ADVERTISEMENT

TB likely to win the QB competition at Alabama

Good for TB if it works out for him … that article does not say TB is likely to be the starting QB, but rather that there is no clear front runner and a decision is not imminent.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Good for TB if it works out for him … that article does not say TB is likely to be the starting QB, but rather that there is no clear front runner and a decision is not imminent.
Like I said Clickbait

Someone desperately trying to get more attention

I did some checking (even dropping by the Rival Alabama board) and NO ONE THERE really believes TB will be the starter unless there are several injuries

Reactions: sluggo69
Like I said Clickbait

I did some checking (even dropping by the Rival Alabama board) and NO ONE THERE really believes TB will be the starter unless there are several injuries
As we know, board members know ALL 😂

Reactions: BGI User 756
If true, TB may get Ole Purple Face to the playoffs after all.

Love the kid and wish him well but no, just no.

Buchner should have stayed at ND. Jmo.

For sure. He’d unequivocally be the favorite to start in 2024 and I doubt there’d be much of a competition. Honestly Rees screwed TB in many ways. Never developed him, brought in Hartman over him, and then took him from the place he’d likely start next season just to sit the bench and add depth at Bama all while wasting years taking hard classes at ND but never actually getting a ND degree.

He’d have learned a thing or two from Hartman and Gino and have been the 100% certain starter in 2024. Angeli would’ve possibly transferred but we’d have Buchner, Minchey as the backup, and Carr as true frosh.

I’m more than happy to go get another transfer for 2024 but Buchner really made a bonehead move imo. I guess we will see. If he starts an entire season at Bama (which I seriously doubt), it was the right move.

Last edited:
Reactions: bizzybecknd
Like I said Clickbait

Nothing like the word from a handful of CFB fans from a Rival's site to treat as Gospel. LMAO.

Reactions: NDinNJ
He wants to start and play now. Not 13 months from now. And the NCAA rules now make that easier.

More power to him.
He would have played a good amount this year at ND. I’m willing to bet he gets more time on the bench at Bama. Once one of those other 3 highly rated qb”s start to emerge Buchner will be a permanent beach warmer. At least at ND he would have gotten the ND degree and had a chance to be the guy going in to 2024. Jmo.

Nothing like the word from a handful of CFB fans from a Rival's site to treat as Gospel. LMAO.
Really pathetic.
That was the last place I stopped at and no one anywhere thought TB was going to start
Now go somewhere and cry

For sure. He’d unequivocally be the favorite to start in 2024 and I doubt there’d be much of a competition. Honestly Rees screwed TB in many ways. Never developed him, brought in Hartman over him, and then took him from the place he’d likely start next season just to sit the bench and add depth at Bama all while wasting years taking hard classes at ND but never actually getting a ND degree.

He’d have learned a thing or two from Hartman and Gino and have been the 100% certain starter in 2024. Angeli would’ve possibly transferred but we’d have Buchner, Minchey as the backup, and Carr as true frosh.

I’m more than happy to go get another transfer for 2024 but Buchner really made a bonehead move imo. I guess we will see. If he starts an entire season at Bama (which I seriously doubt), it was the right move.
ALways an excuse for HIS failures

ALways an excuse for HIS failures
Wouldn’t be shocked in the slightest if Buchner started at Bama, in fact I think he wins the job. His failures.. ha the guy started 3 games in his career at ND, did you expect a polished pro. What did Hartmans first 3 starts look like?

He would have played a good amount this year at ND. I’m willing to bet he gets more time on the bench at Bama. Once one of those other 3 highly rated qb”s start to emerge Buchner will be a permanent beach warmer. At least at ND he would have gotten the ND degree and had a chance to be the guy going in to 2024. Jmo.
Bryce Young is gone. And if the other Alabama "highly rated...." QB'S were as good as advertised, Nick Saban and OC Tommy Rees would not have gone QB shopping.

Bryce Young is gone. And if the other Alabama "highly rated...." QB'S were as good as advertised, Nick Saban and OC Tommy Rees would not have gone QB shopping.
That’s a valid point !

Wouldn’t be shocked in the slightest if Buchner started at Bama, in fact I think he wins the job. His failures.. ha the guy started 3 games in his career at ND, did you expect a polished pro. What did Hartmans first 3 starts look like?
He is an inaccurate passer with a weird motion that has trouble making reads … a change in coaching will make a big difference, oh wait. The one thing this guy needed was different coaching because he was a high school QB while at ND.

Dinich?? Not exactly what McElroy and others close to bama are saying. buchner knows TR’s offense better than Simpson/ Milroe and that should help his chances. But Saban is looking for a game manager at qb this year who doesn’t turn the ball over and has the locker room. They are moving more to a run heavy/ utilize TE offense. milroe is tough/thick and a great runner and has been in Saban’s system. He beat A&M last year and looked good finishing against Arkansas. he won’t be Young but doesn’t look like Tommy/Saban are asking this years bama qb to be him. If his decision making is sound in fall camp I think they start with Milroe , ( Saban usually gives the veterans an advantage), and by mid season it’s Simpson, who appears to be a real talent. Simpson had uninspiring spring game but was hampered by early 1st q thumb injury. Don’t think Buckner has been there long enough to win over teammates and he’s not the athlete Milroe is. When and if Simpson gets the reigns Milroe will probably hit the portal thus the need for a Buchner. Bama also has 2 really good fr. that have both been impressive. Let’s see if Buchner even gets through fall camp injury free. I wish him a lot of luck though

TB definitely has talent. He’s a very good runner. The main issue was his passing game. I don’t think he played enough games at ND to truly assess him as a passer. Remember, he was injured and missed his senior high school season though he did practice a lot while at ND. He didn’t play that many games. I thought he did rather well in the Gator bowl. Not without mistakes, but he battled through and showed some moxie. It will be interesting to watch if he does get the start for Bama.

I don't mind Buchner being gone too much. He was a mediocre passer. He seems like a halfback playing QB. This should give Angeli and Minchey more opportunities to develop as viable backups for Hartman.

TB definitely has talent. He’s a very good runner. The main issue was his passing game. I don’t think he played enough games at ND to truly assess him as a passer. Remember, he was injured and missed his senior high school season though he did practice a lot while at ND. He didn’t play that many games. I thought he did rather well in the Gator bowl. Not without mistakes, but he battled through and showed some moxie. It will be interesting to watch if he does get the start for Bama.
I agree he is a good runner. But not as good as Milroe and not as good a passer as Simpson. He is Tommy’s boy so we’ll see.

He is an inaccurate passer with a weird motion that has trouble making reads … a change in coaching will make a big difference, oh wait. The one thing this guy needed was different coaching because he was a high school QB while at ND.
Weird motion is hardly an issue (Phillip Rivers), accuracy and reads come with playing time/experience. You’re right, essentially was- You know a ton of stud QBs who started 3 games in 3 years? He’s a gamer, Nick wanted him out of high school and got him a few yes later. Hamilton said he’s got the ability to win the Heisman, but your take after 3 starts is what I’ll go on 😂

Notre Dame took Dylan Devezin. Marcus Freeman says hi. You are such a wiener. What thoughts come through your mind when you look at yourself shirtless in the mirror?

Maybe he’ll play early. He throws some bad picks, then I think Saban will have an early hook. A bad INT in a big game……Saban will have options (not Drew Pyne and Steve Angeli).

The South Carolina game was fun, and I wish TB stayed, but turnovers kill, and I’m not sure he’ll ever protect the ball enough to be a playoff level QB.

Could certainly be wrong.

This board should be more concerned w Minchey or Angeli being ready to play and win a big game in literally 12 months. @ A&M will be here soon.

If TB wins job then Alabamas offense won’t be very good. He will struggle versus SEC defenses

If TB wins job then Alabamas offense won’t be very good. He will struggle versus SEC defenses
Then why did Saban bring him into the program ?

What do you know that Saban doesn’t know ?

Then why did Saban bring him into the program ?

What do you know that Saban doesn’t know ?
It's funny several posters came at me for starting this post. I came across an article and figured I'd post it here. Yet some of the clowns on this board come at me saying, while also or providing their supposed "expert" opinion. Some of the individuals in this forum aren't very bright.

Reactions: IrishMike409
ONE talking head says it and you treat it as gospel.

What part of surprising, etc as the summary said do you not understand.

CLICK BAIT.

Find me someone who actually FOLLOWS Alabama football full time that says that and then its worth a thread.
And who made you the expert on this forum? Your response to me simply posting an article I came across shows what a complete loser you are. The fact that you are triggered by a link tells me all I need to know about your pathetic life.

Weird motion is hardly an issue (Phillip Rivers), accuracy and reads come with playing time/experience. You’re right, essentially was- You know a ton of stud QBs who started 3 games in 3 years? He’s a gamer, Nick wanted him out of high school and got him a few yes later. Hamilton said he’s got the ability to win the Heisman, but your take after 3 starts is what I’ll go on 😂
Sling shots the ball, throws bad interceptions against bad defenses like Marshall and S Carolina’s 3rd string … I don’t study high school football but I do know that many good athletes excel in high school then fizzle when they get to a more level playing field of competition in college. I’ll be more than a little surprised if he wins a heisman or plays on Sundays but I’ve been surprised before. Good luck to him - he was struggling at ND and maybe this will be the unlock - you seem to think so and you seem like an expert.

The job here was his to take and he failed

And who made you the expert on this forum? Your response to me simply posting an article I came across shows what a complete loser you are. The fact that you are triggered by a link tells me all I need to know about your pathetic life.
the moment anyone uses triggered you know that person is a fool

If TB would somehow be the starting QB at Alabama then we all know that the dynasty there is over.

I’m not sure how Tommy Rees all of a sudden makes him a superstar? If he plays like he did at ND he will not succeed in the SEC.

Reactions: Chitown11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT