ADVERTISEMENT

Amorion Walker in portal

TXNDFan88

ND Expert
Feb 11, 2013
He pulled a fast one on ND and switched last second to Michigan. Was moved from WR to DB day 1, was about 3rd on the depth chart after two years and now in the portal. Got a NC but What If, he sticks with ND and is a WR? Off to Louisiana Tech or somewhere close to home.

There is a video on one of the UM websites showing Walker running a 6.10 time in the 3-cone drill. If the time recorded is accurate, that is just smoking fast. I haven't tried to verify it, but the article with the video says the fastest 3-cone drill time at the NFL combine is 6.28 seconds. And Walker reportedly runs a 4.2/4.3 second 40 time. Strange how that kind of incredible athleticism never translated to success on the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: TXNDFan88
There is a video on one of the UM websites showing Walker running a 6.10 time in the 3-cone drill. If the time recorded is accurate. that is just smoking fast. I haven't tried to verify it, but the article with the video says the fastest 3-cone drill time at the NFL combine is 6.28 seconds. And Walker reportedly runs a 4.2/4.3 second 40 time. Strange how that kind of incredible athleticism never translated to success on the field.
Don’t get caught up in these times, Kyle Hamilton, Teo, Kyren all didn’t impress with 40 times among many others. Being able to play football is much more important.

Don’t get caught up in these times, Kyle Hamilton, Teo, Kyren all didn’t impress with 40 times among many others. Being able to play football is much more important.
I agree completely, but just found it interesting that a kid with such impressive numbers couldn't crack the starting lineup at UM. But there are many legendary workout warriors that just couldn't figure out the hard part: being able to play the game. That is probably why they call the NFL Combine the Underwear Olympics.

Last edited:
Reactions: bizzybecknd
LSU bound....
That would not be a surprise, given that Walker grew up in Louisiana. I am not sure how involved BK was in his recruitment to ND. Walker had a bunch of offers from SEC schools, so I guess it makes sense if he goes back there.

In Walker's WR class at ND, he flipped to UM and CJ Williams flipped to USC, leaving us with Tobias Merriweather, who seemed like a very good prospect. We know how that ended. Even though he didn't pan out at ND, I liked Tobias and wish him well at Cal.

That would not be a surprise, given that Walker grew up in Louisiana. I am not sure how involved BK was in his recruitment to ND. Walker had a bunch of offers from SEC schools, so I guess it makes sense if he goes back there.

In Walker's WR class at ND, he flipped to UM and CJ Williams flipped to USC, leaving us with Tobias Merriweather, who seemed like a very good prospect. We know how that ended. Even though he didn't pan out at ND, I liked Tobias and wish him well at Cal.
LSU needs DBs. And the depth chart is wide open. But maybe this guy wants to leave defense behind. They kind of need WRs too....

He pulled a fast one on ND and switched last second to Michigan. Was moved from WR to DB day 1, was about 3rd on the depth chart after two years and now in the portal. Got a NC but What If, he sticks with ND and is a WR? Off to Louisiana Tech or somewhere close to home.
Essentially anyone recruited by Rees sucks regardless of if they came to ND or not. .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT