ADVERTISEMENT

TB likely to win the QB competition at Alabama

I’m not sure how Tommy Rees all of a sudden makes him a superstar? If he plays like he did at ND he will not succeed in the SEC.
I’m not sure how Tommy Rees all of a sudden makes him a superstar? If he plays like he did at ND he will not succeed in the SEC.

A few ways to improve a QB’s performance are:
1. Give him better protection
2. Give him more talented receivers
3. Give him a better running game

Do you equate what he had at ND with what he’s going to have at Alabama ?

It's funny several posters came at me for starting this post. I came across an article and figured I'd post it here. Yet some of the clowns on this board come at me saying, while also or providing their supposed "expert" opinion. Some of the individuals in this forum aren't very bright.
And thank you for posting. Always good to read content that creates divergent points of view. Personally I was questioning Dinich sources and her assessment

Reactions: NDinNJ
If Tyler Buchner couldn't stay healthy at Notre Dame.....I doubt he can navigate the SEC minefield and stay healthy at Bama either. They got some heavy hitters down there....and Buchner can't resist the tuck and run.

If Tyler Buchner couldn't stay healthy at Notre Dame.....I doubt he can navigate the SEC minefield and stay healthy at Bama either. They got some heavy hitters down there....and Buchner can't resist the tuck and run.
That all depends on the amount of time he’s given and how strong their running game is.

Time and Nick Saban will tell, everything else is just speculation from 30,000 feet.

For sure. He’d unequivocally be the favorite to start in 2024 and I doubt there’d be much of a competition. Honestly Rees screwed TB in many ways. Never developed him, brought in Hartman over him, and then took him from the place he’d likely start next season just to sit the bench and add depth at Bama all while wasting years taking hard classes at ND but never actually getting a ND degree.

He’d have learned a thing or two from Hartman and Gino and have been the 100% certain starter in 2024. Angeli would’ve possibly transferred but we’d have Buchner, Minchey as the backup, and Carr as true frosh.

I’m more than happy to go get another transfer for 2024 but Buchner really made a bonehead move imo. I guess we will see. If he starts an entire season at Bama (which I seriously doubt), it was the right move.
Rees screwed TB. 🤣
What color is the sky in your world?

Reactions: echowaker
TB will be surrounded with "Heavy Hitters" that wear the same uniform color.

Maybe Nick Saban is trying to replace the Kick Six as his biggest guffaw? I mean everyone is entitled to a dumb decision or two.
Do you feel that you’re more qualified to make that assessment than Saban ?

Bryce Young is gone. And if the other Alabama "highly rated...." QB'S were as good as advertised, Nick Saban and OC Tommy Rees would not have gone QB shopping.
I get that perspective also.

The good part is we are all going to find out real soon how it all shakes out in the Bama qb room. As the old saying goes “ time will tell”

Do you feel that you’re more qualified to make that assessment than Saban ?
SO who says you are qualified to say otherwise?
Every coach sooner or later burns out or retires
Sometimes force sometimes not
So why do you think this is not a mistake on Saban's part?
OR are you claiming he has never been wrong?

That all depends on the amount of time he’s given and how strong their running game is.

Time and Nick Saban will tell, everything else is just speculation from 30,000 feet.
Just like your claim Saban never makes a mistake?

Why don't you email Nick Saban and tell the man you are concerned for his own "...burnout..." and that he made a mistake.

cc Tommy Rees.

I’m amply qualified to state that Saban knows exponentially more about college football and evaluating talent than you and all the other armchair, Monday morning QB’s on this site.

Are you stating that Saban is burned out ?
We know that he isn’t retired !

Because he knows more about football than you and all the other TB bashers on this site.

Saban didn’t get to where he is by being wrong.

In order to evaluate your opinion versus Saban’s opinion could you list your coaching credentials, your experience in coaching and your record in coaching ?

Thanks

Would you cite where I stated that.

You’re a blowhard know nothing who thinks he knows more than Saban.
You’re an embarrassing joke.

But the real question is: Why are you hoping that TB fails at Alabama ?

I’m amply qualified to state that Saban knows exponentially more about college football and evaluating talent than you and all the other armchair, Monday morning QB’s on this site.

Are you stating that Saban is burned out ?
We know that he isn’t retired !

Because he knows more about football than you and all the other TB bashers on this site.

Saban didn’t get to where he is by being wrong.

In order to evaluate your opinion versus Saban’s opinion could you list your coaching credentials, your experience in coaching and your record in coaching ?

Thanks
Then YOU need to shut up since you are no more qualified to then I am.

And Saban HAS made his share of mistakes over the years and the odds are this is another

Only IDIOTS like you slobber over TB

Would you cite where I stated that.

You’re a blowhard know nothing who thinks he knows more than Saban.
You’re an embarrassing joke.

But the real question is: Why are you hoping that TB fails at Alabama ?
TB will never be a top college QB. everything that he has shown up till now says that
you are embarrassing like all the other TB worshippers

TB will never be a top college QB. everything that he has shown up till now says that
1. I never stated that TB would be a top college QB, where’d you get that misinformation
from ?
2. I’m not a TB worshipper, where did you get that misinformation from ?
3. Why are you obsessed with denigrating TB ?
4. Why are you rooting for him to fail at Alabama ?

Always thought TB would be great. Not just good but great. But alas, he has some accuracy issues and leadership issues you can see with the team.

He didn’t play well in the BG and certainly didn’t beat out Hartman. You can’t blame MF. He had those two last year and one injury away from a repeat puts him out of a job.

He has what he needs now. A young talent with an old talent and an incoming 5 star.

I could never root for Bama so let’s hope if he starts they suffer a similar fate against the citadel like we did Marshall.

And Saban HAS made his share of mistakes over the years and the odds are this is another

Chances are that I’m probably more qualified than you, but that’s not the issue .

This isn’t an issue of a difference of opinion between you and me, it’s an issue about a difference of opinion between Saban and you.

”The odds are that this is a mistake by Saban”
Okay, what are the odds ?

I could be an idiot, but I’m still a hell of a lot smarter than you.

On several occasions you’ve refused to answer my question, which is, WHY are you rooting so hard for TB to fail at Alabama ?

Last edited:
If TB is starting QB for Alabama that would be wonderful. It means they will win 9 games this year.

Burmafrd1943,

Chances are that I’m probably more qualified than you, but that’s not the issue .

This isn’t an issue of a difference of opinion between you and me, it’s an issue about a difference of opinion between Saban and you.

”The odds are that this is a mistake by Saban”
Okay, what are the odds ?

I could be an idiot, but I’m still a hell of a lot smarter than you.

On several occasions you’ve refused to answer my question, which is, WHY are you rooting so hard for TB to fail at Alabama ?

You will get hit no matter how good your O line is

All it takes is one moron
Drink beer.

ONE talking head says it and you treat it as gospel.

What part of surprising, etc as the summary said do you not understand.

CLICK BAIT.

Find me someone who actually FOLLOWS Alabama football full time that says that and then its worth a thread.
Like I said Clickbait

Someone desperately trying to get more attention

I did some checking (even dropping by the Rival Alabama board) and NO ONE THERE really believes TB will be the starter unless there are several injuries
Really pathetic.
That was the last place I stopped at and no one anywhere thought TB was going to start
Now go somewhere and c
ALways an excuse for HIS failures
NO ONE anywhere including all the other sports networks thinks TB is anything but a loser
So go and sob and whine and make yourself look more stupid then you already are
The job here was his to take and he failed
the moment anyone uses triggered you know that person is a fool
If TB would somehow be the starting QB at Alabama then we all know that the dynasty there is over.
Drink more beer.

Hartman wanted to come to ND, NOT Bama.
Supposedly he was coming here to get developed by tommy — away from the slow mesh and more pro style. He projected as a UFA so he needed more development. I think the nil deal kept him here and obviously a belief in the new OC.

Please list 15.
why do you waste so much time out of your life posting on a college football recruiting board? You may want to consider a new hobby, like reading. I think it could really help you.

And thank you for posting. Always good to read content that creates divergent points of view. Personally I was questioning Dinich sources and her assessment
Thank you! I never said I agreed with the article, just found it interesting of their opinion on the QB battle, and some on here are having complete meltdowns.

Thank you! I never said I agreed with the article, just found it interesting of their opinion on the QB battle, and some on here are having complete meltdowns.
The unfortunate and disturbing part is that TB is a good kid, so why are the morons on this site hoping and rooting for him to fail ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT