ADVERTISEMENT

What if's, college football 150

Catholicfan95

ND Expert
Jun 3, 2013
#11 what if ND would have joined the big10. Several on the panel said that we would be more relevant in the 2000s. Thoughts?

#11 what if ND would have joined the big10. Several on the panel said that we would be more relevant in the 2000s. Thoughts?

They’re all morons.

That would have prevented ND from playing all over the country, which gave us National exposure and recruiting clout and it would have prevented ND from getting the lucrative contract with NBC.

What if Rockne hadn't died in a plane crash? What if Leahy and Parseghian hadn't burned themselves out and coached into their mid 60's? What if Lou had been hired in 1981 instead of Faust? What if ND had stayed the course and become a football dominated university instead of academics? What if George O'Leary hadn't embellished his resume and Loserham and Weis never coached here? What if Meyer had taken the job in 2005? The what if game is a useless exercise IMHO. It simply changes nothing.

Reactions: sluggo69
What if we keep Miami from converting 3rd and 43 in the orange bowl 1989?

We win that and have back to back titles.

27-10 was the final ...

but at the time we had all the momentum at that point ....down 17-10 and if we stop that we take control of the game. I really believe that we tie avd go ahead. The field tilted.

Then...

3rd and 43

&%$#@(* BS

Reactions: sluggo69
What if I had not gotten bad strawberries last night!

What if Rockne hadn't died in a plane crash? What if Leahy and Parseghian hadn't burned themselves out and coached into their mid 60's? What if Lou had been hired in 1981 instead of Faust? What if ND had stayed the course and become a football dominated university instead of academics? What if George O'Leary hadn't embellished his resume and Loserham and Weis never coached here? What if Meyer had taken the job in 2005? The what if game is a useless exercise IMHO. It simply changes nothing.
A lot more National Championships

What if Pete Bercich doesn't drop an easy int. vs. BC? Booby Bowden doesn't win his first natty.

I agree, it was just something that ESPN had put out there and I wanted to get some feedback from others. If ifs and buts were candies and nuts....I get it.

I agree, it was just something that ESPN had put out there and I wanted to get some feedback from others. If ifs and buts were candies and nuts....I get it.
That was the old wise saying my brain couldn't recall. Thanks for the reminder my friend.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT