ADVERTISEMENT

Very worriesome start by the defense

IowaIrish1

Posts Like A Champion
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2015
No, this isn't a debbie downer post. Team looked great much of the game.

WOW, Zaire and Kizer better bring their A game come next season. Gonna be hard to keep Wimbush off the field.

I still feel sick to my stomach about the secondary. Opponents WR's seem to get wide open often against these guys. Got much better in second half though.

CJ Sanders is gonna be fun to watch!

UHHHHHH! Dexter Williams has the look! If you know what I mean.

I really hope they are saving the pass rush by Jaylon for Clemson or USC. He seems under utilized as a pass rusher.

The most obvious observation after watching games today, as of this post, every team in the country has question marks. Much will be answered next week at Clemson for ND.

OH yeah, Fuller and Prosise are the best 1/2 combo ND has had in years. Speed and break away ability are unmatched for the last decade or so. Nice to finally see the team blowout an inferior opponent. "keeping it real" though there are some serious concerns when the competition gets better.

Reactions: TurnoverMachine

WOW, Zaire and Kizer better bring their A game come next season. Gonna be hard to keep Wimbush off the field.

I still feel sick to my stomach about the secondary. Opponents WR's seem to get wide open often against these guys. Got much better in second half though.

I really hope they are saving the pass rush by Jaylon for Clemson or USC. He seems under utilized as a pass rusher.

The most obvious observation after watching games today, as of this post, every team in the country has question marks. Much will be answered next week at Clemson for ND.

OH yeah, Fuller and Prosise are the best 1/2 combo ND has had in years. Speed and break away ability are unmatched for the last decade or so. Nice to finally see the team blowout an inferior opponent. "keeping it real" though there are some serious concerns when the competition gets better.

Sorry, I do need to make one Kelly or whoever is calling play remark. Really... A QB run on 1st and goal with 1 timeout left, clock running out. That's an error that can be corrected and sure hope is...before it's in a nail biter game.

Wow...just wow! ND drops 62 pts for the first time since Holtz coached (1996) and people are still finding a way to complain. Since spring, ND is playing its 3rd and 4th string QB, 3rd/4th/5th string RB and still scored more pts than any ND team since 1996!!! UMASS has a stud QB and WR and the sky is falling that they made a few plays - WOW!!!

Wow...just wow! ND drops 62 pts for the first time since Holtz coached (1996) and people are still finding a way to complain. Since spring, ND is playing its 3rd and 4th string QB, 3rd/4th/5th string RB and still scored more pts than any ND team since 1996!!! UMASS has a stud QB and WR and the sky is falling that they made a few plays - WOW!!!

If you are honest the lack of pass rush and clueless coverage has to concern you in the first half. Play like that next week we are 4-1. Very happy to be 4-0 considering the rash of injuries.

If you are honest the lack of pass rush and clueless coverage has to concern you in the first half. Play like that next week we are 4-1. Very happy to be 4-0 considering the rash of injuries.
Would I have liked to see a shutout - yes. Is that a reasonable expectation - no. Most teams play to stop the run and run the ball. I'm more concerned they ran the ball for 148yds than anything. Frohnapfel had a 42.9 QBR...I'm ok with that.

Don't try and be logical on this board or clueless people will think your bashing the team. The fact is that our secondary is average and our pass rush is not impressive. We will really find out next week how good this team is and even more against USC. If the defense gives up big plays to those teams we better hope our offense can keep scoring, though against bigger and better talent.

You realize it was UMass, right? A team that no conference wants. They're going independent next year. People with brains know that that defense ND had today will be destroyed at Clemson.

You realize it was UMass, right? A team that no conference wants. They're going independent next year. People with brains know that that defense ND had today will be destroyed at Clemson.
Say what you really feel tom. What happens if ND wins at Clemson? Do you come here and apologize? Do you stop posting? What makes you happy? Are you an Irish fan? Why the hate?

Reactions: Bodizephax
Pointing out the flaws of ND's defense does not make one an Irish hater. They are legitimate. The tendency to give up these big plays must be rectified if we are to make a playoff run.

Pointing out the flaws of ND's defense does not make one an Irish hater. They are legitimate. The tendency to give up these big plays must be rectified if we are to make a playoff run.
The UMASS QB had a 42.9 QBR...do you want more than that? Is your goal for a pass to never be completed? Do you want zero points? Just trying to establish a baseline for what you want. And, for those who will ask, please provide your resume where you have coached on the national stage and given up less points - it's not for me, it's for everyone else that doubts your credibility.

The UMASS QB had a 42.9 QBR...do you want more than that? Is your goal for a pass to never be completed? Do you want zero points? Just trying to establish a baseline for what you want. And, for those who will ask, please provide your resume where you have coached on the national stage and given up less points - it's not for me, it's for everyone else that doubts your credibility.

Nah son I just worry about the fact Unass was able to run all over us. And say what you will about the QB Umass had 302 passing yards as well as 148 rushing yards.

Hilarious how someone can assess their version of the game, point out the magic and the not so great ...yet somehow people only read the negative spin.

The outrageously hilarious part is the same people will scold that person for saying something negative although they also mentioned all positives...yet so short sighted to only see the concerns mentioned.
Who in that is the negative Nancy. The person pointing out the good and the negatives or the person only selectively reading the post and bypassing all positives and going straight to the negative of said original poster.

Nah son I just worry about the fact Unass was able to run all over us. And say what you will about the QB Umass had 302 passing yards as well as 148 rushing yards.
I'm not your son so drop that shit. You're a troll posing as a ND fan. ND won the game 62-27 get over it.

Hilarious how someone can assess their version of the game, point out the magic and the not so great ...yet somehow people only read the negative spin.

The outrageously hilarious part is the same people will scold that person for saying something negative although they also mentioned all positives...yet so short sighted to only see the concerns mentioned.
Who in that is the negative Nancy. The person pointing out the good and the negatives or the person only selectively reading the post and bypassing all positives and going straight to the negative of said original poster.
We will make SUPER SURE all of your posts go to the playoff committee. That way they can be sure not to select a 12-0 ND team because someone farted in the wrong direction.

I'm not your son so drop that shit. You're a troll posing as a ND fan. ND won the game 62-27 get over it.

Son you are outside of your damn mind saying I'm not a ND fan. Just because I think there is room for improvement makes me a troll? Get outta here with that BS son.

agree with your concerns re the D.

We will make SUPER SURE all of your posts go to the playoff committee. That way they can be sure not to select a 12-0 ND team because someone farted in the wrong direction.

IG : still going around trashing posters who offer honest assessment or objective opinion. No true ND fan would be such an oger! or your just a flamer to stiffle discussion: all posters should put you on 'iggy'

IG- is trashing you and your ilk because your brethren is not qualified to offer opinions or criticisms.

And when that gets illustrated you put people on "iggy" ? (How old are you 12?) Because it sounds like your not man enough to defend your unfounded, juvenile, ignorant and foolish comments about football.

I'd tell you take your ball and go home but I'll bet you never had a ball. Take your protractor and go home.

3332532-Pig-Illustration-with-Clipping-Path-Stock-Vector-pig-cartoon-mud.jpg

I suppose you know the 1st UMass TD was a perfectly executed 2 back lead draw when ND was expecting pass after going up 2 scores. It was a good play. No one's fault.

The double pass was set up by repeated screens to the perimeter, good call by an NFL coach and we'll executed by Umass. Also a good play. Stop hiding behind you keyboard blaming people with the stones to compete. Now I know why those other coaches don't waste their time with you cowards. I'm following suit, this is my last post. And it's directed to you cgvr, DIP and the rest of your brethren. PS no charge for the football education I'll write it off as charity work or working with the developmentally disabled.

Oh PS take the camera shove it up your ass and take the next picture of your rectum. Because that's where your football knowledge gets pulled from. Now you are "iggy" bubble boy.

Oh PS take the camera shove it up your ass and take then next picture of your rectum. Because that's where you football knowledge gets pulled from. Now you are "iggy" bubble boy.
What is wrong with you? You have no business being in the company of children. What subject do you teach by the way? Or are you a community volunteer? There's no way a school administrator would hire you to be the classroom with your nasty personality. No way!

I suppose you know the 1st UMass TD was a perfectly executed 2 back lead draw when ND was expecting pass after going up 2 scores. It was a good play. No one's fault.

The double pass was set up by repeated screens to the perimeter, good call by an NFL coach and we'll executed by Umass. Also a good play. Stop hiding behind you keyboard blaming people with the stones to compete. Now I know why those other coaches don't waste their time with you cowards. I'm following suit, this is my last post. And it's directed to you cgvr, DIP and the rest of your brethren. PS no charge for the football education I'll write it off as charity work or working with the developmentally disabled.

The fact that we bit on a flea flicker against a thoroughly over-matched opponent is unfortunate. Whipple schooled us with lesser skilled players for the better part of the first half.

You wrote, "I'm following suit, this is my last post." (I hope you haven't been using school servers...)

You lack the discipline to stay away as you are nothing more than a 'roided up meat head and need multiple outlets to vent the rage that comes from anabolics....

Your ongoing pithy and unimpressive football commentary is right in line with your admitted meteoric rise to high school football team laundry attendant.

I hope you get the help you need and fear for those that comes in contact with you...

Some advice.....

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry but a run play should never go 90 yards. Somebody messed up. You can give credit to the UMass coaches for setting the double pass up, but again, the defense messed up on that one too for the second time in three weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT