ADVERTISEMENT

TB likely to win the QB competition at Alabama

The unfortunate and disturbing part is that TB is a good kid, so why are the morons on this site hoping and rooting for him to fail ?
Exactly. I wish TB and TR success except if they play Notre Dame. I believe TR needed a change, and the opportunity to learn from one of the greatest college football coaches of all-time was a no brainer for him. To your point, why would Alabama take TB if they didn't think he could compete or win the starting QB job?

I hope TB is the starter & does well except if he plays the Irish. The biggest obstacle for TB is he can't seem to stay out of the trainers room. Stay healthy would be a big plus for TB.

Reactions: NDinNJ
I hope TB is the starter & does well except if he plays the Irish. The biggest obstacle for TB is he can't seem to stay out of the trainers room. Stay healthy would be a big plus for TB.
I think this is the common opinion. I don't see any poster wanting TB to fail.....predicting failure is another matter. I would equate another serious injury as "failure" in terms of inability to play football. Some kids really shouldn't play football due to being injury prone. Kids with multiple concussions comes to mind. I just think TB's physical makeup might be better suited for soccer or lacrosse or something. He can't stay healthy on the football field...at least at quarterback. I could be proven wrong....but the best predicter of future behavior is past behavior.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
I think this is the common opinion. I don't see any poster wanting TB to fail.....predicting failure is another matter. I would equate another serious injury as "failure" in terms of inability to play football. Some kids really shouldn't play football due to being injury prone. Kids with multiple concussions comes to mind. I just think TB's physical makeup might be better suited for soccer or lacrosse or something. He can't stay healthy on the football field...at least at quarterback. I could be proven wrong....but the best predicter of future behavior is past behavior.
So much depends upon the protection he’s given when passing and how often the play calls for him to run.

Time will tell

So much depends upon the protection he’s given when passing and how often the play calls for him to run.

Time will tell
I don’t know Pat. Even with protection, can TB throw well enough to be elite? Rees gonna have to find a way to develop him. He hadn’t quite done that during their time at ND.

Just look at the current Heisman odds. That will tell you who will start at Bama and it’s not Tyler.
You clearly haven't looked at the odds. If you are going to spout facts at least look them up before posting. All 3 QB's are in the same category per Vegas oddsmakers, which is zero shot at winning the Heisman.
Ty Simpson 23rd on the list
Tyler Buchner 25th on the list
Jalen Milroe 26th on the list.

Last edited:
I don’t know Pat. Even with protection, can TB throw well enough to be elite? Rees gonna have to find a way to develop him. He hadn’t quite done that during their time at ND.
I don’t know the answer, but Saban must have seen something in TB that made him decide to have him join the team.

Time will tell.

You clearly haven't looked at the odds. If you are going to spout facts at least look them up before posting. All 3 QB's are in the same category per Vegas oddsmakers, which is zero shot at winning the Heisman.
Ty Simpson 23rd on the list
Tyler Buchner 25th on the list
Jalen Milroe 26th on the list.

Crazy as it sounds, if I gambled (and I don’t), I’d throw $50 on TB to win the Heisman.

Let’s say he wins the job, and he stays healthy……I could see him racking up a ton of yards and TDs on the ground. But…..

1. I think Simpson wins the job
2. I don’t think TB would stay healthy in the SEC
3. I don’t gamble

One big pointless hypothetical. Forgive me, I’m on a plane and bored as can be.

Crazy as it sounds, if I gambled (and I don’t), I’d throw $50 on TB to win the Heisman.

Let’s say he wins the job, and he stays healthy……I could see him racking up a ton of yards and TDs on the ground. But…..

1. I think Simpson wins the job
2. I don’t think TB would stay healthy in the SEC
3. I don’t gamble

One big pointless hypothetical. Forgive me, I’m on a plane and bored as can be.
Drinking heavily before a flight is never a good thing!

TB will never be a top college QB. everything that he has shown up till now says that
you are embarrassing like all the other TB worshippers
3 starts in 3 years dating back to high school. Tommy, Nick, Kyle Hamilton all beg to differ..throwing in the towel on a guy with such limited game experience is a mistake. In my opinion, he’s got the it factor and is a gamer. Decision making will come with more snaps and will be a bit easier throwing to the outrageous wideouts Bama has than arguably the worst WR corps has has ever had.

ONE talking head says it and you treat it as gospel.

What part of surprising, etc as the summary said do you not understand.

CLICK BAIT.

Find me someone who actually FOLLOWS Alabama football full time that says that and then its worth a thread.
You are too stupid to deal with but I enjoy living in your head rent free. I can see your utter disdain for Buchner through your comments and can only imagine the complete meltdown that awaits you, if Buchner, who has a legitimate shot at winning the starting job, actually wins the QB battle.
See for me, I wish him the best and hope he succeeds where ever life takes him, and I feel that way about most people because Im a positive person.

You are too stupid to deal with but I enjoy living in your head rent free. I can see your utter disdain for Buchner through your comments and can only imagine the complete meltdown that awaits you, if Buchner, who has a legitimate shot at winning the starting job, actually wins the QB battle.
See for me, I wish him the best and hope he succeeds where ever life takes him, and I feel that way about most people because Im a positive person.
I hate the woke bs but in this case you were definitely triggered

• Haha
3 starts in 3 years dating back to high school. Tommy, Nick, Kyle Hamilton all beg to differ..throwing in the towel on a guy with such limited game experience is a mistake. In my opinion, he’s got the it factor and is a gamer. Decision making will come with more snaps and will be a bit easier throwing to the outrageous wideouts Bama has than arguably the worst WR corps has has ever had.
Hey moron! we do need comedy and you do it well!

To borrow a phrase from you, Michael Mayer begs to differ.

Exactly. I wish TB and TR success except if they play Notre Dame. I believe TR needed a change, and the opportunity to learn from one of the greatest college football coaches of all-time was a no brainer for him. To your point, why would Alabama take TB if they didn't think he could compete or win the starting QB job?
Jurkovic was locked down at Fredo.

My opinion is that TB will be a situational quarterback...whose arrival is intended to light a fire under the others in the Bama QB room. That is "value-added"....something Saban knows a thing or two about. Saban was not satisfied with the competition. I do not think he will start at Bama....but he will play on given plays....regularly. That is something that he would not have done, even willingly, at ND. Two things that I believe are true: Saban is no dummy....and TB is not a top shelf SEC quarterback.

My opinion is that TB will be a situational quarterback...whose arrival is intended to light a fire under the others in the Bama QB room. That is "value-added"....something Saban knows a thing or two about. Saban was not satisfied with the competition. I do not think he will start at Bama....but he will play on given plays....regularly. That is something that he would not have done, even willingly, at ND. Two things that I believe are true: Saban is no dummy....and TB is not a top shelf SEC quarterback.
Saban doesn't play QB carousel. He'll go with one QB. I'm not staying it's going to be TB, but he has a legitimate shot. You have to remember after he got hurt and was done for the year, TB wasn't just sitting around doing nothing, he was involved in the offense, and in the booth with Rees the entire season. This gives him an advantage over the other two QB's. At the end of the day, it still needs to translate to on field performance. We shall see.

Just an observation. Saban gets TR to be the OC. Then , not too long after ,T Buchner joins the Tide. So now you have 2 kids recruited by Saban and Buchner is a TR recruit. If it’s going to be TR’s offense, it makes sense to bring In Buchner since he has experience running it. Now does that mean he will win the start ? I don’t know. But on the outside looking, it does seem no QB is the clear number one. Saban most likely wanted TB because of his knowledge of Rees offense. Just maybe, without any QB separation, TB logically might get the start on the first game. It will be interesting to watch how the QB competition unfolds.

Good for TB if he does....
I agree 100 %

Why are so many people down on this kid ?

Why wouldn’t you wish him the best of luck and success ?

Are the denigrators so miserable and unhappy with their lives that his failure will somehow make them feel better ?

Did Tyler Buchner date your daughter and dump her?
some here really need to stop worshiping a mediocre at best QB. Seems to be a good kid (thought calling legal adults kid is stupid) and outside of the fact he quit and ran from here I have nothing bad to say about him personally. Those trying to pump up a poor QB keep trying to say its personal but that is all they have since he has never shown anything worthwhile.

And I do have this question:

Did Alabama offer TB before he picked Notre Dame?
What little data we have is not positive … poor mechanics, poor decision making and good legs which may not be such a positive for an injury prone kid. So far Saban bet one available scholarship on him, which just means one less walk on is getting a scholarship at the end of fall camp. Let’s see if Saban will bet a season on him by naming him the starter. If so, good for TB.

I agree 100 %

Why are so many people down on this kid ?

Why wouldn’t you wish him the best of luck and success ?

Are the denigrators so miserable and unhappy with their lives that his failure will somehow make them feel better ?

So unless he’s lauded as a Heisman candidate in your opinion people are “down on him”?

Stop virtue signaling. Nobody cares about Buchner.

ONE talking head says it and you treat it as gospel.

What part of surprising, etc as the summary said do you not understand.

CLICK BAIT.

Find me someone who actually FOLLOWS Alabama football full time that says that and then its worth a thread.
Like I said Clickbait

Someone desperately trying to get more attention

I did some checking (even dropping by the Rival Alabama board) and NO ONE THERE really believes TB will be the starter unless there are several injuries
Really pathetic.
That was the last place I stopped at and no one anywhere thought TB was going to start
Now go somewhere and cry
ALways an excuse for HIS failures
NO ONE anywhere including all the other sports networks thinks TB is anything but a loser
So go and sob and whine and make yourself look more stupid then you already are
The job here was his to take and he failed

SO who says you are qualified to say otherwise?
Every coach sooner or later burns out or retires
Sometimes force sometimes not
So why do you think this is not a mistake on Saban's part?
OR are you claiming he has never been wrong?
You will get hit no matter how good your O line is
Just like your claim Saban never makes a mistake?
Then YOU need to shut up since you are no more qualified to then I am.

And Saban HAS made his share of mistakes over the years and the odds are this is another

Only IDIOTS like you slobber over TB
All it takes is one moron
TB will never be a top college QB. everything that he has shown up till now says that
you are embarrassing like all the other TB worshippers

I hate the woke bs but in this case you were definitely triggered
Hey moron! we do need comedy and you do it well!
Alabama will NOT be a NC contender if he is their starting QB. Eat it.
some here really need to stop worshiping a mediocre at best QB. Seems to be a good kid (thought calling legal adults kid is stupid) and outside of the fact he quit and ran from here I have nothing bad to say about him personally. Those trying to pump up a poor QB keep trying to say its personal but that is all they have since he has never shown anything worthwhile.
And I do have this question:

Did Alabama offer TB before he picked Notre Dame?
Consistent.

If I say "somewhere in my town, there will be an automobile accident tomorrow"....that in no way resembles "I hope there is an automobile accident in my town tomorrow". Yet the drama queens want them to be one and the same. And so it is with TB. I hope he stays healthy and competes for the starting job at Bama. I do not think he will stay healthy if he plays. Nor do I think he will be on the field long if he does stay healthy. Saban won't tolerate the turnovers. My opinion does not make me a TB hater. If I am proven wrong...I will admit it.

If I say "somewhere in my town, there will be an automobile accident tomorrow"....that in no way resembles "I hope there is an automobile accident in my town tomorrow". Yet the drama queens want them to be one and the same. And so it is with TB. I hope he stays healthy and competes for the starting job at Bama. I do not think he will stay healthy if he plays. Nor do I think he will be on the field long if he does stay healthy. Saban won't tolerate the turnovers. My opinion does not make me a TB hater. If I am proven wrong...I will admit it.

It’s the age old “attacking a straw man”. Or, in some cases, virtue signaling. There are a handful of emo girls, likely from California, or some other weird place where their male sports stars paint their fingernails on here. Nobody has ill will towards Tyler Buchner. Nor would anyone support someone that did have ill will towards him. Saying he isn't good enough to start at Bama (or ND) is an opinion and nothing more. Whether that’s true or false will play out (already answered itself in SB), but it’s simply an opinion nonetheless less. No different from saying USC won’t make the playoffs bc their defense stinks, we need to replace O’Leary, or we can’t win a title with Pyne. Nobody hopes he fails.

There are a lot of people that openly root for BK to fail, however. Likely the same lame hypocrites arguing that fans aren’t allowed to criticize any college QB’s (like all fans should just passively accept the outcome of sports regardless of performance). What fun that would be. Maybe ESPN and other media can stop criticizing too and we can all hold hands in the stands and hope for all our games to end in ties so nobody goes home sad.

Last edited:
By the way I still have not heard anyone saying Saban offered TB a scholarship out of High School.

Him going to Alabama is clearly on TR. I can see Saban saying OK if you really want him.

Does not mean Saban thinks he is all that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT