ADVERTISEMENT

Clemsom

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
Took the time to go watch them, they strangely remind me of ND minus Hartman.

Strong D, good run game, a QB that is “serviceable”. I think if they score Hartman and we stay with Pyne they might be 8-2 or 9-1.

Duke really did out play them. Yea, they missed two FG (6) and yea, two fumbles deep (14). Duke also lost a fumble deep. So give the 13 pts and they still lose. Give them all the points and they lose by 1.

FSU, that was theirs. Miami, theirs. NC State they just lost.

This is easily, as us, a 6-2 team and be in the top 25. So we got our hands full. They will be the 2nd/3rd most talented team on our schedule behind OSU and USC.

I think without TO’s, this is a OSU type game. 17-14, 14-10 type game.

Toss in some pics or Sat for us, this turns into last year. Flip it, it becomes Lou.

A clean game both sides, lots of punts and a very lose scoring OSU vs ND game.

Sounds similar to all the other threads marked Clemson on this board

Took the time to go watch them, they strangely remind me of ND minus Hartman.

Strong D, good run game, a QB that is “serviceable”. I think if they score Hartman and we stay with Pyne they might be 8-2 or 9-1.

Duke really did out play them. Yea, they missed two FG (6) and yea, two fumbles deep (14). Duke also lost a fumble deep. So give the 13 pts and they still lose. Give them all the points and they lose by 1.

FSU, that was theirs. Miami, theirs. NC State they just lost.

This is easily, as us, a 6-2 team and be in the top 25. So we got our hands full. They will be the 2nd/3rd most talented team on our schedule behind OSU and USC.

I think without TO’s, this is a OSU type game. 17-14, 14-10 type game.

Toss in some pics or Sat for us, this turns into last year. Flip it, it becomes Lou.

A clean game both sides, lots of punts and a very lose scoring OSU vs ND game.
They outplayed Duke

They are a better team then 4-4(yeah yeah i know, you are what your record is, blah blah blah). They will play ND tough and this game is by no means a walk in the park. Dabo will have them ready to play. Hopefully MF has ND ready to go
Read this today. Interesting........ Some people on the internet believe that Tyler was a plant by Swinney, so he could go off on the kid and rally his team and fire up the troops. Upon information and belief, it is believed by some in the ACC fanbase that Dabo has been known to allow a reporter to ask about something that he or his team is being chastised for, and then he will use the opportunity to go off on the "plant" to get his team going.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
They outplayed Duke

I didn't see that, but you have your own opinion. TO margin was +1 for Duke. Duke averaged more yards per rush by over 1 yard and pass per play was 3 yards better for Duke.

Just what I saw and the stats say.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
I didn't see that, but you have your own opinion. TO margin was +1 for Duke. Duke averaged more yards per rush by over 1 yard and pass per play was 3 yards better for Duke.

Just what I saw and the stats say.
Clemson outgained Duke by 48 yards

Clemson had 12 more first downs

Clemson won the top by 7 minutes and had 19 more plays and 1 less punt

Reactions: FightingIrish44
Clemson outgained Duke by 48 yards

Clemson had 12 more first downs

Clemson won the top by 7 minutes and had 19 more plays and 1 less punt
clemson 1 more turnover

clemson missed 2 fgs duke made 2

Clemson is more talented than Duke, duke is/was better prepared to not make major mistakes collectively. That's carried over for clemson. If it ends vs us it will be a tight game, if they continue to turn it over, we can pull away.

No Evans hurts alot but Hartman has to step up and make some throws like Ohio State not force it. Scoring early is key to get crowd out if it. 27-17 ND..

clemson 1 more turnover

Clemson is more talented than Duke, duke is/was better prepared to not make major mistakes collectively. That's carried over for clemson. If it ends vs us it will be a tight game, if they continue to turn it over, we can pull away.

No Evans hurts alot but Hartman has to step up and make some throws like Ohio State not force it. Scoring early is key to get crowd out if it. 27-17 ND..

Agree, that is your leading receiver just like 2022. ND really has nothing to be too scared of. Clemson will load up the box, go cover zero, beat us. Its a top 40 defense.

Not going to be easy. Maybe Tobias just has some game of his life, Clemson can be beat over the top.

clemson 1 more turnover

Give them to two FGs.....28-13........ Give them one of the TD;s for the fumble to make fumbles even. 28-20. Hell, give them both TD's from the fumbles but dont give Duke theirs. 28-27.

Put it in this perspective. Clemson lost to Duke by more points than ND's two losses combined.

Now, I still think Clemson is WAY better than their record, they were just not winning that game like Louisville for us.

Clemson could EASILY be 8-1 though, that's how good I think they are.

ND's offense is suspect, Defense not. Take your best offensive weapon off the field for an injury, your suspect Offense just went to something less.

I don't believe Clemson is at the level OSU is on D, but they certainly are with Duke or USC. I think ND will struggle to score much more than 20-24. So your Defense better lock them down to get out of there with a win.

4 - 4 - rather ordinary team this year!
All of their losses were by one score or a 4th qtr collapse, see below.
Give them to two FGs.....28-13........ Give them one of the TD;s for the fumble to make fumbles even. 28-20. Hell, give them both TD's from the fumbles but dont give Duke theirs. 28-27.

Put it in this perspective. Clemson lost to Duke by more points than ND's two losses combined.

Now, I still think Clemson is WAY better than their record, they were just not winning that game like Louisville for us.

Clemson could EASILY be 8-1 though, that's how good I think they are.

ND's offense is suspect, Defense not. Take your best offensive weapon off the field for an injury, your suspect Offense just went to something less.

I don't believe Clemson is at the level OSU is on D, but they certainly are with Duke or USC. I think ND will struggle to score much more than 20-24. So your Defense better lock them down to get out of there with a win.
Clemson lost to Duke the same way we lost to UL, struggling in a tough road environment and collapsing at the end of the game.

I don't know if Clemson has wins as dominant as we do. But yes if Clemson gets motivated this could turn into a very difficult game.

Reactions: ftnfan62
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Clemson wins tomorrow. I can even imagine the winning play: Pump fake to receiver doing a shallow out and when Mickey pounces for the interception the receiver heads upfield.

I just think Dabo is too good a coach to not have his team ready for this game.

In any event, I think it won't be decided until mid-fourth quarter or later.

Reactions: Uncle Money
The D would really have to lay an egg. This D is no BS and the backend might be the best on CFB period. You are top 3 in most categories coming off playing 2 top 10 and 2 top 25. No cupcakes to Pat the stats.

If we lose this it will be like Lou. Lots of TO’s and drops.

Clemson is a top team but the Irish are better.

Now, then there are the refs!! Maybe a few mystery flag pick ups.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Clemson wins tomorrow. I can even imagine the winning play: Pump fake to receiver doing a shallow out and when Mickey pounces for the interception the receiver heads upfield.

I just think Dabo is too good a coach to not have his team ready for this game.

In any event, I think it won't be decided until mid-fourth quarter or later.
Good points and I agree. I also have a slightly different take on this game. ND has had a few big games so far. OSU, Louisville and SC come to mind. However , I think this game will be the biggest of all this year. Don’t be fooled by Clemson’s record. They have a great defense. They sort of mirror ND in many ways. Clemson will be supercharged and ready to go. ND has been labeled with can’t win the “ big game”. I think it’s BS but it is a fact. Can MF get the Irish ready to play in a hostile environment and come away with a win ? Many on the outside might not see this as a big game. But for Freeman and the Irish, a win at Clemson could be a real turning point for the entire football program. A loss would indicate, nothing has really changed from Kelly’s tenure. ND has to break through and start winning these type of games on the road. Tomorrow is a great opportunity not only to get the win but to show ND now is heading toward a better and brighter future.

Good points and I agree. I also have a slightly different take on this game. ND has had a few big games so far. OSU, Louisville and SC come to mind. However , I think this game will be the biggest of all this year. Don’t be fooled by Clemson’s record. They have a great defense. They sort of mirror ND in many ways. Clemson will be supercharged and ready to go. ND has been labeled with can’t win the “ big game”. I think it’s BS but it is a fact. Can MF get the Irish ready to play in a hostile environment and come away with a win ? Many on the outside might not see this as a big game. But for Freeman and the Irish, a win at Clemson could be a real turning point for the entire football program. A loss would indicate, nothing has really changed from Kelly’s tenure. ND has to break through and start winning these type of games on the road. Tomorrow is a great opportunity not only to get the win but to show ND now is heading toward a better and brighter future.
I agree with all that has been said. Our defense can play with anyone in the country. Our offense has yet to (really) find its identity Hartman has to have a game. Our offense will need to score 24-ish points (is it possible our special teams score a td again?) This game is gonna be tough unless our offense figures it out.

Hartman needs a game but someone on the other side needs a game. Rico has handed him 3 picks, he will not win a 1:1 battle. Greathouse will but has been hobbled. Maybe he is back full. Tyree really killed us at Lou but the last 2 weeks has emerged.

I’m hoping Eli is the no crap, stud we think and CT just brings it with that Elite speed. Even Tobias had 2 catches!!!!! Maybe CT and Tobias get over the top. Hartman can hit the deeps.

Your gonna need someone to get open instead of Hartman under duress tossing into a 50/50.

Evans avg more per catch than Brock Bowers. That’s a big loss for us. Let’s go Eli!

Last edited:
Reactions: tkirish
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT