ADVERTISEMENT

This is the most talented team Brian Kelly has ever had.

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
The Irish have stars at every position. Defense offense and special teams. This team has no weakness.
Size and speed. Kelly and staff had GREAT recruiting classes the last four years. Too many armchair fantasy quarterbacks bitching about how players were ranked or how the team recruiting class was ranked. Kelly and staff were recruiting awesome football players not caring how many stars they had.
I am going to say right now this team can compete with Bama !
We will have more players on this team drafted into the NFL than any other team.

*** That is why I was so pissed off at everybody who thought Nd sucked because of their close wins over Ball State and Vandy. I knew the team would find its stride.

This is the fastest overall team the Irish have ever had including the Holtz and Ara teams !
1. Great Oline
2. Great running backs.
3. great receivers
4. great quarterbacks.
5. great linebackers
6. great cornerbacks
7. great dline
8. great safeties
9. great tight ends
10 Great punter.
11. great placekicker.
12 great tight ends
13 special teams are getting better every week. And alot of starters playing.

*** It's all about the players jelling as a team each and every week.

I was wrong about Alize Mack ! He played a great game Saturday ! I was also wrong about Ian Book---he maybe the next Joe Montana !

Dexter Williams is better than Bryce Love and will prove it Saturday !

This years Dline is better than 2012 ! And will prove it Saturday ! Costello is going to suffer !

Go Irish ! Beat the Trees !!

Reactions: Ara64
Until this team plays one of
Bama
UGA
tOSU
Clemson
all we have in recent memory is 0-4. So the way things are setting up, ND should get a crack at redemption.

Reactions: Kelso86
You were "so pissed off at everybody" because they had concerns about close games (at home) against a bad Ball State and a mediocre at best Vandy team? BK had concerns too. Concerns so serious he switched QBs. You pissed off at him too?

The Irish have stars at every position. Defense offense and special teams. This team has no weakness.
Size and speed. Kelly and staff had GREAT recruiting classes the last four years. Too many armchair fantasy quarterbacks bitching about how players were ranked or how the team recruiting class was ranked. Kelly and staff were recruiting awesome football players not caring how many stars they had.
We will have more players on this team drafted into the NFL than any other team.

*** That is why I was so pissed off at everybody who thought Nd sucked because of their close wins over Ball State and Vandy. I knew the team would find its stride.

This is the fastest overall team the Irish have ever had including the Holtz and Ara teams !
1. Great Oline
2. Great running backs.
3. great receivers
4. great quarterbacks.
5. great linebackers
6. great cornerbacks
7. great dline
8. great safeties
9. great tight ends
10 Great punter.
11. great placekicker.
12 great tight ends

I was wrong about Alize Mack ! He played a great game Saturday ! I was also wrong about Ian Book---he maybe the next Joe Montana !

This years Dline is better than 2012 ! And will prove it Saturday ! Costello is going to suffer !

BODI pumped up!!!

Don’t see that very often

Let’s strap it in and get in that recliner. I’m ready

Reactions: Bodizephax
Sorry Bodi, I disagree. O-line is average, backs are average though Jafar has shown potential and Dex is good when he plays. Receivers are average due to not having a deep threat to loosen the defense. They will struggle to get separation against good defenses. Everything about the offense just screams average to me.

Defensively we are in better shape talent-wise. I think Tillery, Coney, and Love are elite players that would start for Bama. The rest are solid without any gaping holes.

Reactions: 8th Man

1. Great Oline
2. Great running backs.
3. great receivers
4. great quarterbacks.
5. great linebackers
6. great cornerbacks
7. great dline
8. great safeties
9. great tight ends
10 Great punter.
11. great placekicker.
12 great tight ends

gotta love the the pharmaceutical industry........

Sorry Bodi, I disagree. O-line is average, backs are average though Jafar has shown potential and Dex is good when he plays. Receivers are average due to not having a deep threat to loosen the defense. They will struggle to get separation against good defenses. Everything about the offense just screams average to me.

Defensively we are in better shape talent-wise. I think Tillery, Coney, and Love are elite players that would start for Bama. The rest are solid without any gaping holes.

Other than being wrong about almost every single thing you've said here.....good post.

Probably better to start from scratch before you try again.

Not no...BUT...

Hell no!!!!

The very fastest, most talented team ND ever had top to bottom was 1989 with 88 being very close.

Not saying this team is garbage because they do have some real bona-fide talent...

But to suggest this team is the fastest ever of all Ara's teams and Lou's...thats just being punch drunk a bit.

Nobody wants this team to compete at an elite level again more than myself but let's just take a breath.

We beat a Michigan team finding its identity....
We eked two wins that should have been much easier against Ball State and Vandy...

One dominant win against Wake.

That's all we know so far in this early season. That's it.

Other than being wrong about almost every single thing you've said here.....good post.

Probably better to start from scratch before you try again.

Ah, one of those “my opinion is superior to your opinion” people. My favorite. Why don’t you check the stats offensively and see how we stand and get back to me. I at least have something to support my opinion.

Hmm. Day-Nix-Tuit backed by Te'o was the best front 7 I've seen. I think 2018s secondary is superior though.

Ah, one of those “my opinion is superior to your opinion” people. My favorite. Why don’t you check the stats offensively and see how we stand and get back to me. I at least have something to support my opinion.

There is a differene between saying "we haven't produced as much as I want to see" and claiming that specific units/players are average.

That difference is why your post was so pathetically stupid.

There is a differene between saying "we haven't produced as much as I want to see" and claiming that specific units/players are average.

That difference is why your post was so pathetically stupid.

One is based on objective results, one is subjective. Unless you are a professional scout, I’ll stick with my determinations thank you. I won’t even resort to condescending remarks to make my point.

By the way, what part of the Vandy and Ball St games screamed out to you that their talent didn’t belong on the same field as us? Because if we had elite talent across the board on offense, that’s what it would have looked like.

One is based on objective results, one is subjective. Unless you are a professional scout, I’ll stick with my determinations thank you. I won’t even resort to condescending remarks to make my point.

By the way, what part of the Vandy and Ball St games screamed out to you that their talent didn’t belong on the same field as us? Because if we had elite talent across the board on offense, that’s what it would have looked like.

The foolishness of this really speaks for itself.

According to your assertion, Memphis, Houston, and Texas Tech have the best offensive talent in the nation...Washington state, Southern Miss, Utah, Iowa, and about 25 other teams all have better defense of talent than Alabama.

The absurd results that come from your “statistics equal talent” assertion that show how ridiculous and incorrect it is.

Let me know if you’re ever ready to engage on and actually useful level of discussion, because depending assertions like that isn’t worth my time.

"Let me know if you’re ever ready to engage on and actually useful level of discussion, because depending assertions like that isn’t worth my time."

Wot...?

Reactions: Yooper Irishfan
Not no...BUT...

Hell no!!!!

The very fastest, most talented team ND ever had top to bottom was 1989 with 88 being very close.

Not saying this team is garbage because they do have some real bona-fide talent...

But to suggest this team is the fastest ever of all Ara's teams and Lou's...thats just being punch drunk a bit.

Nobody wants this team to compete at an elite level again more than myself but let's just take a breath.

We eked two wins that should have been much easier against Ball State and Vandy...

The 1949 team went 10-0 out scoring their opponents 360-86. The 1964 team went 9-1 out scoring their opponents 287-77. The '47 team wasn't too shabby either. Or the teams of the 20s. All ridiculously talented and especially well coached.

Reactions: tbonesays and 88ND

1. Great Oline
2. Great running backs.
3. great receivers
4. great quarterbacks.
5. great linebackers
6. great cornerbacks
7. great dline
8. great safeties
9. great tight ends
10 Great punter.
11. great placekicker.
12 great tight ends

No, it’s not. The 12’ team was much better and last years team at this point in the season would have destroyed this squad. Come on man

Not no...BUT...

Hell no!!!!

We had fast players on those teams like Rocket and Tim Brown but most of the other players were just tough blue collar a$$kickers who could not run very fast. This years team overall is much faster than those teams. Not saying better just faster.

We had fast players on those teams like Rocket and Tim Brown but most of the other players were just tough blue collar a$$kickers who could not run very fast. This years team overall is much faster than those teams. Not saying better just faster.
Tim Brown was not on either team.

You ok Bodie?

BTW...Brian Kelly has never had a team even close in collective speed as 89&88.

The fact you think Timmy Brown was on one of those two teams makes me think you truly don't remember just how ridiculously athletic those teams were.

"Let me know if you’re ever ready to engage on and actually useful level of discussion, because depending assertions like that isn’t worth my time."

Wot...?

We are very blessed that he brings such high level discussion here. His way with words reminds me of Shakespeare or Chaucer.

The foolishness of this really speaks for itself.

According to your assertion, Memphis, Houston, and Texas Tech have the best offensive talent in the nation...Washington state, Southern Miss, Utah, Iowa, and about 25 other teams all have better defense of talent than Alabama.

The absurd results that come from your “statistics equal talent” assertion that show how ridiculous and incorrect it is.

Let me know if you’re ever ready to engage on and actually useful level of discussion, because depending assertions like that isn’t worth my time.

Statistics are the result of talent. We averaged 5.75 yards per play against Ball St and 5.1 ypp against Vandy. That’s not good. For reference, IU averaged 6 ypp against Ball St the following week, and South Carolina averaged 7.2 ypp against Vandy last week. Is that useful enough for you?

Nope. 2015 was much more talented. 3 top 10 picks on the oline and a 2nd rounder. 2nd round qb, 1st round receiver. LB who would have been a top 10 pick if not for injury.

Reactions: tbonesays
Nope. 2015 was much more talented. 3 top 10 picks on the oline and a 2nd rounder. 2nd round qb, 1st round receiver. LB who would have been a top 10 pick if not for injury.

It’s close, but I’d still probably take this team.

We don’t know how many NFL players will come off of this line, but I’m willing to bet that we have more than five on the roster right now, with at least some of them being first round of players.

But the real difference comes on defense, where I think we have several players that could go day one or day too, where as 2015 only had one or two.

It really is very close though, and I think you could come down either way on it. Some of it will never know because Brian van Gorder was such a terrible DC, we can’t tell how much talent we really had on defense that year.

It’s close, but I’d still probably take this team.

We don’t know how many NFL players will come off of this line, but I’m willing to bet that we have more than five on the roster right now, with at least some of them being first round of players.

But the real difference comes on defense, where I think we have several players that could go day one or day too, where as 2015 only had one or two.

It really is very close though, and I think you could come down either way on it. Some of it will never know because Brian van Gorder was such a terrible DC, we can’t tell how much talent we really had on defense that year.
I won’t fight you on that, this defense is much more talented.

I would say the 15 offense is the most talented phase of either offense or defense BK has ever had.

Reactions: Yooper Irishfan
No, not at all.

As I've already pointed out to you, your idiotic contention means that Alabama has the 27th most talent defense in the nation. You see how stupid that is, right?

You need to learn to contextualize stats, and learn what contentions can and cannot be derived from them

Currently, you've evidence that you knowledge is so pathetically childish that you're not worth engaging with.

The only thing you're good for, currently, is serving as a laughing stock.

Let me know if/when you're ever able to address these topics on a real level
Until then, I'll just stick around to laugh at your stupidity.

Listen Geoffrey, I said nothing about rankings. All I said was check the stats....you turned it into that. Obviously stats require context, which is why nobody believes Bama has the 27th ranked defense. But you are so incredibly smart that you are the only person on the planet to understand that.

I’m done conversing with you. It shames me that a fellow Irish fan can be as condescending and belittling as you, but every fanbase has them I suppose. Being behind the cloak of the internet makes it easy to be that way, but it also reveals character, which you have none of. Enjoy the Stanford game and I hope our incredibly talented offense lights up Stanford so I can come back and eat crow about my opinions.

Hmm. Day-Nix-Tuit backed by Te'o was the best front 7 I've seen. I think 2018s secondary is superior though.
E="88ND, post: 2448235, member: 12310"]Tim Brown was not on either team.

You ok Bodie?

The fact you think Timmy Brown was on one of those two teams makes me think you truly don't remember just how ridiculously athletic those teams were.[/QUOTE]
I know Tim Brown last year was 87 !! I was making a point that the Irish had fast skill players back then but overall The Irish of todayhave faster players ! Do you not deny that Bernie lover ! Most of the players were white on those teams ! Todays team is way faster than those teams !! Go do a fundraiser for Bernie ! You will lose because you are a dumba$$ !

Last edited:
Reactions: zro pts4u

1. Great Oline
2. Great running backs.
3. great receivers
4. great quarterbacks.
5. great linebackers
6. great cornerbacks
7. great dline
8. great safeties
9. great tight ends
10 Great punter.
11. great placekicker.
12 great tight ends

We are getting thin on the D line though.

Listen Geoffrey, I said nothing about rankings. All I said was check the stats....you turned it into that. Obviously stats require context, which is why nobody believes Bama has the 27th ranked defense. But you are so incredibly smart that you are the only person on the planet to understand that.

I’m done conversing with you. It shames me that a fellow Irish fan can be as condescending and belittling as you, but every fanbase has them I suppose. Being behind the cloak of the internet makes it easy to be that way, but it also reveals character, which you have none of. Enjoy the Stanford game and I hope our incredibly talented offense lights up Stanford so I can come back and eat crow about my opinions.

So you know this is necessary...and you still failed to do it, at all.

But you don’t want to be mocked for being an idiot?

lolololol

So you know this is necessary...and you still failed to do it, at all.

But you don’t want to be mocked for being an idiot?

lolololol
I believe that we are all waiting with bated breath to see you put your own words into practice by supporting your claims. I'm not saying that I disagree with what you posted earlier about statistics in context. I'm saying that it would be more worthwhile to show it.
Claims-Evidence-Reasoning. Otherwise it's just a useless back and forth.

I think it's pretty hard to say this team has more talent than 12 did.

O:
Zack Martin
Braxston Cave
TJ Jones
Tyler Eifert
Theo Riddick
Cierre Wood

D:
Tuitt
Nix
Day
KLM
Teo
Shembo
K. Russell
Bennett Jackson

That also doesn't count guys like Ronnie Stanley who weren't playing yet.

I believe that we are all waiting with bated breath to see you put your own words into practice by supporting your claims. I'm not saying that I disagree with what you posted earlier about statistics in context. I'm saying that it would be more worthwhile to show it.
Claims-Evidence-Reasoning. Otherwise it's just a useless back and forth.

Do you want me to provide statistics to prove the fact that statistics need to be put into context?

E="88ND, post: 2448235, member: 12310"]Tim Brown was not on either team.

You ok Bodie?

The fact you think Timmy Brown was on one of those two teams makes me think you truly don't remember just how ridiculously athletic those teams were.
I know Tim Brown last year was 87 !! I was making a point that the Irish had fast skill players back then but overall The Irish of todayhave faster players ! Do you not deny that Bernie lover ! Most of the players were white on those teams ! Todays team is way faster than those teams !! Go do a fundraiser for Bernie ! You will lose because you are a dumba$$ ![/QUOTE]

"You will lose because you are a dumba$$ !"

DUDE -- you really need to quit with the personal attacks -- you don't like it when people want to dissect your rants -- that is fine, and yes, everyone knows you view Irish football with the brightest rose colored glasses available (although a few years ago, you were ripping everyone associated with ND football) -- but your personal attacks are getting old -- you really do come across as a highly immature teenage kid whose mommy has banished him to his room for not eating of your veggies.

Reactions: spenna
I gotta think if one of Lou’s teams, say 93, played this years team, Lou would win. He could coach a team for one game like no other. Theyd just play ball control and possession football and we’d never see the 2018 offense even get to the field. As far as size, Navy plays us tough and they’re always undersized. This years mich team looked like high schoolers and they played us tough.

Tim Brown was not on either team.

You ok Bodie?

This team would leave that team in the dust. Training and nutrition are so far superior. Get real.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT