ADVERTISEMENT

Go with Carr or Minchey in 24

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
I know ND is going to take a QB in 24 (Freeman wants 4 on the roster). But taking another stop-gap QB is just going to prolong the 9-3 agony.

Assuming Carr signs in 20 days he is as an elite QB ND has seen in 20 years. Let him at least compete for the job, he’s just going to sit for a year and enter the portal.

According to the posters in this board Minchey is a star in waiting (has 12 yards all season and can’t move a head of Angeli) but whatever, that’s what the posters all say.

If they go with a portal QB they will pay $$$ and all but guarantee the starting job to him.

Let them fight it out.

Last edited:
I can see Angeli going elsewhere. I think Minchey has a chance to start in 25' or at least a battle with Carr. Minchey will be main backup to Leonard in 24'. Liked ANGELI but I believe ND athleticism at QB is improving.

I've been saying this since Coan.

But, if you can get the OL, the RB's, the TE's (what's left of them), and the remaining WR's and they can stay healthy, then you can start one of the young kids (hopefully Carr arrives and is equal to his hype), then you can work him in slowly to CFB with a strong running game for the first 5 games and try to open it up in the 2nd half of the year. Bring in a QB for bench strength. Lot's of ifs. But he should be able to go 9-3 and equal Sam Heisman.

If I'm Freeman, I tell the guys considering leaving early for NFL that I accept their decision, but I need them to announce their intent before their teammates. Why they have decided not to fulfill their commitment to their teammates, the coaching staff, the University, and their fellow students. Coat that Catholic guilt on them. Cut back on the money to the transfer QB and get a WR, DE, and maybe pay a little something something for Alt to return.

I don’t know, you never know but on paper Carr is the future. I don’t think you risk your program and career on Minchey or Carr.

One year is not going to do anything but help Carr. Someone who has been there and runs a QB room.

Get Leonard, Mentor Carr and Minchey and prepare for Deuce.

Angeli is not the guy to get you a championship. He is a backup.

My two cents.

I've been saying this since Coan.

But, if you can get the OL, the RB's, the TE's (what's left of them), and the remaining WR's and they can stay healthy, then you can start one of the young kids (hopefully Carr arrives and is equal to his hype), then you can work him in slowly to CFB with a strong running game for the first 5 games and try to open it up in the 2nd half of the year. Bring in a QB for bench strength. Lot's of ifs. But he should be able to go 9-3 and equal Sam Heisman.

If I'm Freeman, I tell the guys considering leaving early for NFL that I accept their decision, but I need them to announce their intent before their teammates. Why they have decided not to fulfill their commitment to their teammates, the coaching staff, the University, and their fellow students. Coat that Catholic guilt on them. Cut back on the money to the transfer QB and get a WR, DE, and maybe pay a little something something for Alt to return.
Huh? This is crazy. Alt come back? He’s a top-10 pick.

Catholic guilt for going to the NFL draft? Is this real?

Reactions: DublinND
Huh? This is crazy. Alt come back? He’s a top-10 pick.

Catholic guilt for going to the NFL draft? Is this real?
You might be memory challenged. A number of top 10 picks, no dash needed, have returned to play out their eligibility for ND. Teo is one. There have been others.

The difference is ND could see to it they are paid now. I realize it's hard for you to think, so I don't expect you to understand.

You might be memory challenged. A number of top 10 picks, no dash needed, have returned to play out their eligibility for ND. Teo is one. There have been others.

The difference is ND could see to it they are paid now. I realize it's hard for you to think, so I don't expect you to understand.
Cmon. You don’t need to get personal and attempt to insult me. I won’t play that game w you.

No chance Alt comes back. No one on this board will agree with you. Get it together.

I can see Angeli going elsewhere. I think Minchey has a chance to start in 25' or at least a battle with Carr. Minchey will be main backup to Leonard in 24'. Liked ANGELI but I believe ND athleticism at QB is improving.
Minchey has yet to beat out Angeli. This is laughable.

Cmon. You don’t need to get personal and attempt to insult me. I won’t play that game w you.

No chance Alt comes back. No one on this board will agree with you. Get it together.
Crazy? Real? pot>kettle

I don't care what the board agrees with. Like you, they thought Sam would win a Heisman and BVG was a defensive genius. This board is a contra indicator.

Unlike you, I have a personal friend that did come back to ND instead of going first round. So I know, on a personal level.

Last edited:
Crazy? Real? pot>kettle

I don't care what the board agrees with. Like you, they thought Sam would win a Heisman and BVG was a defensive genius. This board is a contra indicator.

Unlike you, I have a personal friend that did come back to ND instead of going first round. So I know, on a personal level.
Fair enough. Maybe it happens. I genuinely hope you’re right. Would love it if Alt came back and anchored the OL.

IMO our ideal starting QBs going forward are
24- Leonard
25-26 Carr
27 Deuce

Minchey could very well be a star, I just think he gets squeezed between Leonard and CJ
The last time ND brought in a grad transfer for QB, they lost their top 2 guys at the position. If/When Leonard arrives, Carr will be on campus and practicing with the team. So, if ND loses Carr and Angeli or Minchey when they sign Leonard, are you ok with that?

The last time ND brought in a grad transfer for QB, they lost their top 2 guys at the position. If/When Leonard arrives, Carr will be on campus and practicing with the team. So, if ND loses Carr and Angeli or Minchey when they sign Leonard, are you ok with that?
I highly doubt we lose Carr if we bring in Leonard for a year. I expect to lose Angeli or Minchey. If we lost Angeli AND Minchey that wouldn’t be ideal in terms of depth for next season, but yes it would be worth it if Leonard is a better QB for one season.

C.J. is going to be a very good fit for N.D., but I feel not playing for a year can only help him, learn the playbook ect. when he gets his chance to play he will shine like no other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT