ADVERTISEMENT

Shifting the Paradigm - Proud Notre Dame Fan!!!!!!

DOMER1964

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 6, 2011
Notre Dame Nation:

I am not one to speak ill of others but have been a member of this board for some time. I recall the many horrible losses suffered in the past by ND and critiques provided by board members. In many instances the harsh commentary was well deserved. I am one to lament that things are looking up for our future. I for one am proud of this team, relative to what it is and what it could have been. I am enjoying watching this team, especially as we watch our players and their hard work pay off. To see the player that Chris Tyree has become - I for one am thrilled. He is a special player and an even better young man. I am biased being from Virginia.

It has been a long time since being able to look at a Notre Dame football team and be able to state with confidence that they can match up well with most teams out there and win. The way that we dominated both USC and Pitt, I feel is only the beginning of a beautiful thing. Watching players like, Jaden Mickey and Jadarian Price and knowing their stories speaks volumes of their abilities to overcome hardships and define their successes. They have both experienced family and personal-related hardships and being able to persevere just warms my heart and speaks to their character.

We have a lot to talent on this team and I can name several (My Top 6) as my favorites, but the ones that I love watching are:

- Jerimyah Love
- Xavier Watts
- Jaden Mickey
- Jadarian Price
- Jordan Faison
- Howard Cross

What are your top Six? Notre Dame Nation - Let's enjoy these wins and this team, they deserve it! Go Irish!!!!!

It’s a much better year than last at this point, that is for sure.

I love the talent MF is bringing in and with the coaching.

Land this 24 and 25 class and this is gonna look like the late 80’s.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I always feel bad for those fans who say at Notre Dame it's national championship or bust. Over the last century, that means we've had a good season about once every 10-12 years. You have to appreciate all the other good seasons as well.

As to my top six players this year, I'd have to go with Howard Cross and JT Bertrand on defense. They give their all on every play. People criticize Bertrand a lot, but he never gives up on a play. I'd also have to go with Xavier Watts on defense just because of his last two games.

Three other players I'd pick come from the offensive side: Estime, who has become a complete player and who has scored a couple of really big TDs, Holden Staes, who I think could be targeted more, and Faison, again based on his recent performances. I loved his punt return yesterday. He fought for every one of those 15 yards he gained.

1. Rylie Mills
2. Jayden Thomas
3. Chris Tyree
4. Marist Liufau
5. Mitchell Evans
6. Cam Hart

It’s a much better year than last at this point, that is for sure.

I love the talent MF is bringing in and with the coaching.

Land this 24 and 25 class and this is gonna look like the late 80’s.
Don't get my hopes up

I always feel bad for those fans who say at Notre Dame it's national championship or bust. Over the last century, that means we've had a good season about once every 10-12 years. You have to appreciate all the other good seasons as well.

This puts into perspective why most posters have little to contribute.

Notre Dame Nation:

I am not one to speak ill of others but have been a member of this board for some time. I recall the many horrible losses suffered in the past by ND and critiques provided by board members. In many instances the harsh commentary was well deserved. I am one to lament that things are looking up for our future. I for one am proud of this team, relative to what it is and what it could have been. I am enjoying watching this team, especially as we watch our players and their hard work pay off. To see the player that Chris Tyree has become - I for one am thrilled. He is a special player and an even better young man. I am biased being from Virginia.

It has been a long time since being able to look at a Notre Dame football team and be able to state with confidence that they can match up well with most teams out there and win. The way that we dominated both USC and Pitt, I feel is only the beginning of a beautiful thing. Watching players like, Jaden Mickey and Jadarian Price and knowing their stories speaks volumes of their abilities to overcome hardships and define their successes. They have both experienced family and personal-related hardships and being able to persevere just warms my heart and speaks to their character.

We have a lot to talent on this team and I can name several (My Top 6) as my favorites, but the ones that I love watching are:

- Jerimyah Love
- Xavier Watts
- Jaden Mickey
- Jadarian Price
- Jordan Faison
- Howard Cross

What are your top Six? Notre Dame Nation - Let's enjoy these wins and this team, they deserve it! Go Irish!!!!!
Admirable sentiments, but IN ALL HONESTY, will you feel the same if ND LOSES TO CLEMSON?

And/or its bowl game, PARTICULARLY IF THE OPPONENT IS LSU?

It's college football.

Everything turns ON A DIME.

I'll fully assess after this season. Indeed so much can change game to game.

But to be sure, ND isn't going to make the playoffs save for a miracle. Couldn't get it done against Ohio State and the game against Louisville was really a killer. We discussed the coaching staff a lot in this context. Fine, no NC...for now.

But ND might run the table and take that proverbial next step. As others have posted, there are exciting players on both sides of the ball. Freeman seems like he is recruiting better...and improving with his staff in game day play calling, which still is a work in progress.

Yes, Clemson is an important game. The Tigers are a cornered beast and should fight hard. Freeman will need to inspire and instill discipline so that ND plays top potential...particularly the offense, not leaning too heavily on defense and special teams.

At this point: year 2 is not bad for Freeman.

not that much changes from game to game, or even season to season though. At least not in a positive way, or at least not at ND.

You get a really good idea of a program's outlook by looking at their track record, their talent ranking, their incoming class ranking, etc.

All of it has been virtually the same for much of the last 1.5 decades now.

ND will be ranked somewhere between 10-15th (closer to 10th on a good year) sometimes as low as late 20s/early 30s on a down year, but on aggregate somewhere between 10-15th multiple tiers away from the teams at the very top contending for national titles. It has been the same for almost 15 years now.

Notre Dame Nation:

- Jerimyah Love
- Xavier Watts
- Jaden Mickey
- Jadarian Price
- Jordan Faison
- Howard Cross

BMo
Watts
Cross
Evans
Hartman
Tyree

Admirable sentiments, but IN ALL HONESTY, will you feel the same if ND LOSES TO CLEMSON?

And/or its bowl game, PARTICULARLY IF THE OPPONENT IS LSU?

It's college football.

Everything turns ON A DIME.
👍👍👍

Notre Dame Nation:

- Jerimyah Love
- Xavier Watts
- Jaden Mickey
- Jadarian Price
- Jordan Faison
- Howard Cross

Nice post

not that much changes from game to game, or even season to season though. At least not in a positive way, or at least not at ND.

You get a really good idea of a program's outlook by looking at their track record, their talent ranking, their incoming class ranking, etc.

All of it has been virtually the same for much of the last 1.5 decades now.

ND will be ranked somewhere between 10-15th (closer to 10th on a good year) sometimes as low as late 20s/early 30s on a down year, but on aggregate somewhere between 10-15th multiple tiers away from the teams at the very top contending for national titles. It has been the same for almost 15 years now.
F+?!? lol

How did it not predict Okie losing to Kansas?

Or UVA beating NC?

South Alabama throttling Okie State?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT