ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal and Recruiting

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
It’s amazing how the transfer portal has changed everything. You bring in some skilled players for a year or two and develop kids u recruit for a year or two. Everything has changed

Feels like we’re gonna do well in the portal but the whole process is taking away from college football for me.

If it doesn’t for others I respect that
I agree. If Riley Leonard comes to ND I agree he is likely the #1 QB on the roster for this year. That being said I would rather see one of the other three win the starting role....and develop. Yes we might miss the playoff this year but in 2025 we should have a clear leader. At the moment how different is 2025 than 2024? You would have Carr, perhaps Deuce Knight and one of either Minchey or Angeli looking to be the starter?

I agree. If Riley Leonard comes to ND I agree he is likely the #1 QB on the roster for this year. That being said I would rather see one of the other three win the starting role....and develop. Yes we might miss the playoff this year but in 2025 we should have a clear leader. At the moment how different is 2025 than 2024? You would have Carr, perhaps Deuce Knight and one of either Minchey or Angeli looking to be the starter?
If you were Marcus Freeman, with a 12-game playoff starting in 2024, you would feel differently regarding the starting QB in 2024.

2024 schedule doesn't look too daunting at this point. Texas A&M (away), USC (away), Louisville and Florida State (home). Unless some teams surprise in 24, these seem like the most difficult games.
With 12 team play-off, 2024 is a good chance with the right mix of players.

Angeli just is not a starting QB. He’s a great backup. Brian Kelly couldn’t recruit a QB to save his life. Starting with Carr, QB development will happen. If I’m Freeman, I would be doing the same. You’re not going to win more than 8 games with Angeli starting. It’s about the W’s.

Reactions: mirer03
Angeli just is not a starting QB. He’s a great backup. Brian Kelly couldn’t recruit a QB to save his life. Starting with Carr, QB development will happen. If I’m Freeman, I would be doing the same. You’re not going to win more than 8 games with Angeli starting. It’s about the W’s.

And since you've never seen him start a game you know this how exactly ?

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Well unfortunately this is how the sport is now. So I’m glad we’re likely getting Leonard. I wouldn’t wanna sacrifice a year for somebody’s development. We should be able to make the playoff next year

If we get the WRs from transfer portal, this group is much better next season than current year. Stucki didn’t develop anyone

Angeli was never a sure thing to start. He can play as back up next year and still have two years of eligibility to transfer if he wants to pursue starting as a QB. I don't think he will transfer, until he graduates but I do not think he will ever start meaningful games at ND outside of injury.

The bigger transfer concern to me is minchey.

Carr comes in early, and if it's Ridley 1 and Angeli 2 this year...does carr beat out minchey his second year closing the door on him as a starter at ND...

I would not be shocked if minchey transfers post spring if carr does well this spring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT