ADVERTISEMENT

wannna say how proud i am of this team for last night with all the issues they were dealing with

coolirish9

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 7, 2011
maybe some who are bashing this team doesn't know this but half or almost half of this team was playing with some sort of the flu last in cold night time conditions and yet not only did they win but did it by 25 pts. i think some of irish nation on multiple social media sites need to give this team a pat on the back for playing while sick instead of bashing them for only winning by 25 pts

Last edited:
You'd never know they won the game. 9-1 and the majority of the posts here seem to always have a negative slant. It's certainly not the board it used to be.

You'd never know they won the game. 9-1 and the majority of the posts here seem to always have a negative slant. It's certainly not the board it used to be.
I haven’t taken a tally, but it seems to me that the vast majority of posts here after the game have been positive. It wouldn’t be a ND message board without some debate over our QB play, or second guessing Kelly. Still, it seems to me that most here are applauding a great defensive effort, a solid offensive output, and applauding specific players on offense and defense for some great individual play. Even Nasty had something like 9 out of 10 positive observations.

For anyone here that thinks this team's aspiration should be trying to get to the playoff this kind of play is NOT going to get you there. I believe the frustration is the cumulation of the frustration with Kelly how he let's off the gas when we get a lead then plays not to lose. It's not like it is one game. This is Kelly's MO. We needed to hang 60 on this team to make a statement. Kelly does not see to or care, that it is about style points now. Plus, it's instilling that killer mentality into your team that when you start rolling, stomp harder on the gas, don't let off.

Reactions: Golson5
It used to be even worse. Led by USC fans like Perse and all those Semnole fans.
It is much more upbeat now !

Reactions: Pennick4
I haven’t taken a tally, but it seems to me that the vast majority of posts here after the game have been positive. It wouldn’t be a ND message board without some debate over our QB play, or second guessing Kelly. Still, it seems to me that most here are applauding a great defensive effort, a solid offensive output, and applauding specific players on offense and defense for some great individual play. Even Nasty had something like 9 out of 10 positive observations.
You're probably right, I haven't counted either since last night. Now for the season as a whole It's been incredibly negative here despite the winning ways. I'm thrilled at how the team has progressed and how many talented young players have developed.

Reactions: Pennick4
You're probably right, I haven't counted either since last night. Now for the season as a whole It's been incredibly negative here despite the winning ways. I'm thrilled at how the team has progressed and how many talented young players have developed.
You are one of the negative posters so why are you complaining?

Progress for sure. Alt and Kristofic were critical missing pieces early on. Winning is paramount, but we all recognized we were winning ugly and three wins could have easily been losses, and we were absolutely playing poorly. Patience as the OL grew into a coordinated unit was hard to come by, and it turned out that these two replacements were needed first and foremost; and then play calling and tempo needed to adjust to the line and Coan’s lack of mobility, while finding a role for Buchner. Lots of moving parts during the season and pretty remarkable that we sit here 9-1. So yes, the majority of posts were critical and pointing out some obvious deficiencies early on, but I think the same would have been true several years ago, just as they were in 2016.

Reactions: Golson5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT