest of both parties to go their separate ways.

Curious of your financial analysis on the ROI if ND spent 2M on composite 5 star Jaylen Sneed after year 1 at ND? I know I know I know Bowens different right? If the asking price is 2M, best interest of both parties to go their separate ways.
Im happy you brought this topic up because it leads into another point i wanted to touch on.

The best way to look at it is how a pro organization would look at a draft pick.

In pro sports a first round pick has a certain dollar value attached to it irrespective of the outcome of that draft pick. And that dollar value is way higher than the dollar amount it would cost to take a chance on the player that is being signed at that pick

For example, no franchise is going to forfeit a first round pick because they have to offer first round money to the player they pick. The pick in and of itself is way more valuable than the money it would take to take a chance on that player.

In college football the top 100 or so prospects are like first round draft picks, the 5 star guys are like lottery picks so to speak. You want to sign as many of these guys as you possibly can because they have the highest likelihood of providing an ROI (maybe not in every individual case, but definitely in aggregate)

So yes, even if ND offered Sneed a fair market value NIL deal--in the millions--to sign and all Sneed did was jerk off and eat cheetos all day and never took a single snap at ND, ND should continue to sign/pay fair market value for blue-chip talent going forward (it's a no brainer risk they take every time).

The barrier here isn't the cash amount; millions of dollars is a drop in the bucket to a billion dollar enterprise that blue blood college football programs like ND have become. The barrier is NDs archaic philosophy/policies that they are operating under and self handicapping themselves with.

Last edited:
I forget who it was last year but I enjoy the daily doozle. Someone keep finding insight into what Bowen had for breakfast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT