ADVERTISEMENT

The difference between week 1 - 3 is ND getting teams in 3rd and long...well and offense production

Quest4Twelve

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Aug 31, 2009
When the D can get teams in 3rd and 5 and above that's when they dictate. Playing man and Golden's blitz schemes get home just enough to get off the field.

Reactions: BGI User 756
That, and we had numerous 2nd and short yardage. Running game was obviously dominant. Love’s speed and cutting ability are really elite, and Price is really good between the tackles. Both read the plays as they are developing exceptionally well. Given Leonard’s and Angeli’s and Minchey’s additional success running, you have to conclude that Purdue really sucked, and can’t get too excited over our performance. We won’t beat good teams until we develop a complimentary passing game, and we are far from this three games in.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I'm really way beyond disappointed at how little poise Leonard shows in the pocket. And with 60 percent of our starting offensive line out -- and probably out for the entire season -- I think we are going to have some real problems down the road.

Reactions: NDinNJ
I'm really way beyond disappointed at how little poise Leonard shows in the pocket. And with 60 percent of our starting offensive line out -- and probably out for the entire season -- I think we are going to have some real problems down the road.
Though the competition on the OL was damn good in pre-season. Having Coogan and Rocco as backups is huge.

Reactions: Telx1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT