ADVERTISEMENT

The Defense will decide our Season !

rgc7

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 23, 2012
Our defense seemed to adjust well against Louisville ! Book is a decent to good college QB who
Will be good enough to keep us in and even win most of our games. Judging by the Louisville game
Book has not improved very much over last season, and that is disappointing.
I watched two very good QB,s yesterday , Fromm from Ga. , and the QB from USC. Judging
By the games yesterday, those kids just have the natural talent than Book simply does not have.
Then can stay in the pocket , read the field, find the open receivers and hit them in stride.
Talent is something that you have or you don’t have. Book has a lot of good qualities, but
For ND to beat the better teams on our schedule, we will have to play great defense and error free
Offense. time of possession, first downs, field position and , of course , scoring in the red zone.
It will be an interesting season !
Defense, Defense, Defense !

Our defense seemed to adjust well against Louisville ! Book is a decent to good college QB who
Will be good enough to keep us in and even win most of our games. Judging by the Louisville game
I watched two very good QB,s yesterday , Fromm from Ga. , and the QB from USC. Judging
By the games yesterday, those kids just have the natural talent than Book simply does not have.
Then can stay in the pocket , read the field, find the open receivers and hit them in stride.
Talent is something that you have or you don’t have. Book has a lot of good qualities, but
For ND to beat the better teams on our schedule, we will have to play great defense and error free
Offense. time of possession, first downs, field position and , of course , scoring in the red zone.
Good post and i agree

Not disputing the take on Book, but let’s keep in mind he was missing a lot 9f offensive talent from last year, his top current RB (after the first series), his top TE and one of his starting WR’s. I agree that he is not of the same cloth as some of these other elite QB’s, but he has proven to be a winner. Let’s see how he does next game and more importantly against Georgia.

Not disputing the take on Book, but let’s keep in mind he was missing a lot 9f offensive talent from last year, his top current RB (after the first series), his top TE and one of his starting WR’s. I agree that he is not of the same cloth as some of these other elite QB’s, but he has proven to be a winner. Let’s see how he does next game and more importantly against Georgia.
Good point

Reactions: rgc7

I would add a top 15-20 run game as a must have.

No doubt we are a solid team. I don’t think we are as good as last season. We certainly aren’t as good as Clemson. The reality is there is no chance we win the title. Best bet is a good season. Beat Michigan and win a bowl game. We just don’t have the star power to beat Clemson. Watching Oklahoma, Georgia, and Ohio State, I believe Clemson is beatable. Just not by ND.

No doubt we are a solid team. I don’t think we are as good as last season. We certainly aren’t as good as Clemson. The reality is there is no chance we win the title. Best bet is a good season. Beat Michigan and win a bowl game. We just don’t have the star power to beat Clemson. Watching Oklahoma, Georgia, and Ohio State, I believe Clemson is beatable. Just not by ND.
Unless Clemson beats themselves. Over confidence can be a gift

He's never really had Kmet. Guy just can't stay healthy.

Tremble did a nice job in week 1.

Most QB don't start being courageous during the season.

Good luck with the happy feet

With a really good D and book playing the way he is we can beat everyone on our schedule but Georgia. Need him to improve to have a chance vs Georgia. Problem is, with book playing the way he is about 6 or 7 teams have an actual shot to beat us. The season will resemble a lot of close games like we had the last 4 or 5 last year when the formula was out on book. Hopeful we can win the close ones again. Don’t be fooled by what occurs vs NM, we’ll know at Georgia what our team is.

ND has to do it with offense. When big boy time comes around, it is the offense that needs to carry the day!

ND has to do it with offense. When big boy time comes around, it is the offense that needs to carry the day!
Yep...

Hence why the OP was stressing if we are going to make hay this year it will be with the defense carrying us .... because the offense is incapable of doing so

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT