ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early concerns in the QB room (Carr v Knight)

Quest4Twelve

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Aug 31, 2009
Carr most likely sits next year unless something happens to Leonard. That's assuming that Angeli says thank you ND and goes to play somewhere his last year.

Knight comes in '25 and the kid is a dynamic talent and has a different skill set than Carr. How do you keep both of these kids on the roster and who has the bigger upside?

Carr most likely sits next year unless something happens to Leonard. That's assuming that Angeli says thank you ND and goes to play somewhere his last year.

Knight comes in '25 and the kid is a dynamic talent and has a different skill set than Carr. How do you keep both of these kids on the roster and who has the bigger upside?
I dont know. Be honest with them. Let them compete

Knight has bigger upside. It's crazy his talent

Carr has the higher floor and will have an extra year in system

Last edited:
I dont know. Be honest with them. Let them compete

Knight has bigger upside. It's crazy his talent

Carr has the higher floor and will have an extra year in system
In the games I watched him play it appears he (Knight) needs to improve on his pocket presence, he bails quick. Who has the better arm talent?

I will always take accuracy over arm strength. With few exceptions the very best QBs do not have cannons for arms

Reactions: Pennick4
Carr is far more polished than Knight at this time. Knight is a Vince Young type talent that is also a ball of clay. He needs a lot of molding before getting his first start. Personally, I think it's in his best interest to backup Carr for 2 years before taking over.

Reactions: Golson5

It's a good problem to have!

Reactions: tbone3114
Here’s my prediction for QB the next few years, barring injuries
24- Leonard starts. Minchey eventually transfers.
25- Carr wins the job. Angeli maybe transfers but I’ve heard he loves ND and would still stick around so who knows. Deuce redshirts
26- Carr
27- Carr leaves. Deuce steps in and starts one seeason for us after having 2 years to develop.

Two stud QB’s on the team competing (granted Knight signs).

THIS is the problem elite teams have. Give me this issue at all positions please!

Reactions: IrishMike409
I think we see Carr in the mop up duty next year. If there is an injury to RL, and ND is winning and in the hunt, that might give Angeli his opportunity as Carr is likely not ready to play as #1 yet. If RL is healthy, hoping Angeli stays for his degree, I think that's likely. Minchey most likely odd man out. Then Knight should come and expect to play Jr and Sr seasons after Carr leaves.

This is a great problem to have. You want your QB room to be so talented that when one QB leaves or gets injured, whoever is next in line does not have a drop off in talent and production.
Recruiting for 23 and 24 has been great and right now ND has the top class in 25. WIN and they will come. The RB room is another position that will be absolutely loaded next year...Price, Love, Payne, Williams, Young.

It's impressive what slavish status-worshippers this board consists of. Kenny Minchey was pretty highly rated, and was a consensus 4-star recruit. But he definitely doesn't come with the cachet of the other two, and thus is written off as a matter of course. To the point where you're not even really fans, and this isn't about football. There's absolutely no reason to think CJ Carr, or even less Duece Knight, is going to blow past Minchey on the depth chart like he's not even there.

We truly live in a class society in this country which permeates every aspect of people's souls. And the impulse for people of all stripes and political persuasions to helplessly attach themselves to anything high-status is remarkable....

It's impressive what slavish status-worshippers this board consists of. Kenny Minchey was pretty highly rated, and was a consensus 4-star recruit. But he definitely doesn't come with the cachet of the other two, and thus is written off as a matter of course. To the point where you're not even really fans, and this isn't about football. There's absolutely no reason to think CJ Carr, or even less Duece Knight, is going to blow past Minchey on the depth chart like he's not even there.

We truly live in a class society in this country which permeates every aspect of people's souls. And the impulse for people of all stripes and political persuasions to helplessly attach themselves to anything high-status is remarkable....
I feel sorry for anyone that takes the time to read your drivel

Anyone hat would be shocked about Kenny emerging as the starter over the other two has no idea what they’re talking about. Watch his tape. The line between CJ and Kenny is very small. Much smaller than that between them and Angeli, who I have no confidence is an elite QB talent based on all the tape I’ve watched. We are using Steve to get a bowl win bc he’s older. He will likely never start another game at ND.

I have watched tape of both and I laugh at your idea its that close but then your so called judgement is hilarious as well

I have watched tape of both and I laugh at your idea its that close but then your so called judgement is hilarious as well
Kenny won't lose the battle (if he does) because of a huge talent gap.

He may have more arm talent than Carr. It's close.

I think Carr is the better prospect but it's not a wide gap at all

Wow thank you professor for the word salad

That will be the problem in every QB room from here on out unless they correct the transfer portal

I wonder how long "watching tape" will remain a common term. It's probably been quite awhile since most of us actually used a VCR or projection reel. Love having this QB problem though.

This is a great problem to have. You want your QB room to be so talented that when one QB leaves or gets injured, whoever is next in line does not have a drop off in talent and production.
Recruiting for 23 and 24 has been great and right now ND has the top class in 25. WIN and they will come. The RB room is another position that will be absolutely loaded next year...Price, Love, Payne, Williams, Young.
No one knows how talented the QB room is until you actually play a game against someone worthwhile. Again, actually play. Until then, this is all simply word salad.

RB's??? Different story. We have watched Price, Love, and Payne..

You just completely ignored Minchey. If Angeli transfers, Minchey is probably number 2. If Minchey wins the starting job going into 2025, then the premise of your question is turned on it's head.

No one knows how talented the QB room is until you actually play a game against someone worthwhile. Again, actually play. Until then, this is all simply word salad.

RB's??? Different story. We have watched Price, Love, and Payne..
This is incorrect

Anyone hat would be shocked about Kenny emerging as the starter over the other two has no idea what they’re talking about. Watch his tape. The line between CJ and Kenny is very small. Much smaller than that between them and Angeli, who I have no confidence is an elite QB talent based on all the tape I’ve watched. We are using Steve to get a bowl win bc he’s older. He will likely never start another game at ND.
What if Steve goes 19-26, 257 yards, and 2 TDs in a convincing win?
I feel sorry for anyone that takes the time to read your drivel
It’s not an off the wall take.

If Minchey decides to stick around and wants to be a real factor in this thing, he will be.

The question is- does he want to stay at ND and gamble and go toe to toe with studs like Carr, Knight, and even Angeli? The prize being the ultimate: ND’s starting quarterback role.

Or does he want to transfer somewhere else, and win 7-8 games, not be a factor on the national scene, but get a ton of PT?

All early indications are that Minchey has the tools to be a starting QB, at a power-5 school. Can he beat out 5-star studs and be “that guy” at ND? Time will tell.

Reactions: NDOnTheRoad

If Minchey decides to stick around and wants to be a real factor in this thing, he will be.

The question is- does he want to stay at ND and gamble and go toe to toe with studs like Carr, Knight, and even Angeli? The prize being the ultimate: ND’s starting quarterback role.

Or does he want to transfer somewhere else, and win 7-8 games, not be a factor on the national scene, but get a ton of PT?

All early indications are that Minchey has the tools to be a starting QB, at a power-5 school. Can he beat out 5-star studs and be “that guy” at ND? Time will tell.
I just like Kenny Minchey a lot, and without question would rate him higher than CJ Carr on the merits. But Carr has the elite pedigree blue chip status, and so does 'Deuce', so they get the predictably fawning deference from the usual suspect fans.

Besides just the matter of pure ability/potential, Minchey has the leg up by virtue of being a year older. And yet he's already being written out of the picture. So it's just obnoxious to start a thread about that.

What if what if. What if the walk on QB is the best QB?

Its Oregon State. Who cares.

They are a good team
They have a lot of opt outs. We are deeper. Our opt outs do not impact the game that much. We should win by a lot. Leonard is better than Angeli. I’m tired of hearing the peanut butter Angeli bull shit.

They have a lot of opt outs. We are deeper. Our opt outs do not impact the game that much. We should win by a lot. Leonard is better than Angeli. I’m tired of hearing the peanut butter Angeli bull shit.
Everyone knows Leonard is better. Oregon state is still a good team

Carr is far more polished than Knight at this time. Knight is a Vince Young type talent that is also a ball of clay. He needs a lot of molding before getting his first start. Personally, I think it's in his best interest to backup Carr for 2 years before taking over.
Doubt that can happen in today's CFB.

I just like Kenny Minchey a lot, and without question would rate him higher than CJ Carr on the merits. But Carr has the elite pedigree blue chip status, and so does 'Deuce', so they get the predictably fawning deference from the usual suspect fans.

Besides just the matter of pure ability/potential, Minchey has the leg up by virtue of being a year older. And yet he's already being written out of the picture. So it's just obnoxious to start a thread about that.
what makes your opinion worth a bucket of spit?
your ego?

Reactions: Pennick4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT