ADVERTISEMENT

Hannah Hildago - Marcus Burton (So proud of these two & they are only freshmen) #3

DOMER1964

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 6, 2011
Notre Dame Nation:

Watching these two in high school and during the current season gives us a glimpse of a very promising future for the men and women basketball teams. They both should win Freshmen of the year honors. Hannah should also win Defensive player of the year and should be 1st Team ACC. They are truly amazing and represents Notre Dame well. Go Irish!!!!

Reactions: irishalice
Notre Dame Nation:

Watching these two in high school and during the current season gives us a glimpse of a very promising future for the men and women basketball teams. They both should win Freshmen of the year honors. Hannah should also win Defensive player of the year and should be 1st Team ACC. They are truly amazing and represents Notre Dame well. Go Irish!!!!
Alice

I was at games. Women finally played great D vs V Tech n then Louisville. Burton is amazing. We took down Clemson n he was big reason why

ND won every event I attended starting Thursday nite except last tennis vs fsu WBB. Mbb lacrosse. Tennis vs Miami win n loss to fsu tennis
I b good luck charm

Last edited:
Alice

I was at games. Women finally played great D vs V Tech n then Louisville. Burton is amazing. We took down Clemson n he was big reason why

ND won every event I attended starting Thursday nite except last tennis vs fsu. Today. ABB. Mbb lacrosse. Tennis vs Miami loss to fsu tennis
I b good luck charm
You better move to the Bend then to keep those charm vibes going!

I think sometime in HS a coach or HS sports talking head said that winning begats winning. Think a winning culture across sports is being cultivated at Notre Dame and the future looks very promising.
Very enjoyable weekend for watching ND sport teams!

Reactions: sluggo69
I just hope they don’t leave early for the professional leagues.
I don’t know much about the women’s game but I doubt Burton leaves early. Due to his height he still has a long ways to go before he will be considered for the NBA. He will likely need to become a dead eye shooter (he’s already a good shooter but at 5’10 that’s not enough for the highest level). I think he stays at least two more seasons and puts His name all over our record books.

I just hope they don’t leave early for the professional leagues.
Its reasonable to assume Hannah will make more in NIL money than a WNBA contract & endorsements. With Miles coming back next year and a 5 star center coming in ND has a great shot at going to the Final Four & competing for a title next year. Burton needs more time to mature his game plus he is a 5'11 pg so he doesnt have the measurables that a NBA team would take a flyer on in the draft.

I am very interested to see who wins woman's freshman of the year. The ncaa's second and third best players are arguably freshman-- Hannah and Juju. Both have advantages. Juju scores and rebounds more but HH's effective fg percentage and absurd number of steals, as well as higher assists, makes her my pick. I suspect some sources will make them co- freshman of the year which works for me.

I am very interested to see who wins woman's freshman of the year. The ncaa's second and third best players are arguably freshman-- Hannah and Juju. Both have advantages. Juju scores and rebounds more but HH's effective fg percentage and absurd number of steals, as well as higher assists, makes her my pick. I suspect some sources will make them co- freshman of the year which works for me.
What's crazy & gotta give credit to Shannan Sharp for pointing it out that the top 5 women bball players have more name id in the general public than the top 5 men's college players. Never would of thought that was possible.

Reactions: melstew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT