ADVERTISEMENT

TB likely to win the QB competition at Alabama

Why are so many obsessed with TB and Alabama.

TB is a good kid and a former ND QB.

Universally, he should have our best wishes for success in any future endeavor.

Instead we have a number of those, directly and indirectly, rooting for him to fail.

WHY ?

Reactions: NDinNJ
Why are so many obsessed with TB and Alabama.

TB is a good kid and a former ND QB.

Universally, he should have our best wishes for success in any future endeavor.

Instead we have a number of those, directly and indirectly, rooting for him to fail.

WHY ?
I agree a lot of butt hurt individuals for whatever reason seem to want TB to fail. I asked for links regarding TB running 3rd behind Milroe and Simpson, yet no one posts crap. Yet here's an article from just yesterday where an OL for Alabama says the position is up for grabs with all 3 in the mix.

I agree a lot of butt hurt individuals for whatever reason seem to want TB to fail. I asked for links regarding TB running 3rd behind Milroe and Simpson, yet no one posts crap. Yet here's an article from just yesterday where an OL for Alabama says the position is up for grabs with all 3 in the mix.
Pretty diplomatic and predictable response from Booker, not sure it means much. Look I wanted TB to be successful HERE. Obviously some unfortunate injuries slowed his progress. but even after mvp in bowl game, ( although given all the no shows for SC it was basically vs their scout team) , and winning starting job back he was told you’re not good enough—yet. you have to believe it was freeman that lacked faith in TB and not TR. otherwise TB never would have followed TR to Bama. And I’m sure after out playing Hartman for most of the spring and realizing it didn’t matter he said adios. Hartman was paid a million bucks to come in as the guy and unless he completely vomited on himself he was going to be the guy. I feel bad for TB because I don’t think we ever got to see anything near his true potential. I can only guess he choose bama out of respect/admiration for TR and who knows, TB may have initiated the contact. Best of luck to the young man in all his endeavors.

Saban is a Fox. All 3QB’s will play in the early games. All 3 QBs can run his offense. Wait till g4.. It is hard to defend duel threat QBs surrounded by 5* talent on LINE AND SKILL POSITION. Fun Fun Fun!

Pretty diplomatic and predictable response from Booker, not sure it means much. Look I wanted TB to be successful HERE. Obviously some unfortunate injuries slowed his progress. but even after mvp in bowl game, ( although given all the no shows for SC it was basically vs their scout team) , and winning starting job back he was told you’re not good enough—yet. you have to believe it was freeman that lacked faith in TB and not TR. otherwise TB never would have followed TR to Bama. And I’m sure after out playing Hartman for most of the spring and realizing it didn’t matter he said adios. Hartman was paid a million bucks to come in as the guy and unless he completely vomited on himself he was going to be the guy. I feel bad for TB because I don’t think we ever got to see anything near his true potential. I can only guess he choose bama out of respect/admiration for TR and who knows, TB may have initiated the contact. Best of luck to the young man in all his endeavors.
"you have to believe it was freeman that lacked faith in TB and not TR. otherwise TB never would have followed TR to Bama"

Not sure it was a lack of faith but an overall sense of what he (Freeman) envisions for his offense now that he is beginning to settle into the HC role. And maybe, Buchner did not fit that mold.

Would have been interesting had Rees STAYED at ND -- how would the QB battle have evolved in the spring.

"you have to believe it was freeman that lacked faith in TB and not TR. otherwise TB never would have followed TR to Bama"

Not sure it was a lack of faith but an overall sense of what he (Freeman) envisions for his offense now that he is beginning to settle into the HC role. And maybe, Buchner did not fit that mold.

Would have been interesting had Rees STAYED at ND -- how would the QB battle have evolved in the spring.
Could be that, probably a number of things. But if you’re TB and you outplay Hartman all spring, ( by most reports I read) and then you have to play against the 1 defense in spring game while being incumbent starter!!? That’s a pretty loud message. Don’t blame him at all for leaving. And if his future aspirations as a coach are true a very smart decision

Reactions: Kelso86
I’ve been rooting for Tyler. Want nothing but the best from him. I saw a 247 analyst said he was running as QB3. Link below

Tweet

Congrats to Buchner.

I think Bama is hoping either A) that given more time in practice, Milroe will come around, or B), they can land someone in the portal for 2024.

Congrats to Buchner.

I think Bama is hoping either A) that given more time in practice, Milroe will come around, or B), they can land someone in the portal for 2024.
Milroe: proves big arm does not mean you are a QB. It will b b or bust!

Anybody who thinks Buchner isn't going to perform way better with all of the top 5 overall prospects at their respective position on that roster is fooling themselves.

TALENT IS EVERYTHING.

When you have RBs who can make a cut and outrun everybody on defense after a small dump off your numbers are going to get way better. When you have a WR that is faster and more athletic than everybody in the defensive backfield it's easy to just sling the ball high and far and watch your all world first round future NFL WR run under it and score a TD which makes you look good.

Buchner is going to be a beast at Alabama

Tommy Rees and Buchner went from driving a toyota scion to driving a dodge viper.
Hey Chaseball, want to revisit this. 😂 All your talk about Buchner being a beast at Alabama, and how they both went from driving a toyota scion to driving a dodge viper pretty much has a bunch of egg all over your face.

Even TB should be able to win at Bama with all that talent.

In all fairness to TB, he was running an offense in a monsoon. In all fairness to the posters who don’t believe in TB’s abilities, he looked like the same QB he has shown to be while at ND. Bad throws, no spiral, etc…

It really was a monsoon though. I’m surprised they threw it as much as they did. BAMA’s OL is bad and they can’t get the running game going at all so that’s probably why.

I’ve been rooting for Tyler. Want nothing but the best from him. I saw a 247 analyst said he was running as QB3. Link below

Tweet
I root for Tyler, root for Tommy, root for the ND NFL guys, it's just what I do.

That said, to each their own.

Hey Chaseball, want to revisit this. 😂 All your talk about Buchner being a beast at Alabama, and how they both went from driving a toyota scion to driving a dodge viper pretty much has a bunch of egg all over your face.
Now, Chaseball can think of the comparison more as a change from driving a Scion to a Pinto.

Last edited:
  • Haha
In all fairness to TB, he was running an offense in a monsoon. In all fairness to the posters who don’t believe in TB’s abilities, he looked like the same QB he has shown to be while at ND. Bad throws, no spiral, etc…

It really was a monsoon though. I’m surprised they threw it as much as they did. BAMA’s OL is bad and they can’t get the running game going at all so that’s probably why.
Rees dialing up pass plays during that deluge just like his mentor, BK. This is why I was happy to see Rees go to Alabama, to hopefully learn from a different coach. Now it's up to him, either he learns or he feels he knows everything already and doesn't need to be mentored.

Reactions: NIN Irish
Rees dialing up pass plays during that deluge just like his mentor, BK. This is why I was happy to see Rees go to Alabama, to hopefully learn from a different coach. Now it's up to him, either he learns or he feels he knows everything already and doesn't need to be mentored.
21 months and 100 million guaranteed later, you're still talking about Brian Kelly.

Dude.

Can definitely see the ND vs NCST Hurricane game comparison. Good call

21 months and 100 million guaranteed later, you're still talking about Brian Kelly.

Dude.
when you lose the argument, you turn to a contract that you get zero from. 😂 I could care less what BK makes. At this point Kelly is way overpaid for the results to date, and LSU won't be as patient as ND was.Same goes for Tommy "Do your F'ing Job" Rees at Alabama.

The CEO of Enron was being paid millions as well, doesn't mean their performance deserves it.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT