ADVERTISEMENT

Denbrock vs Ludwig

THUNDERSTRUCK111

Posts Like A Champion
Feb 21, 2012
With hindsight always being 20/20.
If we hired Ludwig we probably wouldn’t have gotten Denbrock. Which of the 2 in your opinion would you have rather had. Thoughts ?

Reactions: BGI User 756
Both are top tier ocs capable of championship level offense. I would say Ludwig, for two reasons, because we'd be farther along in the install process and also because we would have brought in his offensive line coach with him.

But it's really splitting hairs. I'm excited to see what coach den does to highlight the playmakers we have.

Both are top tier ocs capable of championship level offense. I would say Ludwig, for two reasons, because we'd be farther along in the install process and also because we would have brought in his offensive line coach with him.

But it's really splitting hairs. I'm excited to see what coach den does to highlight the playmakers we have.
Good point. I slightly prefer Mike because he knows and gets ND

I for one was disappointed that we didn’t get Ludwig.
Seems like ND did the smart thing and didn’t just go get anyone , promoted from within and see what comes available the next season.

And bam
Now we got Mike Denbrock
One of those patience is a virtue type moments. Jmo.

Neither of these two would have been my top choice but if I had to pick it would be Denbrock, simply for the fact that he's been an OC at the highest level of competition (SEC) and is at least partly responsible for developing Daniels who is a consensus top 5 pick right now.

More importantly though, ND needs to start hiring coaching staff that are better on the recruiting trail. Tireless motivated recruiters (we need more of them on our staff). Finding recruiters during coaching hires has NEVER seem to be a focus of the university though for some reason and it doesn't make a lot of sense when the biggest impediment to notre dame's national championship aspirations is lack of upside/elite talent.

Neither of these two would have been my top choice but if I had to pick it would be Denbrock, simply for the fact that he's been an OC at the highest level of competition (SEC) and is at least partly responsible for developing Daniels who is a consensus top 5 pick right now.

More importantly though, ND needs to start hiring coaching staff that are better on the recruiting trail. Tireless motivated recruiters (we need more of them on our staff). Finding recruiters during coaching hires has NEVER seem to be a focus of the university though for some reason and it doesn't make a lot of sense when the biggest impediment to notre dame's national championship aspirations is lack of upside/elite talent.
We have a lot of dogs on this staff in recruiting

Who would you suggest?

Name your candidates on both sides of the ball

Thanks

Appreciate the input fellas.
Just some observations
It seems Denbrock wants to throw the football and run when your off balance

And Ludwig wants to lean more run heavy then play action pass.
Thoughts?
Jmo.

Just some observations

Thoughts?
Jmo.
If what you believe is true about Denbrock, that contradicts what Freeman has said in the past about what he envisions the offense will look like.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
Just some observations

Thoughts?
Jmo.

If what you believe is true about Denbrock, that contradicts what Freeman has said in the past about what he envisions the offense will look like.
I believe that we have wanted a change in the BK offensive philosophy for 13 years. Every time we think we think we're out they pull us back in.

I agree.
But after hearing some press conferences and how the wr room is very talented , and they have the running backs lining up in the slot etc catching passes outta the backfield etc.
Seems Denbrock will tailor the offense to the strengths of the roster.
I guess we will see soon enough.

Just some observations

Thoughts?
Jmo.
I think Utah is more under center and playaction and a little more run oriented according to stats but LSU had an awesome QB that can pass and also scramble for big yards. They also had two first round picks at WR. So the passing may be more a function of that.

I feel like offensive coordinators are more trying to use playcalls as a way to stress the defensive scheme as opposed to just running a lot and then going playaction though that can work too.

For example, USC’s first drive against ND was:

1st and 10: run
2nd and 9: pass
3rd and 9: pass (converted)
1st and 10: playaction pass

USC hadn’t set the playaction up at that point by successful running but the playcall was designed to put stress on the defense. USC got the desired result but they gave up pressure and Williams missed the throw.

USC had another drive where they passed on first and took a sack. It was then 2nd and 20 and they went playaction and picked up the first down.

MD......left a dream job for his dream job......coached in the SEC against the best defenses CFB has to throw at you.....didnt come sit at a hockey game to play around with his old school.....

Hands down, MD....top coach...top resume....wants to be here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT