ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame ranked 2nd in transfer portal team rankings so far

We have the talent in all but a few areas to go head to head with anyone. at least starter wise; depth probably not.

QB has been a problem and this year WR was as well.

Honestly we are only a few pieces away from really being able to compete with the best but they are important pieces.

When the talent is comparable or fairly close anyway, coaching is what makes the difference and we have a young coach and a staff not fully in place

So a future HoF coach in his prime is producing #1 seasons with 14th ranked talent (and the only coach and organization doing it or has done it in the last 20 years) is what Notre Dame needs to replicate?

Why can't we just use our coffers stuffed full of cash and do it the realistic way that everybody else does it? By investing and taking a lot of expensive chances and risks with the ultimate goal of increasing the quality of the product.
Michigan didnt play a top 50 team until week 10 and caught a break in the OSU game on the td/int. Good team but schedule really worked out for them this year. Had they had to play GA, ND, USC, schedules they would have at least 1 loss.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
What we are doing os the best and exact way top teams should be doing it

Recruiting well and developing most of your roster while supplementing with the portal to fill certain needs in your roster with good talented players

78 - recruits
7 - portal players

Thats what it looks like we will be by fall. Somewhere in that range.

Very good job by the staff on this
I beg to differ. I see 10 players in the portal that could start for any team in college football. In the case of a five star DL from A&M or how about Cam Hart or McCord none of these are lesser players. ND got a good one in Riley and I like that little wide out from FIU

Between 23 recruiting & the portal ND added alot of talent this year. Alot to look forward too.

Michigan didnt play a top 50 team until week 10 and caught a break in the OSU game on the td/int. Good team but schedule really worked out for them this year. Had they had to play GA, ND, USC, schedules they would have at least 1 loss.
Michigan has now beaten Ohio St. three straight seasons. Michigan caught no break against OSU; rather, they simply won the game. Playing 11 on defense in crucial situations helps, as well as scoring 30 points.

IMO Michigan goes 12-0 playing Notre Dame's schedule.

So a future HoF coach in his prime is producing #1 seasons with 14th ranked talent (and the only coach and organization doing it or has done it in the last 20 years) is what Notre Dame needs to replicate?

Why can't we just use our coffers stuffed full of cash and do it the realistic way that everybody else does it? By investing and taking a lot of expensive chances and risks with the ultimate goal of increasing the quality of the product.
Exactly. Finding the right/HOF coach is undoubtedly the biggest/wisest investment ND can take, especially given the headwinds ND faces in recruiting.. You know what those other places have in common? HOF coaches.

Saban
Smart
Swinney
Urban

I beg to differ. I see 10 players in the portal that could start for any team in college football. In the case of a five star DL from A&M or how about Cam Hart or McCord none of these are lesser players. ND got a good one in Riley and I like that little wide out from FIU
I dont know what you beg to differ nor what you are trying to say

Colorado is trying to fix the worst OL in football by bringing in a bunch of average OL and a freshman OL and trying to get them all to gel in 9 months

Yikes, I feel bad for Shadeur
All their sycophants on social media are absolutely insufferable. God forbid you criticize Neon. "Racism Racism"

I don't like the guy either.

Find him TOTALLY DISINGENUOUS.

Not only does he see it all flowing FROM him but also BACK TO him.

That many find his routine APPEALING is TELLING.

But that's another story.
Not to mention the Faux Civil Rights movement all these "New" CU fans seem to think every single thing he does is. DO NOT criticize Him or the program or them. If you do they will ask you if you got your hood dry cleaned yet?

All their sycophants on social media are absolutely insufferable. God forbid you criticize Neon. "Racism Racism"
I like Deion. I SMH why fans not associated with Colorado have such a problem with the guy. Allow him to build the 1-11 dogshit Colorado program that he inherited.

You beat tier 1 with bigger meaner better dudes in the trenches and frisbee catching dogs and fundamental DB play.

How you get there won't matter and you're about to see CFB go through a metamorphosis. Sure Bama and UGA aren't relying on transfers because they're recruiting top 5 every year but they still bring guys in.

You're complaining about ND not being top 2 programs in the country not the portal or anything else. get over it. The portal and NIL is in it's infancy and this thing is going to get wilder and wilder every year.
I AGREE.

There is NO TELLING where this goes. Once players were allowed to become SELF-ACTUALIZING COMMODIFIED ASSETS, it opened up a FLOODGATE. What we have now is a TRADING FLOOR-EXCHANGE environment which means that there will be plenty of BIDS for this and that player flying around for as long as the system exists. Coaching staffs will become as much NIMBLE TALENT ARBITRAGEURS in the HERE AND NOW as much as anything.

The whole argument over DO WE RECRUIT OR DO WE GO PORTAL will become -- IF NOTHING CHANGES and this thing PICKS UP STEAM -- completely MEANINGLESS as both ACQUISITION METHODS will be viewed as merely TWO MEANS TO THE SAME END. Yes, some schools may concentrate in one area more than the other, but ALL will AVAIL themselves of WHATEVER MEANS THEY CAN to acquire whatever talent they can get, NO MATTER HOW THEY GET IT.

And the only CULTURE that will matter is a WINNING CULTURE. The SEC was the TIP OF THE SPEAR on this with its emphasis on the game IN AND OF ITSELF, and this approach has now spread via NIL and the PORTAL -- and it's been UNMISTAKABLY VIRAL -- to all corners of the highest levels of the sport. ND either gets on board with this or it becomes a SIMULACRUM sitting in a TABERNACLE awaiting some prophesised REBIRTH.

THE GOOD NEWS is that ND APPEARS to be PLAYING BALL. Am I WRONG, or is it now letting in MORE UNDERGRAD TRANSFERS? TO THOSE WHO MAY KNOW -- or at least PURPORT to KNOW -- has there been a POLICY CHANGE? Or maybe just passive drift in this direction? Or is it simply NOT HAPPENING, and I'm HALLUCINATING. Who can tell me?

Last edited:
Reactions: SubwaydomerDFW
I AGREE.

There is NO TELLING where this goes. Once players were allowed to become SELF-ACTUALIZING COMMODIFIED ASSETS, it opened up a FLOODGATE. What we have now is a TRADING FLOOR-EXCHANGE environment which means that there will be plenty of BIDS for this and that player flying around for as long as the system exists. Coaching staffs will become as much NIMBLE TALENT ARBITRAGEURS in the HERE AND NOW as much as anything.

The whole argument over DO WE RECRUIT OR DO WE GO PORTAL will become -- IF NOTHING CHANGES and this thing PICKS UP STEAM -- completely MEANINGLESS as both ACQUISITION METHODS will be viewed as merely TWO MEANS TO THE SAME END. Yes, some schools may concentrate in one area more than the other, but ALL will AVAIL themselves of WHATEVER MEANS THEY CAN to acquire whatever talent they can get, NO MATTER HOW THEY GET IT.

And the only CULTURE that will matter is a WINNING CULTURE. The SEC was the TIP OF THE SPEAR on this with its emphasis on the gamge IN AND OF ITSELF, and this approach has now spread via NIL and the PORTAL -- and it's been UNMISTAKABLY VIRAL -- to all corners of the highest levels of the sport. ND either gets on board with this or it becomes a SIMULACRUM sitting in a TABERNACLE awaiting some prophesised REBIRTH.

THE GOOD NEWS is that ND APPEARS to be PLAYING BALL. Am I WRONG, or is it now letting in MORE UNDERGRAD TRANSFERS? TO THOSE WHO MAY KNOW -- or at least PURPORT to KNOW -- has there been a POLICY CHANGE? Or maybe just passive drift in this direction? Or is it simply NOT HAPPENING, and I'm HALLUCINATING. Who can tell me?
I have the feeling they are playing ball a bit more here.

As a fan base we can never be so sure because this could be a flash in the pan given that Duke is a worthy university transcript wise for taking some undergrads, but the feeling is that ND is warming up to the idea of relaxing restrictions on transfers and CMF is taking a why not approach to offering kids in SEC country.

CMF has publicly lamented NDs stance on undergrad transfers from day 1 and some rumblings of recent have alluded to the loosening restrictions. Those anecdotes and this transfer cycle are all we have to go on for now.. but it sure is looking up.

Kevin White made Swarbrick look like a genius, but even Swarbrick was a bit out of touch so I'm hoping Pete B gets a realistic handle on where this program is and what it needs in order to improve and become a serious contender like Ohio state Micghigan Texas etc.

Reactions: 4-4-3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT