ADVERTISEMENT

Well---

one thing we suspect (from watching Bama in big games) that USC learned last night. You better come broke and you better come Maualuga ready! you better be Cushing ready, you better be Matthews ready! Or your not competing.

one thing we suspect (from watching Bama in big games) that USC learned last night. You better come broke and you better come Maualuga ready! you better be Cushing ready, you better be Matthews ready! Or your not competing.
Thanks Coach. You don't need to post every stupid thought that comes to your vapid brain.

Purse reminds of the mutt from Sat Nite fever

Just a pathetic wannabee one of the guys that never made it - in fact jumped off the Verrazano Narrows
64a29dcc-9308-4a65-9cbf-764ff242e1ff.jpg

Probably some of both. Alabama looks like the #1 team, but USC didn't look too good. I'm not sold on Helton. He's never been a head coach before. Remember how that turned out for us with Davie and Weis.

thought SC looked really good the first quarter. Defense was fast and athletic, and they were giving Bama all they could handle on the line of scrimmage; and the DBs were all over the Bama receivers. I wasn't watching the game closely enough to see if Bama made adjustments, or whether they just stepped up their effort and execution; but Bama totally controlled the line after the first quarter on both sides of the ball. SC has a ton of talent, and I expect them to be formidable by the time we play. If not, I expect Helton will be gone after this season.

Nick Saban with more than one week to prepare is typically that good.

USC might continue to disappoint though. They have the talent to hang with 'Bama, but they looked completely overmatched in the parts I watched.

thought SC looked really good the first quarter. Defense was fast and athletic, and they were giving Bama all they could handle on the line of scrimmage; and the DBs were all over the Bama receivers. I wasn't watching the game closely enough to see if Bama made adjustments, or whether they just stepped up their effort and execution; but Bama totally controlled the line after the first quarter on both sides of the ball. SC has a ton of talent, and I expect them to be formidable by the time we play. If not, I expect Helton will be gone after this season.

They simply have more team speed off the edges . You can't mount any kind of sustained passing game vs them due to the perimeter pressure , and running the ball is very difficult . Just a ton of talent in the box

Reactions: HRC08
They simply have more team speed off the edges . You can't mount any kind of sustained passing game vs them due to the perimeter pressure , and running the ball is very difficult . Just a ton of talent in the box
Some are saying this may be Bama's best defense under Saban. They could probably beat the Cleveland Browns next week.

Well-- the result does demonstrate a strong defense is essential to success. Alabama controlled the game with their defense giving the offense the opportunity to make the adjustments necessary. We will see what the ND defense looks like tonight.

I felt their defense played really well in the first half. They showed great speed on the outside run fits. They probably got deflated watching how badly Browne ran the offense.

I agree and glad you saw the same thing. Their defense more then handled their own in the first half. Hutchins (sic?) is going to be a star. I think they just felt at some point "why the hell bother? Our offense is hanging is out to dry!"

Pennick, I know you kidding about Bama beating Cleveland, but that is what is so amazing about the NFL. The worst team in the NFL would beat the H$#$ out of the best team in college FB. Just think, if Bama has 6 starters that make it to the NFL and 4 or 5 end up starting, the worst team in the NFL has 22 college kids that start and 45 on the roster. That just let's you know how talented the NFL players are. Pertaining to Bama and USC, my guess is USC isn't as bad as they looked. However if AL has really found a difference maker at QB, they may well be headed to another NC.

yep; Helton was not the hire of the current A.D.
swann will be looking to bring in 'his guy' if things don't improve dramatically.
There is talent but depth is not where it is norm for SC. In fact SC kinda ran into "USC' last night, wearing Bama uni's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT